Reload this Page >

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Old May 12th 2007, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

chelle1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Hello

We are on the ground floor. There is no problem from noise, it is not a busy road.
Old May 12th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

gillym is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just thinking of cars parking for restaurant. Are the links for agents or owners?
Old May 12th 2007, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gillym
Was just thinking of cars parking for restaurant. Are the links for agents or owners?
It's not been a problem. It is possible to obtain a no parking permit from the town hall to stop people parking outside but have not felt the need to.

The links are for agents but I know of one person wanting to sell privately.
Old May 27th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we're coming for our hols next week and hopefully move to Day Nueva in 18 months (cant wait)

Village is lovely but does anyone know of a good bar not too far away that does entertainment in the evenings. Also can you recommend a reliable taxi please, thanks

Christine
Old May 28th 2007, 7:14 am
Just Joined

gillym is an unknown quantity at this point

You will see numbers for taxis stuck to many of the lam posts around the village.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info on taxis, Chris
Old May 29th 2007, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Hello
There is a place called the Disco Bar in the village that does entertainment in the evenings
Old May 29th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for telling me about the disco bar, will have to try it. I did hear it also does good food. We did try the restaurant in the square and thought the food was good value, the only thing was we didnt get what we ordered cos we dont speak spanish, but it was a laugh and what they brought wasnt bad. Have you lived in Daya Nueva long and do you like it.

Chris
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

gaynormurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bartlett
Would like to ask the same as this guy did 12 months ago please

My name is barts
Hi there Barts!
Just going through this forum and came across your questions on Daya Nueva. We own a 3 bed house in Daya Nueva, bought it in 2004, hope to move out there permanently later this year. There is a rental company called NTS run by an English couple, based in Daya Nueva, they have a website with all the details. Daya is a lovely Spanish village with very friendly people. If you want any other info, please get in touch! Regards, Gaynor
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jacksons
Hi, thanks for telling me about the disco bar, will have to try it. I did hear it also does good food. We did try the restaurant in the square and thought the food was good value, the only thing was we didnt get what we ordered cos we dont speak spanish, but it was a laugh and what they brought wasnt bad. Have you lived in Daya Nueva long and do you like it.

Chris
Hi there! We have a 3 bed house on Pinada Gardens, near to the new town hall, hope to move permanently later this year! Can confirm that the Disco Bar is a lovely place, Antonio and his wife who run it have spent a lot of money on the bar over the last couple of years, hence the price of beer is a bit more expensive than the other Spanish bars, but the food is tasty and the terrace is beautiful on a sunny day, and there is live music a couple of times a week. Yo Yos used to be nice, but it is now pricey and they arnt so English friendly! The pub in the square is very friendly, but they dont speak English! Nice food and cheap though! There is also a newish coffee/bar opened at the other end of the village, towards La Bodega, they are very nice in there and food and drink reasonable! Any other info needed, please ask! Regards, Gaynor
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gaynor,

Thanks everso for all the info on bars etc. will try the coffee bar, we'd like to get to know some people. We bought a 2 bedroomed house as you come into Daya Nueva last september and although we've managed to get over there a few times for short visits its mainly to get the house sorted.
We're going this tuesday for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it.

Most of the house is done, except we will be getting a roof on the galleria, think that what they call it. We had two round to measure up and give us a quote but never heard from them again. I suppose we will have to get used to it in Spain.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you. Bye for now

Chris
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jacksons
Hi Gaynor,

Thanks everso for all the info on bars etc. will try the coffee bar, we'd like to get to know some people. We bought a 2 bedroomed house as you come into Daya Nueva last september and although we've managed to get over there a few times for short visits its mainly to get the house sorted.
We're going this tuesday for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it.

Most of the house is done, except we will be getting a roof on the galleria, think that what they call it. We had two round to measure up and give us a quote but never heard from them again. I suppose we will have to get used to it in Spain.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you. Bye for now

Chris
Hi! No problem! What sort of roof are you looking for, what material do you want, might be able to recommend someone local, do envy you going out there tuesday, we go for 2 weeks at end of june, cant wait!!! Anything else I can help with? Best wishes, Gaynor
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Hi Gaynor,

Thanks for quick reply. The roof we need will be a polycarbonate roof with a metal frame, which will have to have an opening skylight to get to the air con
unit if it ever broke down. By the way, the coffee bar you mentioned, is that the end of the village going towards Almoradi. We havnt had much chance to get to know the area well, so its nice to hear of different places to try.

Did i ask you if you knew of any evening shows in the nearby towns to go to.

Thanks again,

regards Chris
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Hello Chris. Sorry about the late reply. I currently live in the UK and visit Daya about 6 times a year. I was there 2 weeks ago and fly out again on Tuesday.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Message for gillym: Restaurant opening times

Monday - Breakfast till 6pm
Tuesday - Closed all day
Wednesday - Breakfast till 6pm
Thursday - Breakfast till 6pm
Friday - Breakfast till 6pm 8PM till 11PM
Saturday - Breakfast till 6pm 8PM till 11PM
Sunday - Breakfast till 6pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.