Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:35 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

We also went over our budget with TM, but like you couldn't find anything else as good and we looked everywhere over the space of 8 days with 4 different agents.

One of the problems with a lot of the properties shown to us was that the kitchens were not big enough and the living and bedroom areas were too small for permanent living. There is no way I am losing my dishwasher. I liked the TM properties cause of the room for washing machine and dishwasher and the utility room off the kitchen plus the storage cupboard under the stairs.

I think people don't think about storage when moving to Spain permanently. We are losing a shed and a garage and a big loft so where does it all go? You can only get rid of so much. We thought get a large plastic storage unit and put it up on the solarium out of the sun.

Glad you have heard from TM that the properties may be ready for end of April/beginning of May. That's what they had told us originally and I know they are not usually late in delivery.

Good luck with your NIE.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:37 am
Just Joined

teddybear is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky you having a solarium. Are you moving over permanently - what a life if you are - we intend doing that eventually but time will tell. Maybe we can get together when the complex is opened and be formally introduced - where are you from - I am from Glasgow. I was impressed that the apartments were fully furnished complete with dishwasher - yes the apartments we say within our bugdet were small and not in great locations - some of them were very inland - hopefully the overbudget will be worth it!!!! I am sure it will

Michele
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:43 am
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michele

Yes we are moving over permanently hopefully in about 18 months to 2 years. We are counting the days.

We have not taken the furniture package as we wanted better quality mattresses as we will be living there rather than just using it as a holiday place and we had already bought some living room furniture here that was an offer we couldn't refuse at the time.

We went to the place that supplies the white goods in San Javier (Mar Menor) and the fridge freezers only have a small freezer section and the washing machine is a very low spin speed. We could have upgraded the washing machine and fridge freezer with that company but we decided to purchase them independently in Costa Blanca and have ordered them ready for April. We have had our furniture package price knocked off the cost of the property apart from lights on the stairs and in the bathrooms.

We also went to the place that is supplying the furniture in Los Montisinos but they did not have anything in to show us at that stage for us to upgrade so we didn't bother going to the curtain and bedding suppliers to see what they had for us to choose something different if we didn't like the stuff that was being supplied. You can just choose something else and pay the difference. We have also ordered our lampshades and light fittings from a shop in San Javier (Mar Menor).

TM don't make it known that you don't have to have the furniture package if you don't want it. They knock off approx 4500 euros if you don't take it, but it's a lot easier if you have it all put in for you ready for when you get there. We won't have any living room furniture until we go to live there permanently.

We went to the fiesta there last September - it was great. We met the lady who gives spanish lessons in the village so we intend to start taking those as soon as we get there.

It would be great to meet up with you. Perhaps you could let us know when you are going out there to get your keys and if it's the same time as us we could arrange to see you there.

We went to Scotland for the first time in 2004 - Glasgow and Edinburgh. Loved it. The people were really friendly and helpful. We loved the shops in Glasgow. Much better than Birmingham where we come from.

TM seem to have a very good reputation. We visited other developments and chatted to people and no-one had a bad word to say about them.

Gill
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

bartlett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moblies
Hi Michele

We completed on our house back in March 2005 and the finish was excellent compared to th finish you get over here in the UK.

No major problems at all infact they are so geared upto selling to foreign buyers its easier than buying in the UK.

The village is very quiet but picking up a little with the number of new apartments / houses etc which can only be a good thing for the long term.

We are on the main road into the village (Avda Almoradi). Very friendly locals and there is also an English Family who do property management NTS Group (Nick) in the village who covers key holding to renting - if you need any info I'll send you his details.

Best of luck

Regards

clinton
dear clinton

I am a new member and noticed this message on Daya Nueva

We have bought a up-stairs Duplex apartment in the Luna Mar phase II complex due to be finised in June 07 and would like to have any info we can get on rentals from this village ?

You mention an English guy called Nick in the NTS group who does key holding - renting etc ----- can you give me some contact details please ?

Thanks very much

Mike & June
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bartlett
dear clinton

I am a new member and noticed this message on Daya Nueva

We have bought a up-stairs Duplex apartment in the Luna Mar phase II complex due to be finised in June 07 and would like to have any info we can get on rentals from this village ?

You mention an English guy called Nick in the NTS group who does key holding - renting etc ----- can you give me some contact details please ?

Thanks very much

Mike & June
Re read the date of this thread ;-) its a year old.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by jdr
Re read the date of this thread ;-) its a year old.

Ok its a year old ----- can some one still give me details on the subject of Daya Nueva --- KEY HOLDING & RENTAL AGENTS ???/
Old Jan 14th 2007, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Dear all

We are interested in Daya Nueva -- Costa Blanca

Can I re-start this previous thread and ask for details of the village and contacts for key holding & agent for renting etc

We are new to the village or will be in June 07

Thanks

Barts
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Very interested in the village of Daya Nueva , anyone know anything about it, whats it like, renting potential etc?
Would like to ask the same as this guy did 12 months ago please

My name is barts
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bartlett
Would like to ask the same as this guy did 12 months ago please

My name is barts
Barts, I think the only one from this thread who recently was on site is Gill, if you click on her name you can send a private message to her, but she will only get it if she logs on, so you may have to wait.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=teddybear;3125627]
Hi Michele

Thats great news we have been really nervous about buying but I fell in love completely with the building and was really impressed with the selling process and its good to hear that there are up and coming happenings in the town. How often do you visit your property - we are flying over at the beginning of April to go to Alicante for our NIE number. We come from Glasgow what about yourself. We have purchased a south facing apartment bottom floor which faces onto the road.

Michele
hi just been back on expats site and notice you live in daya neuva we moved here about 8 weeks ago from almoradi and have found everyone to be really friendly and helpfull we have only met one scottish person in the village and being scottish ourselves it would be nice to meet a few more
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

[QUOTE=scot chick;4283895]
Originally Posted by teddybear
hi just been back on expats site and notice you live in daya neuva we moved here about 8 weeks ago from almoradi and have found everyone to be really friendly and helpfull we have only met one scottish person in the village and being scottish ourselves it would be nice to meet a few more
Scott Chick, ..have PM`d you.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:25 am
Just Joined

teddybear is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=scot chick;4283895]
Originally Posted by teddybear
Hi don't know if its of any interest to you but I am from Glasgow and have recently purchased in the next village to you - Daya Vieja
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:53 am
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point

hi yes that would be great do you live here permenant or just as holiday home ? my husband and i are here permanent
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

gillym is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is quite an old thread, but perhaps somebody can give me information.
I have just vreturned from Spain and spent a couple of days looking around Daya Nueva. There is quite a bit of building going on there but I quite liked the area.
I did like the area on the outskirts known as La Bodega. Anybody can tell me anything about that area of Daya Nueva please.
I am looking to buy an apartment in Daya Nueva, taking advantage of the property sales not going to well at present, so will be looking for a bargain only, as I have already sorted out the cash to buy.
Next question is, any owners looking to sell reading this.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We have a 3 bed Townhouse on Avda Almoradi, Near to where the new apartments are going up.

Once they've finished it should return back to normal, We have had the house just about two years and found the area very quiet even in the summer months. Good access to a choice of beaches and the Locals are very friendly despite the growing number of foreigners.

The Spanish lady opposite is always bringing us Food and often invites us in for a drink despite not speaking English and our poor Spanish.
Even having ours and our neighbours pictures on her sideboard.

I beleive there are still a few 2 bed houses in our block unsold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.