Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by Ricardo y Renee
Hi Christine
Oh...........totally the other end of town than I was thinking eh?
So, as you leave for Daya Vieja, there is a co operative warehouse on right and road on left that goes to Dolores.
Can't think of anything down there.
I have emailed some residents in our road to see if they know ( always good to try different venues :-)
Are you in our street, Antonio Soriano Bri?
We may have seen each other in the town over the Feria then, where do you go to have a drink/eat?
We normally start at La Parrala in the square for a cheap meal, then YoYo's for Menu del dia , and Imanyo if I fancy a Guiness !
Cheers Ricardo
Hi again

I think this person must have got it wrong. Our house is in Norguaga which is the start of the village the other side, i dont know your street, whereabouts is that. We like eating in La Parrala, which is going up for sale, great place, especially now they have an english menu. Only went to YoYos once for an evening meal, but didnt know they did Menu del dia, must try that next time.
Like Imanyos,
Christine
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

gaynormurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephendutchman
my wife has been in d n today we have just begun looking for a property this weekend . we want to retire to costa blanca maybe in acouple of years ,i,m 49years of age ,and would be looking to carry on working ,my wife part time .is thier work available in general ?
Hi there! It depends on what sort of work you require! It would help very much if you can speak Spanish, the wages in Spain are not as high as in England, if you are relying on work to live, I would make sure you get a job before you consider moving. Daya Nueva is a really lovely village with a strong community spirit, but not a lot of work for us Brits! Probably plenty of temp. bar work, kitchen help but usually seasonal! Good luck for the future! We are retiring to DN as soon as our house here is sold, so we wish you all the best!
gaynor & Gordon
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future

my wife has been in d n today we have just begun looking for a property this weekend . we want to retire to costa blanca maybe in acouple of years ,i,m 49years of age ,and would be looking to carry on working ,my wife part time .is thier work available in general ?
Hi Stephendutchman

Whats made you decide on the Costa Blanca?

Karmen
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Ricardo y Renee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christine
How about that, we have had a house in the street off the left hand side of the town hall ( as you look from front) for about 4 years and never heard of your area, is that on the Almoradi Rd, the Dolores rd, the Daya vieja Rd or the one near La Requena?
YoYo was the first place we went to eat, in fact the agent who sold us the house took us there for MDD, it was Euros 5 then, it's gone up to 8 now, but still very good value for money.
It is mainly local workers, however you see a incomers nowadays.
Ricardo
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

stephendutchman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Karmen
Hi Stephendutchman

Whats made you decide on the Costa Blanca?

Karmen
my wife is leading the way on this one , she retires in 3 years . plus we now a few people along the coast .i'd prefer to be inland away from the main tourist areas .i shall wait for her full report on arrival later today.knowing her .probally be in residence by next week .lol
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future

my wife is leading the way on this one , she retires in 3 years . plus we now a few people along the coast .i'd prefer to be inland away from the main tourist areas .i shall wait for her full report on arrival later today.knowing her .probally be in residence by next week .lol
Well and early welcome to Spain, I hope youre both truly happy here:

If you ever fancy a day inland take a look around Huescar, depends what your looking for out of life, i wanted relaxation, countryside, forests, lakes, genuine rural people, fiesta's with the Spanish, the coast really isn't for me but i sincerely hope it works for you.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. If you want to know a comical insight on how we arrived here in a CAVE contact me privately and i will send you private email, it had em laughing in Canada!

Take care & more importantly ENJOY
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ricardo y Renee
Hi Christine
How about that, we have had a house in the street off the left hand side of the town hall ( as you look from front) for about 4 years and never heard of your area, is that on the Almoradi Rd, the Dolores rd, the Daya vieja Rd or the one near La Requena?
YoYo was the first place we went to eat, in fact the agent who sold us the house took us there for MDD, it was Euros 5 then, it's gone up to 8 now, but still very good value for money.
It is mainly local workers, however you see a incomers nowadays.
Ricardo
Hi again, our street was finished last September, if you came out of the town hall, turn left and its past the childrens parks, theres some gardens and some wasteland, its that street. Was you there for the festival a few weeks ago, it the street where they had the 'bull' fights. We go to Dolores and Almoradi from there, past the garden centre, towards the garage. Not sure if thats the quickest way but its easier for us. Hope ive explained it properly, cheers
Christine
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

any one tell me ,is their a bus service from dn to torre and the coastal towns ?.also regarding spanish solicitors ,when you have employed them to act on your behalf ,to purchase a property .after the completion .do you have to pay them a annual retainer fee ?for the life time of you owning the property ?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Ricardo y Renee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christine
I know exactly where you are now
What do you think is going to happen to that bit of wasteland?
Be nice to think it would be a park, but that's stretching it a bit I bet !
Ricardo
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again Ricardo,

Im glad you know where Norguega is now, im not very good at explaining wheres where, ive got no sense of direction. I drive over here but dreading having to do it in spain when we move there. I expect it will be like everything else though, you get used to things.

Dont know what they'll do with the wasteland, at the moment its used for a dog toilet, uh. There was talk of putting a medical centre there but it was decided it was too small. Like you say it would be nice to have it into a park with some benches etc. It would certainly be better than looking out at dogs doing their business.

Do you get to Spain very much and are you planning on moving there permently. Do you have a family that might have to go to school or what.
Sorry am i being too nosy. Im not usually, but its nice to hear of peoples reasons for moving to Daya Nueva.

Bye for now Chris
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

any one tell me ,is their a bus service from dn to torre and the coastal towns ?.also regarding spanish solicitors ,when you have employed them to act on your behalf ,to purchase a property .after the completion .do you have to pay them a annual retainer fee ?for the life time of you owning the property ?
Hi Stephen, at the moment there's no buses, although there's bus stops. Aparently they are building a bus terminal at Almoradi which will have buses to DN but not sure if this is just another rumour and not sure if they will go to torre and the coast. We usually hire a car but also have used a guy who is a good taxi service and not expensive (he only charges 30 euros to Alicante airport and 35 to Murcia airport, cos of the tolls) As we havnt moved there yet we pay a solicitor yearly as they have power of attorney. There's supposed to be a good solicitor in Almoradi that charges a set fee (i think 100 euros each per year to deal with everything) We will use her when we move there but are quite happy with the one we have in Torrevieja which we have been with almost 4 years. Hope this helps, regards Christine
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jacksons
Hi Stephen, at the moment there's no buses, although there's bus stops. Aparently they are building a bus terminal at Almoradi which will have buses to DN but not sure if this is just another rumour and not sure if they will go to torre and the coast. We usually hire a car but also have used a guy who is a good taxi service and not expensive (he only charges 30 euros to Alicante airport and 35 to Murcia airport, cos of the tolls) As we havnt moved there yet we pay a solicitor yearly as they have power of attorney. There's supposed to be a good solicitor in Almoradi that charges a set fee (i think 100 euros each per year to deal with everything) We will use her when we move there but are quite happy with the one we have in Torrevieja which we have been with almost 4 years. Hope this helps, regards Christine
thanks for the info . we are out again next weekend so i will have a good look around . thanks steve
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve, your welcome for the info, did your wife have any luck with finding a property she liked. I hope she did cos we think Daya Nueva is a nice little place, everyone seems friendly. Like you we are moving there (hopefully in 16 months, and counting) We're going to take early retirement but like you may see if we can find odd jobs. I wish you luck with that. Have you been there yourself or just your wife. If so, did you like it. There's certainly lots of houses up for sale.
bye for now, Chjristine
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jacksons
Hi Steve, your welcome for the info, did your wife have any luck with finding a property she liked. I hope she did cos we think Daya Nueva is a nice little place, everyone seems friendly. Like you we are moving there (hopefully in 16 months, and counting) We're going to take early retirement but like you may see if we can find odd jobs. I wish you luck with that. Have you been there yourself or just your wife. If so, did you like it. There's certainly lots of houses up for sale.
bye for now, Chjristine
my wife came back tuesday after a long weekend ,her friend has a holiday appartment in torre ,we were thier july 2006 for a quick break .my wife seems set on a place in dn ,its our wedding anniversary next weekend ,so its buisness and pleasure ,early days but i think we are on the move ! adios wigan hola daya nueva
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

gaynormurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody! Does anyone know of the nearest internet cafe to Daya Nueva? We are flying out on 31st oct just for a few days and need internet access, thanks in advance for any info!
Regards
Gaynor and Gordon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.