Reload this Page >

Day care center for ages 0-3 in Barcelona

Day care center for ages 0-3 in Barcelona

Old May 19th 2013, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

SandrasNursery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Day care center for ages 0-3 in Barcelona

Dear all,

I would kindly like to ask you for some advice.

Past 10 years I spent living in London where I also got my university degree and worked for a large American company. Last year I decided to relocate to Barcelona and am thinking of opening a day care nursery for children up to 3 years old. This has always been my dream as I love children and find working with them extremely rewarding. Also, I find that there is potential for this type of service among the expat community in Barcelona.

I am thinking of setting up this establishment in my own home and taking up to 5 children to start with. I already have 2 families interested. Later on I'd like to work with another person and potentially increase the amount of children to up to 10. I especially enjoy working with babies and very young children up to 3 years of age and have found that there are almost no day care centers available in Barcelona with English as the main language.

I know it is possible to set up this type of nursery in the UK relatively easily but am not yet aware of the process here in Spain. Is there any advice you'd be able to give me? Do I start finding out information at the local council? I have used the Internet to search for similar threads but most people have asked about opening a kindergarten, not a day care center in their homes - and I guess the procedure would be somewhat different.

Also I would be grateful to hear your thoughts on whether you think there will be demand for this type of service. So far from my research I have gathered that yes but would be interested in hearing your opinions.

I am grateful for any input in advance.

With regards,

Sandra
Old May 19th 2013, 6:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day care center for ages 0-3 in Barcelona

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

I do not know what legislation is involved but I presume that you will have to fullfil the same safety standards in your home as a kindergarden. My advice would be to gain this sort of important information from a legal person not a forum. The local authority will no doubt insist on you being licenced. Surely you will also need to have the necessary qualifications to do this.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 19th 2013, 6:57 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day care center for ages 0-3 in Barcelona

Originally Posted by SandrasNursery
Dear all,

I would kindly like to ask you for some advice.

Past 10 years I spent living in London where I also got my university degree and worked for a large American company. Last year I decided to relocate to Barcelona and am thinking of opening a day care nursery for children up to 3 years old. This has always been my dream as I love children and find working with them extremely rewarding. Also, I find that there is potential for this type of service among the expat community in Barcelona.

I am thinking of setting up this establishment in my own home and taking up to 5 children to start with. I already have 2 families interested. Later on I'd like to work with another person and potentially increase the amount of children to up to 10. I especially enjoy working with babies and very young children up to 3 years of age and have found that there are almost no day care centers available in Barcelona with English as the main language.

I know it is possible to set up this type of nursery in the UK relatively easily but am not yet aware of the process here in Spain. Is there any advice you'd be able to give me? Do I start finding out information at the local council? I have used the Internet to search for similar threads but most people have asked about opening a kindergarten, not a day care center in their homes - and I guess the procedure would be somewhat different.

Also I would be grateful to hear your thoughts on whether you think there will be demand for this type of service. So far from my research I have gathered that yes but would be interested in hearing your opinions.

I am grateful for any input in advance.

With regards,

Sandra
Hello and welcome Sandra,

I donĀ“t know the answer to your question, and of course Barcelona might have different requirements as regards looking after children.

There are loads of people asking the same sort of questions on the net, here below is a forum where potential childminders are asking about rules and regs.

You could possible put you own questions on or just read and see if you can gather the information you need.

me me

http://foro.enfemenino.com/forum/mat...guarderia.html