British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Croxteth? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/croxteth-476868/)

sarahchirles Aug 25th 2007 10:14 pm

Croxteth?

What do you think?

Or is it that so many/ one of the reasons we are in Spain?

Answers on a postcard please. :confused:

silverchick Aug 25th 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Croxteth?

Originally Posted by sarahchirles (Post 5235192)
What do you think?

Or is it that so many reasons we are in Spain?

damn sure its one of the reasons we're leaving!

sarahchirles Aug 25th 2007 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5235201)
damn sure its one of the reasons we're leaving!

Its scary? I dunno! Gangs, Knives etc.

It seems out of control!

silverchick Aug 25th 2007 10:30 pm

H.G used to be a magistrate, and it used to sicken him at how their hands were tied as to how much of a sentence they could give to people because the law is so lenient towards some crimes.

Bigbhudda69 Aug 25th 2007 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5235239)
H.G used to be a magistrate, and it used to sicken him at how their hands were tied as to how much of a sentence they could give to people because the law is so lenient towards some crimes.

Blimey..ole HG has done a bit in his tender years, any chance of getting him to be the forum beak..he could hand down sentences to all the forum wrong doers. :thumbup:
We need to step back in time a bit when a copper would kick you up the butt if you stepped out of line to much and then take you home to your parents and you would get a double bollocking as well..it was about respect.

silverchick Aug 26th 2007 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69 (Post 5235259)
Blimey..ole HG has done a bit in his tender years, any chance of getting him to be the forum beak..he could hand down sentences to all the forum wrong doers. :thumbup:
We need to step back in time a bit when a copper would kick you up the butt if you stepped out of line to much and then take you home to your parents and you would get a double bollocking as well..it was about respect.

I know he's a real busybody!! I don't know how hefitsit all in... oh! Yes I do.....he neglects me!!!

Kids just aren't afraid of the police anymore, the majority of them have no respect for any figure of authority, teachers, police, their elders, but to be onest, I think the fact that they don't respect the police is its only too obvious to them that they are ineffectual and will only get 'warned' for their misdemeanors!

Bigbhudda69 Aug 29th 2007 9:42 am

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5238473)
I know he's a real busybody!! I don't know how hefitsit all in... oh! Yes I do.....he neglects me!!!

Kids just aren't afraid of the police anymore, the majority of them have no respect for any figure of authority, teachers, police, their elders, but to be onest, I think the fact that they don't respect the police is its only too obvious to them that they are ineffectual and will only get 'warned' for their misdemeanors!

Very true, it appears real criminals only get warned nowadays, what message does that send out to kids on the edge...:mad:

TELLYADDICT1 Aug 29th 2007 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by sarahchirles (Post 5235192)
What do you think?

Or is it that so many/ one of the reasons we are in Spain?

Absolutely heartbreaking. Must be dreadful to be a parent these days.
TA

mikelincs Aug 29th 2007 5:57 pm

and, of course today, we have three men killed, two women injured and a young child left uninjured in deliberate targeted shooting in Herts.

Lionda Aug 29th 2007 6:11 pm

My daughter has just been reading some horror stories out to me from a British paper and it is frightening to hear what is taking place in the country :ohmy:

Miss Naughty Aug 29th 2007 9:47 pm

Sad stories of late regarding gun crime in what is meant to be GREAT britian.

And i am sorry to say i still live here :(

Every day i am waking up to more horror story's and more and more gun crime.

elfman Aug 30th 2007 1:56 am

This isn't going to be popular, but according to this the murder with firearms rate in Spain is more than twice as high as it is in Britain:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...rms-per-capita

This article should also put things in perspective:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2324223.ece

Cape Blue Aug 30th 2007 5:42 am

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 5251383)
This isn't going to be popular, but according to this the murder with firearms rate in Spain is more than twice as high as it is in Britain:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...rms-per-capita

This article should also put things in perspective:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2324223.ece

dear elfman, please will you stop responding to posts with these fact thingy's - whilst the stats may be entirely contrary, we all know that the UK is going to the dogs, going down the pan, no longer Great - these stats must be lies fed to us by Tony Bliar - I know because the Daily Mail told me.

Stealth taxes, ferral kids, peado immigrant hoards, free cars for foreigners, government cash for Polish taxi drivers, bring back capital and corporal punishment I say! We need a good sharp shock treatment, bring back military service, don't know how good they have it. Feckless single mother scroungers. We move to work and support ourselves, they (EU citizens, asylum seekers, basically any foreigner) come over to the UK to scrounge of our NHS, which is in crisis, and take money from hard working families.

Thought this might cut short the usual reactionary drivel - did I miss anything?

Miss Naughty Aug 30th 2007 9:40 am

Also sarcasm is the lowest form of wit to some.

Miss Naughty Aug 30th 2007 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 5251796)
dear elfman, please will you stop responding to posts with these fact thingy's - whilst the stats may be entirely contrary, we all know that the UK is going to the dogs, going down the pan, no longer Great - these stats must be lies fed to us by Tony Bliar - I know because the Daily Mail told me.

Stealth taxes, ferral kids, peado immigrant hoards, free cars for foreigners, government cash for Polish taxi drivers, bring back capital and corporal punishment I say! We need a good sharp shock treatment, bring back military service, don't know how good they have it. Feckless single mother scroungers. We move to work and support ourselves, they (EU citizens, asylum seekers, basically any foreigner) come over to the UK to scrounge of our NHS, which is in crisis, and take money from hard working families.

Thought this might cut short the usual reactionary drivel - did I miss anything?

99.9% of stats are incorrect (fact). i hardly doubt the national news is incorrect on the gun crime and ppl being murdered are unfounded or have i woke up and just dreamt that a lot of people have been gunned down lately.
Also i dont recall anyone on this subject talking about pervs, illegal people entering the country or scrounges, so your point is?