Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The crisis in Spain – sorted!

The crisis in Spain – sorted!

Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:16 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The crisis in Spain – sorted!

So the financial problems the markets foresee and the disastrous (for the POSE) election results in Cataluña behind them, The Spanish government now turns its hand to the more important day-to-day matters.
Read about it here.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The crisis in Spain – sorted!

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
So the financial problems the markets foresee and the disastrous (for the POSE) election results in Cataluña behind them, The Spanish government now turns its hand to the more important day-to-day matters.
Read about it here.
Why do you have to be so sarcastic?

You really think the government drew this up over the weekend?

Anyway, I'm sure this was probably drawn up by the local governments and then they just had to seek approval centrally
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
Why do you have to be so sarcastic? You really think the government drew this up over the weekend? Anyway, I'm sure this was probably drawn up by the local governments and then they just had to seek approval centrally

There is nothing sarcastic in his post.

You dont even have the right to vote in the general elections in Spain so what is your problem?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
There is nothing sarcastic in his post.

You dont even have the right to vote in the general elections in Spain so what is your problem?
The whole article is "look how silly Spain is". This is by the same journalist who completely made up a story about Iker Casillas and Sara Carbonaro during the World Cup by saying there was a scandel in Spain and it had not even been mentioned in the Spanish press!

Journalistic standards in the UK are very low
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

It's about chewing gum being too sticky for the street cleaners. Perhaps the Govt, rather than taking the sticky stuff out (no doubt trashing the flavour) should add a 'canon' to the price, money to the street sweepers. Otherwise, it might fall off the bedpost.
Similarly, put an extra few pence on the paint-can squirty so that the town halls can scrub the graffiti away, heh heh.

Talking of which:

The Calamar Song
(Apologies to Lonnie Donnegan)

Does your calamar lose its flavour on your denture overnight?
Does your partner say don’t chew it do you whimper back ‘I might,
If the ruddy thing weren’t frozen I would cough it out in spite’.
Does your calamar lose its flavour on your denture overnight?

Does your migas taste like porridge when it’s sticking to your gums?
Do you try to use a finger - but find that you’re all thumbs?
This Spanish plat de jour tastes a lot like baker’s crumbs!
Does your migas taste like porridge when it’s sticking to your gums?

Go on then, one more!

Do your molars go all lumpy when the tapas plates are laid?
Snails and squid and tuna bits, d’they make you feel afraid?
Get a round of drinks aboard and hope that someone paid –
Do your molars go all lumpy when the tapas plates are laid?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

The whole article is "look how silly Spain is". This is by the same journalist who completely made up a story about Iker Casillas and Sara Carbonaro during the World Cup by saying there was a scandel in Spain and it had not even been mentioned in the Spanish press!

Journalistic standards in the UK are very low
Some journalistic standards in the UK are very low. Not all.
Some journalistic standards everywhere are very low. Not all.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:37 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have to be so sarcastic?

You really think the government drew this up over the weekend?

Anyway, I'm sure this was probably drawn up by the local governments and then they just had to seek approval centrally

Nope* I think that this government thought long and hard about this. Well at least 3 mins, then the banking crisis hit us. The plan had to stop.
I now feel that they will tackle graffiti, they will tackle illegal homes, will tackle a lot more things.
But maybe they will go about it the wrong way. Like adding vinyl acetate.
So after reading that, smoking does not seem so bad for ones health after all.

* I never wrote this article I only posted it.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Nope* I think that this government thought long and hard about this. Well at least 3 mins, then the banking crisis hit us. The plan had to stop.
I now feel that they will tackle graffiti, they will tackle illegal homes, will tackle a lot more things.
But maybe they will go about it the wrong way. Like adding vinyl acetate.
So after reading that, smoking does not seem so bad for ones health after all.

* I never wrote this article I only posted it.
Chewing gum, like other non-sugar foodstuffs at the moment contains orbitol which is a potent carcinogen, but at the quantites you consume with chewing gum doesnt cause you any harm (so the food standards agencies say).

Vinyl acetate must be the same as you can't sell anything that hasnt gone through the food safety checks.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:24 am

Maybe it is safe maybe not, all I hear is Zapatero fiddling whilst the capital is burning.