Crime in Spain

Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Goodfella is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Crime in Spain

Hi
I am in the process of looking at properties in Spain to move my family out there for what I hoped would be a better life for my children as I dont really like the way things are going in the UK recently and have been reassured by various people who have holiday homes there that its a nice safe place to bring children up, but recently I have been reading postings on other websites from expats who are condemning places such as Torrevieja, Denia, Javea etc as well as the costa del sol due to alarming raises in crime rates being blamed mainly on refugees as well as others who are entering Spain in large numbers and was wondering if anyone living on the costa blanca or costa del sol could please give me any more information that might help us make our decision. Street robberies and burglaries have been named mainly. I have a business in Madrid which I was going to move down to the coast when I moved over there and my staff in Madrid reckon its a pretty safe place to live as far as cities go but they dont really know much about the coast.
Thanks for any help.
GF
Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi i have been in Benalmedena peublo for about a year now,who said costa del crime,, i have lived in a few countries now, but they are all similar.
Wealth and poverty, will always cause problems, if everyone had equal, would it be an ideal world no one will know ?
I think wherever you live, as long as you behave yourself you will be alright.
I mean if you walk round a rough area, with gold and cameras etc hanging round your neck, surely your inviting trouble.If you wanna show off gold go to Porto Banus, and still be robbed but by high prices.
All i can say is most of the people, Spanish, British, and most of the other nationalities i have met, have been puka, otherwise i would have moved away by now.
I think the only problems in Spain are the tourists but bless em we need em.
I am sure wherever you decide to live in Spain you will be OK.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Goodfella is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I appreciate your reply and I totally agree with what you are saying. Any other replys greatly appreciated.
GF.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

XXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant future

Hello

Crime is increasing in Spain and much of it is blamed on imigrants etc but I think crime is still lower in Spain than the UK

For details of all the local crime on the Costa Blanca read the Costa Blanca News - www.costablanca-news.com/

Large housing estates with properties empty for much of the year will attract criminals as will tourist areas the whole world over

I have a flat in Guardamar near Torrevieja and in the time we have been purchasing it - approx 2 years - we were robbed of a bag on the beach at Torrevieja by a sneak thief ( our fault for not being careful ) but managed to retrieve it after a chase - workmen on the appartment complex have had things stolen - but again they will leave the main door wide open ! Set this against 3 attempted house break-ins and car vandalised twice in the UK

Walk around Guardamar late at night and you will see older people / families etc and you do not feel as threatened as in the UK when on a Friday or Saturday night you only meet rowdy youths ( suggest though you do not walk around certain seedy areas of Alicante late at night )

Have enjoyed our experience in Spain and suggest if you settle in Spain pick a medium sized community where most of the residents are Spanish

Regards Peter
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:34 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crime?

Well I live in Peralta (Navarra) and I have never seen crime around here but there is something I must confess, there is so many people from Ecuador here, we are over the 35 % of immigration, spaniards are starting to lose their jobs because Ecuadorians do the work for cheaper, People talk so much shit about the immigrants, It is a little town.. you know what happent in little towns. We used to be 4000 people here and there is over 6000 now. People are trying so hard to get along.. but its difficult especially when people dont have their jobs anymore.
Spaniards migrated to South America long time ago, we are just getting what we did back, so people shouldnt complain that much about having immigrants in our country now.
Regarding the costa blanca subject I have nothing to say but I LOVE THAT PLACE FOR VACATION.. crime is everywhere you go.