Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

crimbo pressies for teachers

crimbo pressies for teachers

Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default crimbo pressies for teachers

We're making lemon curd tonight

we started doing it a few years ago & gave it to the teachers for crimbo pressies - they loved it!

it's a bit of a tradition now

I have been wondering though - around here the spanish kids don't give gifts to the teachers as much as the 'foreign' kids do

what about in areas with less Brits - do the teachers miss out at Christmas?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: crimbo pressies for teachers

Originally Posted by lynnxa
We're making lemon curd tonight

we started doing it a few years ago & gave it to the teachers for crimbo pressies - they loved it!

it's a bit of a tradition now

I have been wondering though - around here the spanish kids don't give gifts to the teachers as much as the 'foreign' kids do

what about in areas with less Brits - do the teachers miss out at Christmas?
Nooooooooo They do not. The Spanish mums come round jangling a pot not only at Christmas but the end of the summer term too, and at any other opportunity, seeking not the typical UK 50p, £1, £2 if you're feeling generous, but 5 or 10Euros per family and what do they get? Christmas - three guesses. A jamon, box with goodies etc! When Carlitos Rubio's teacher finished her 3 year stint getting them through pre-escolar, she got a silver inscribed thingy plus a watch plus...... Dutch friends looked aghast too, wasn't just me!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Nooooooooo They do not. The Spanish mums come round jangling a pot not only at Christmas but the end of the summer term too, and at any other opportunity, seeking not the typical UK 50p, £1, £2 if you're feeling generous, but 5 or 10Euros per family and what do they get? Christmas - three guesses. A jamon, box with goodies etc! When Carlitos Rubio's teacher finished her 3 year stint getting them through pre-escolar, she got a silver inscribed thingy plus a watch plus...... Dutch friends looked aghast too, wasn't just me!
hasn't quite got the 'personal touch' though has it
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

hasn't quite got the 'personal touch' though has it
No, and I've never seen anyone do anything more personal than take in flowers - and even they tend to be almost competitively presented, ribboned etc. Hands up I haven't tried anything different, I think they call it laziness

(having said that I was planning to make some Xmas nibbly bits for my own Spanish teacher!!)
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:26 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

No, and I've never seen anyone do anything more personal than take in flowers - and even they tend to be almost competitively presented, ribboned etc. Hands up I haven't tried anything different, I think they call it laziness

(having said that I was planning to make some Xmas nibbly bits for my own Spanish teacher!!)
I know it´s feable but OH took in some mince pies (home baked of course) for his students today, and they went down really well. Last year my Spanish class took our teacher flowers in a vase, which were lovely, and a gift box of wine, chocolates and various other goodies. She was so surprised and kept saying, ´Thank you but this is my job´ ahh, what a lovely lady she is.

JJ
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Live in the UK and this is not a tradition I subscribe to. Having boys too, I was barely aware of it til my eldest was leaving junior school, when he decided he wanted to buy a present for a teacher that he thought was brilliant. And not because it was something that everybody did.

It wasnt something that happened when I was at school. I just wonder why and when it started?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:15 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by montgomail
Live in the UK and this is not a tradition I subscribe to. Having boys too, I was barely aware of it til my eldest was leaving junior school, when he decided he wanted to buy a present for a teacher that he thought was brilliant. And not because it was something that everybody did.

It wasnt something that happened when I was at school. I just wonder why and when it started?
you have a point - I don't remember doing it either when I was at school
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

you have a point - I don't remember doing it either when I was at school
And girls buy pressies for all their friends too, don't they?

I've saved a small fortune by having two sons.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:23 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

And girls buy pressies for all their friends too, don't they?

I've saved a small fortune by having two sons.
tell me about it

we've got away lightly this year

dd1 & 3 friends agreed to a max of 5 euros each - & only bought between the 4 of them

and they didn't do cards this year either
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tell me about it

we've got away lightly this year

dd1 & 3 friends agreed to a max of 5 euros each - & only bought between the 4 of them

and they didn't do cards this year either
Which reminds me!
It is so tempting to not bother ..
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Mincepies!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Mincepies!
Just got home after vino dulce, mosto, anisette, jamon, polverones etc etc provided BY the teacher at our Spanish group - courtesy Ayuntamiento!

(off topic, flak jacket on, Lynn do all school reports follow the same coding system nationally? Or should I post a thread to try to get help deciphering? I didn't realise he'd be bringing a report home, & haven't the foggiest about grading in primaria. Doh! )
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Mincepies!
Mincemeat ingredients thoroughly mixed (barring alcohol) and sitting in a cool place ready to be cooked on the morrow.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mincemeat ingredients thoroughly mixed (barring alcohol) and sitting in a cool place ready to be cooked on the morrow.

I just love that expression!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just love that expression!
I am just an old fashioned gal ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.