Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

cream and sour cream

cream and sour cream

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default cream and sour cream

hello to all

long time no see,

just a quick question thats baffling me- i cant seem to be able to buy fresh cream (not that uht crap) in the supermarket????????
here they only sell it, already whipped, in the ice cream shop and it costs a bomb!

also, cant seem to see sour cream either? what is it called here i know i should know being spanish and all that

thanks!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cream and sour cream

oh and also- garlic bread?!!?!?!? does it not exist here?
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by featherbum
oh and also- garlic bread?!!?!?!? does it not exist here?
xx
Garlic Bread? you are joking..... Get some Bread some Garlic and some Butter or Olive oil (personal taste thing) And get cooking. Crush the garlic into a Paste mixed with a little Olive oil I like gently smeared on the bread and Browned off in the Oven is good.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Garlic Bread? you are joking..... Get some Bread some Garlic and some Butter or Olive oil (personal taste thing) And get cooking. Crush the garlic into a Paste mixed with a little Olive oil I like gently smeared on the bread and Browned off in the Oven is good.
And a bit of cheese on top. ummmm
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:37 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
And a bit of cheese on top. ummmm
Now your talking, Parmesan Cheese on Roast tatties is good as well.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:31 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

hello to all

long time no see,

just a quick question thats baffling me- i cant seem to be able to buy fresh cream (not that uht crap) in the supermarket????????
here they only sell it, already whipped, in the ice cream shop and it costs a bomb!

also, cant seem to see sour cream either? what is it called here i know i should know being spanish and all that

thanks!!!!
Lidle is the answer to all your questions. How's life treating you and mr feathbum, well I hope.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Lidle is the answer to all your questions. How's life treating you and mr feathbum, well I hope.
Never seen fresh cream in Lidl, and what's the answer to what sour cream's called, I'd like to know too
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

no idea about sour cream

Mercadona sell pots of fresh cream - pricey though, and I'm pretty sure I've seen 'fresh' frozen cream in the freezer with the ice cream
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
i know i know, i always do it like that, i was just being lazy
and wondering why it doesnt exist here! i asked for some in the italian restaurant and they were like
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks! but i dont think we have lidle, nor mercadona round here we have eroski tho!

i am just really confused as why
a- its so hard to get
b- when you do it costs so much!
in the uk it was like 50p for quite a big pot...
my husband reckons its to do with the weather?

oh and yeah i have seen that weird frozen whipped cream surely thats not fresh?
plus i wanted to buy the liquid one to make carbonara etc....

sorry, am i ranting over a pot of cream

ps- anyone knows what sour cream is called?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry i was ranting so much over the cream i forgot to answer the second question

life is good thanks, coooold but good! (its been raining so much the mountain across the road fell off yesterday!)
We are both teachers now, working for 2 academias! Mr FB is quite settled now, i am still working on it, the irony lol! We really cant complain!!!
Also just rented our house in the UK, which was hard work! and managed to sell the last car too... so everything is coming together really!
thanks for asking and how are you?
xxx
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! but i dont think we have lidle, nor mercadona round here we have eroski tho!

i am just really confused as why
a- its so hard to get
b- when you do it costs so much!
in the uk it was like 50p for quite a big pot...
my husband reckons its to do with the weather?

oh and yeah i have seen that weird frozen whipped cream surely thats not fresh?
plus i wanted to buy the liquid one to make carbonara etc....

sorry, am i ranting over a pot of cream

ps- anyone knows what sour cream is called?
For that you'll definitely get the right results from one of the small Lidl cartons!
(mind you there are two sorts so make sure you get the runnier, can't remember their respective names in Spanish, sorry
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:56 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Eroski sell loads of cream. They usually display in close to the margarine. Presedent do two kinds, both labled as nata para cocina culinaria. One is ligera (green label) and a thicker one (blue label). Both are excellent for cooking. I make my own sour cream by adding lemon juice to thick cream and whipping. Saw this tip on the TV.

Last edited by jjh; Dec 3rd 2008 at 11:58 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjh
Eroski sell loads of cream. They usually display in close to the margarine. Presedent do two kinds, both labled as nata para cocina culinaria. One is ligera (green label) and a thicker one (blue label). Both are excellent for cooking. I make my own sour cream by adding lemon juice to thick cream and whipping. Saw this tip on the TV.
ooh this sounds interesting, so could you please explain
1- how much lemon juice do you put, per how much cream? (this sentence is sounding strange to me, hope it makes sense)
2- do you have to whip the mixture after?

as for the carbonara thing i meant i preferred it with fresh cream but i dont think its gonna happen. will look again in eroski.

has anyone tried that frozen stuff? any good?
i like putting whipped cream in my bizcocho!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What`s the matter with Carrefour nata ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.