British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   crazy thinking or not! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/crazy-thinking-not-531384/)

Emiric Apr 22nd 2008 7:24 pm

crazy thinking or not!

Hi All,
My first time on the Spanish page..need some advise and questions answering..Please..
I have a wife and two young children,wife is from South America so no probs with the langauge, myself getting there slowly..At present waiting for visa for Australia which should be in the next 4 months or so....Property is on this sorry market at the moment,have to wait to see what happens!!!!
Australia`s not that easy at the moment either..High interest rates etc etc..When visa is granted have 5 years to to sort myself out..once activated..
So was thinking of a stab at Spain for a spell,always loved spanish life.

Im a welder working in Poole in a well know luxury boat building company..
Would anyone have any idea`s of:
Job ? is there any for my trade?
How much would rent cost living in a small village away from the coast??
Which region would be most suitable?
Any info would be much appreciated..

Same Difference Apr 22nd 2008 7:38 pm

Re: crazy thinking or not!

Hi Emiric,

Cant help you with any of your queries, being a female and all.......... but just wanted to welcome you to the Spain forum :D

jjh Apr 22nd 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Emiric (Post 6249767)
Hi All,
My first time on the Spanish page..need some advise and questions answering..Please..
I have a wife and two young children,wife is from South America so no probs with the langauge, myself getting there slowly..At present waiting for visa for Australia which should be in the next 4 months or so....Property is on this sorry market at the moment,have to wait to see what happens!!!!
Australia`s not that easy at the moment either..High interest rates etc etc..When visa is granted have 5 years to to sort myself out..once activated..
So was thinking of a stab at Spain for a spell,always loved spanish life.

Im a welder working in Poole in a well know luxury boat building company..
Would anyone have any idea`s of:
Job ? is there any for my trade?
How much would rent cost living in a small village away from the coast??
Which region would be most suitable?
Any info would be much appreciated..

I know there's a luxury yacht building or finishing company in Majorca as someone I know used to work for them. Don't know the name though, sorry, but you could try Google

keddyboy Apr 23rd 2008 9:37 am

Big boat yard in Fuengirola, Costa del Sol on the Camino de Coin.

Pugsy Apr 23rd 2008 11:35 am

Alot of boats on the CDS, down to Gibraltar. Check out if Sunseeker has any vacancies in Spain.

Emiric Apr 23rd 2008 9:14 pm

thanks but they only have factories in Poole.

Emiric Apr 23rd 2008 9:16 pm

Thanks All for your responses..