Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Originally Posted by mikelincs
OK a new word I heard today.. and yes I do know what it means, but it does have different meanings as well.

GILLI

Almost but not quite. The spelling is "gili", short for "jilipollas" or "gilipollas". And how did you learn this word?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Isnt the age of consent in Spain lower than our 16 !!

Also the estate agent in my dream drove up to the house to let me in so must have been over the age

So i argue that 5 points for me is well earnt
Yes. She was lying, obviously. I wouldn't trust 90% of people in that "profession". Excellent logic.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69

Yes Gudes...well done..B is the correct answer..you are learning fast..don't forget Pepe is also a fast learner.......
Yes. We agree on that. My guess is that you are not 69... Good guess?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gudes
Almost but not quite. The spelling is "gili", short for "jilipollas" or "gilipollas". And how did you learn this word?
was talking to a book seller at outr local car boot, we were talking about the tourist arriving for Easter, and he told me the word, well he didn't remember it fully, but the dictionary sorted it out.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh decisions decisions! What do I do?

I don't think I would share this one with Pepe, he is old and it would do his blood pleasure no good what so ever!

I would take one for the boys and grin and bare it!