Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough
Default Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

This is question 4) of a series of tests to find out if your genes have any chances of being part of the already complicated Spanish gene pool.

We are advancing in our course and it's only logical that our problems become harder and harder. Today's problem is a tricky one, specially for men. If you are a woman just try to imagine how your husband or boyfriend would address today's problem:

4) You and your wife have been looking for a property to buy in Spain. One day you get a call on your cell phone from your real estate agency offering to show you a new property. They suggest that, please, you should come alone.
This time the agency has sent a lovely young lady. She is wearing a miniskirt and - as she shows you the house - she keeps flirting with you. You can feel the testosterone level rising. There is a folding bed in one of the rooms. She opens it up, sits down, unbuttons her shirt and invites you to sit down by her.

Question: What would you react?

a) - Since, by now, the testosterone has overtaken most of your brain, you take off your clothes and engage in unbridled sex for the rest of the afternoon. Later on, back home, you embarrass yourself with too many explanations about your long absence.

b) - You pretend you haven't heard or seen anything and ask her about any signs of "aluminosis" in the building's structure.

c) - You get offended, call her a name that rhymes with fat and leave the premises.

d) - You stay there dumbfounded for ten minutes until she gets tired.

e) - you call Pepe.

I'll give you the chance to post your answers before giving the correct one.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Crash Course in Spanish Culture - Lesson IV

Sorry: Question: How would you react?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:29 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Is this question for real??????

I´m not sure the stock answer of call Pepe is going to help here - I mean, where do I personally benefit from doing that? Not really into voyeurism.

Well, seeing as my missus is a hottie bit of totty I don´t think a slutty real estate agent would be quite up my street. I´d tell her where to go - C.

(Even if I get the answer wrong I should at least earn a few brownie points with the OH for that answer!!)
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I bet all the ones that used to call pepe change their minds today. lol
I have an unfair disadvantage as the missus reads the forum.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Definately B for me

then when that fails, A
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:45 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I think Michael would definitely think about "a" (he is a man, afterall ) but then after some very thoughtful consideration would wisely choose "b".....especially if he knew what was good for him!

"c" is silly really.....why would any man get offended?

"d" is a possibility, I suppose...for some....

"e" ...well no use calling Pepe.....he's probably busy with crispygirl at Ikea picking out kamas *l*

So my final answer is "b"....and I do not want to call a friend OR ask the audience

WAIT!!!!! Michael just walked into the room and read the test questions and said that it would be "c" or "d" .....although "a" would be given some serious thought *lmbo*

Just goes to show......ya never really know do you? *still laughing*

Last edited by MnM; Apr 3rd 2007 at 1:55 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnM
So my final answer is "b"....and I do not want to call a friend OR ask the audience

WAIT!!!!! Michael just walked into the room and read the test questions and said that it would be "c" or "d" .....although "a" would be given some serious thought *lmbo*

Just goes to show......ya never really know do you? *still laughing*
MnM. I'll take your first answer not Michael's. The important thing in this test is what do you thing he would do. The gut reaction is what counts. Besides you are currently on top of the class and I don't want to ruin your grades. Is there are a "smilie" to add after serious answers?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

I would pour cold water over you and tell you to stop dreaming!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunnysenorita
I would pour cold water over you and tell you to stop dreaming!
Oh! Oh! There goes my karma.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:21 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gudes
This is question 4) of a series of tests to find out if your genes have any chances of being part of the already complicated Spanish gene pool.

We are advancing in our course and it's only logical that our problems become harder and harder. Today's problem is a tricky one, specially for men. If you are a woman just try to imagine how your husband or boyfriend would address today's problem:

4) You and your wife have been looking for a property to buy in Spain. One day you get a call on your cell phone from your real estate agency offering to show you a new property. They suggest that, please, you should come alone.
This time the agency has sent a lovely young lady. She is wearing a miniskirt and - as she shows you the house - she keeps flirting with you. You can feel the testosterone level rising. There is a folding bed in one of the rooms. She opens it up, sits down, unbuttons her shirt and invites you to sit down by her.

Question: What would you react?

a) - Since, by now, the testosterone has overtaken most of your brain, you take off your clothes and engage in unbridled sex for the rest of the afternoon. Later on, back home, you embarrass yourself with too many explanations about your long absence.

b) - You pretend you haven't heard or seen anything and ask her about any signs of "aluminosis" in the building's structure.

c) - You get offended, call her a name that rhymes with fat and leave the premises.

d) - You stay there dumbfounded for ten minutes until she gets tired.

e) - you call Pepe.

I'll give you the chance to post your answers before giving the correct one.
Ok cant be e as the only pepe i know is my wifes jeans. cant be d i never let a girl tire on me.c not a chance dont believe in offending anyone about their appearance. Could be b as i would be intrested in the building stucture however her stucture would interest me as well i like to window shop and my wife knows this if fact she refers to me as nurofen neck. So we are falling on A but i have never cheated on anyone and would never do so with my wife as she is the reason i live and the mother of my children. So i would ask the lady to wait nip out to the car and phone my wife to she if she wanted to join us why not have a little fun that way pepe`s would come off as well.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

In such a monumentous decision as buying a house, where the wife's apporoval is key (and her disapproval might result in years of bitching) why on earth would ANYONE ever think of going to see houses without the Mrs.? Especially if the realtor suggests so...it would seem especially 'fishy' to me.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

I'd call Pepe... and suggest he goes along in my place. After all, you did say it was a case of you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, and he's already been so helpful.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:50 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=MnM;4596816]
"e" ...well no use calling Pepe.....he's probably busy with crispygirl at Ikea picking out kamas *l*

You know me so well, I'm off to Ikea to-morrow looking for bedding but with OH not Pepe, I know I think I'll call him Pepe from now on.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

I suppose you could say "My, that's a mighty-fine pair of window-boxes... or are you just pleased to see me?"
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:59 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I'm going with B because "no sex please were British" and most of us are retired and the mind maybe willing but the body has other ideas......

Have just spent a painful few mins asking OH what he would do and now I am going to kick him in the leg or better still trade him for Pepe

Last edited by crispy; Apr 3rd 2007 at 6:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.