Covid update

Old Nov 27th 2021, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Originally Posted by growinspain
Being of the younger generation than most here I received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in June...

Went to the health center on Thursday and received an appointment for Monday, Nov 29 for a booster ???? I do not know if it is a booster or original vaccine. Will ask...
Yes, those who had one-shot J&J (Janssen) vaccine is eligible for a booster 3 months after. You will get Phizer/BioNTec vaccine.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

In Valencia you are meant to be able to get your booster when you get your gripe vac I tried to get an appointment but it kept saying that none were available!!!
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Yes, those who had one-shot J&J (Janssen) vaccine is eligible for a booster 3 months after. You will get Phizer/BioNTec vaccine.
Thanks...
Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
In Valencia you are meant to be able to get your booster when you get your gripe vac I tried to get an appointment but it kept saying that none were available!!!
Not sure where exactly you are in Valencia but you can just turn up at the mobile vaccination point at the Marathon exhibition in Cuidad de las Ciences on Friday 3rd December from 10-14 and 16 to 20 and Saturday 4th 10 to 14 only. Yesterday they did them at the bullring and IKEA. I chose IKEA, a bad move as it took nearly 3 hours whereas the bullring, a 5 minute walk from home, had no queue at all.

Conditions for this are that you're over 60 or in the essentials list or had the Janssen jab. There's no appointment system for walk-ins so take a book just in case. Given the current news, I'd say it's worth the effort to avoid being stranded if you travel or want to travel.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 8:35 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

UK PCR fun begins again unless you're flying in from Ireland.

From 4am Tuesday, even if you're vaccinated, you need to have a PCR test after arriving in the UK which you have to book in advance before flying. It can be taken on days 0, 1, or 2 and you have to self-isolate until you get a negative result.

How the return of PCR tests and self-isolation for international travel will work

Choose your test provider wisely after the problems from last time.

On the 1st of December, Spain will change the restrictions for travellers from the UK from a vaccination certificate or a negative PCR test to just a vaccination certificate.

España endurece los controles de entrada ante la nueva variante del coronavirus

Last edited by DLC; Nov 28th 2021 at 9:32 am.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
UK PCR fun begins again unless you're flying in from Ireland.

From 4am Tuesday, even if you're vaccinated, you need to have a PCR test after arriving in the UK which you have to book in advance before flying. It can be taken on days 0, 1, or 2 and you have to self-isolate until you get a negative result.

How the return of PCR tests and self-isolation for international travel will work

Choose your test provider wisely after the problems from last time.
Big problem is that a large number of people will be heading to UK all at same time meaning the labs will struggle to process the results over Christmas- not good if you have to isolate until those results come through. No doubt Ryanair will not allow money back or free flight change despite the fact that the new requirements mean extra expense for many. Big thing will be Spain's response- surely the cant just let anyone enter without any recent test???
Old Nov 28th 2021, 9:41 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Big problem is that a large number of people will be heading to UK all at same time meaning the labs will struggle to process the results over Christmas- not good if you have to isolate until those results come through. No doubt Ryanair will not allow money back or free flight change despite the fact that the new requirements mean extra expense for many.
Their website has an option which includes some kind of insurance which returns ticket money, but costs 80 euros per flight... so, yeah, what's the point?

Big thing will be Spain's response- surely the cant just let anyone enter without any recent test???
I updated the post with what Spain's doing... they've decided being vaccinated is more important than a negative test.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
I updated the post with what Spain's doing... they've decided being vaccinated is more important than a negative test.

And this gives what protection???

Jabbed or not you can still catch Covid and transmit it..

Testing is the ONLY way to ensure the 300 plus others on the plane don't have it...

I put this on another forum yesterday as it proves testing is more important than just a paper to say you have been done.

As an aside. My son has now tested positive (he has to do regular tests for work), this was 4 days ago as he works shifts and is due back to work tomorrow.
HE HAS NO SYMPTONS.. at all, nothing not even a sniff. And his second jab was in September.
So if he hadn't been tested he would now be merrily sharing the virus...
But he has a cert so thats Ok...

Nope don't think so...

And even better he has now taken a full PCR test and its come back POSITIVE and he still has no symptoms.
He had a video call with his doctor last night and he said that, my son is not the first case he has dealt with where there are no symptons..

So you can keep your bit of paper, I will only go out when I need to and will wear a mask if anyone else is around, even if they are across the road..

And with the 'new' variant who knows the whole thing may be starting again..

Last edited by Barriej; Nov 28th 2021 at 11:16 am.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 11:25 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we're wondering how we'll get ours. We got our first two in Canada and now have moved to Peniscola until new year. We're not due a booster until January. Not quite sure how it will work.

Lovin Spain BTW!

Ps 54 years old

Last edited by Londonuck; Nov 28th 2021 at 11:30 am.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 7:35 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Barriej
And this gives what protection???
The chair of the South African Medical Association says symptoms are much milder, so the decision makes sense if Spain's aim is to keep people out of hospitals.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be reticent to trust what a chair says. A sofa though may add more weight.
Old Nov 28th 2021, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
The chair of the South African Medical Association says symptoms are much milder, so the decision makes sense if Spain's aim is to keep people out of hospitals.
Still doesn't answer the issue of allowing vaccinated but untested people to access all areas....otherwise it will still be spread like wildfire...
Spain is allowing vaccinated only in and the Uk is now saying you need a test when you arrive. (but as you may have already infected 300 others) Cart before Horse springs to mind...

What is needed is a test that can be performed as you arrive at the airport, you then wait in a booth (as a family if you are travelling together) until you get the all clear.
In my uneducated view, this alone would slow the spread. But what do I know???

In fact if what you have reported is the case that the variant has milder symptoms then a tested non vaccinated person is a better friend than some Ive met lately with the 'Ive had me jabs, Im safe so its off to LA for the weekend' (oh that is aimed at my wife's cousin who has just done this....) No test but fully vaccinated....

Its a case of Im alright jack, sod the rest of you....

Old Nov 29th 2021, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
It was the Moderna jab.. Herded like livestock to the slaughter at the hospital General. Do not know if it was the booster or normal vaccine??

Still has not shown up on the covid passport.. Any one know when or how long it takes to update it?
Old Nov 29th 2021, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
It was the Moderna jab.. Herded like livestock to the slaughter at the hospital General. Do not know if it was the booster or normal vaccine??

Still has not shown up on the covid passport.. Any one know when or how long it takes to update it?
In Andalucia, my husband had his booster on a Monday afternoon and downloaded his updated EU vaccination certificate, showing the third dose, the following morning.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lynn R
In Andalucia, my husband had his booster on a Monday afternoon and downloaded his updated EU vaccination certificate, showing the third dose, the following morning.
Thanks Lynn. Just downloaded the updated certificate,

https://coronavirus.san.gva.es/certificado-digital-ue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.