Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for UK travel

Covid tests for UK travel

Old Feb 13th 2021, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid tests for UK travel

Does anyone have any information as to Covid test suppliers, preferably in the Bilbao area, which meet the UK requirements for entry.

Tried the UK embassy but they said to research myself!
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid tests for UK travel

From FB page - Brits in Spain - Britsh Embassy Madrid

New rules on mandatory Covid-19 testing for travel to the UK from 15 February*
From the 15 February, anyone permitted to arrive into the UK will need to self-isolate and, in addition to existing pre-departure requirements, it will be mandatory for all arrivals to take a Covid-19 test on day 2 and again on day 8 of their 10 day quarantine period.
These tests must be booked before arrival in the UK. Airlines will be required to confirm that a booking has been made for the two mandatory tests before they let a returning passenger board a flight.
Those arriving will still need to complete a passenger locator form up to 48 hours before departure and provide a negative Covid test result taken in the 3 days before you depart, as well as undertaking the 2 mandatory Covid tests once in the UK
Please note: You cannot currently enter the UK if you’ve been in or through a country on the banned travel list (sometimes known as the ‘red list’) in the last 10 days, unless you’re British, Irish or you have the right to live in the UK. If you have been in or through a country on the ‘red list’ please see: https://www.gov.uk/.../government-to-introduce-tougher...
The government ‘red list’ is here: https://www.gov.uk/.../transport-measures-to-protect-the...
Additional information for Scotland: https://www.gov.scot/.../coronavirus-covid-19-public.../
The government are introducing new fines and sanctions to enforce these measures. These measures will remain in place as long as is required to protect public health and reduce transmission of the virus and to reduce the risk of new variants.
For more information and details of exemptions please see:
1.) https://www.gov.uk/uk-border.../before-you-leave-for-the-uk
2.) https://www.gov.uk/.../government-to-introduce-tougher...

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk?fbclid=IwAR3Rf4oVEq2XfpTGh7wheVsE7BzzOCK7SSV8-9vvr1qFxnMJgeSO53HFZlw

Last edited by spainrico; Feb 14th 2021 at 11:13 am.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm aware of the rules which is why I asked if anyone knows of Covid test suppliers so I can comply with them.

So far I have found two, Medsafe and Quiron, but I'm not sure if they meet the UK requirements.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry yes, misread your post - all I can say Quiron is a big hospital group so I would assume their test is adequate but I don't know for a fact.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 12:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to find providers in the UK and book the additional 2 tests through them. If its a proper PCR test, they should all be accepable.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

The tests required for days 2 and 8 of the 10 day self-isolation on return to the UK have to be booked and paid for before you travel. See HMG Quarantine Guidance

The UK Government provides this link for booking the Travel Test package. Travel Test Booking

I don't think booking your own tests complies.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 2:00 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by appman999
The UK Government provides this link for booking the Travel Test package. Travel Test Booking
At bargain @ £210 per person
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought that initially, but that's £105 per test and the Medsafe test in Spain is 119 € which is much the same.

Still means that a couple visiting the UK will spend over £600 in tests and spend 10 days in quarantine!!
Old Feb 14th 2021, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad I don't want to go!
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:36 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any information as to Covid test suppliers, preferably in the Bilbao area, which meet the UK requirements for entry.
Another one is https://www.saludsavia.com/. I don't know if they are accepted by the UK but I do know they are accepted by Italy.

I guess their online chat could help to see if their results match what the UK wants.

Tried the UK embassy but they said to research myself!
Seems to be their answer to most questions.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that initially, but that's £105 per test and the Medsafe test in Spain is 119 € which is much the same.

Still means that a couple visiting the UK will spend over £600 in tests and spend 10 days in quarantine!!
You may want to shop around on that, maybe ask your local doctor. In Valencia the University Clinic are charging 79 Euro, others are between 70 and 250.

It's also worth noting you don't need the pre-booked tests if your destination is Northern Ireland.
Good luck.