Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for entry to Spain

Covid tests for entry to Spain

Old Dec 16th 2020, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

trythallj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid tests for entry to Spain

Does anyone have first or second hand experience of what happens if you fly to Spanish airport without negative Covid test result? My wife is booked to Aberdeen to Alicante tomorrow, but test sample sat in sorting office in Xmas post, so no chance of having result in time. I'd be happy with an airport test and small fine. I would take a punt on it, but she is more of a nervous traveller. Looks like our first Xmas apart in 40 years! (This is with Assured Screening, using their recommended dispatch method, if anyone is thinking of using them.)
Old Dec 16th 2020, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid tests for entry to Spain

Spain is threatening those without Covid test with 3,000 euro fine, but I haven't heard of anyone who has been fined. What I hear is of people who have never been asked to produce a test result on arrival, only the QR code of health declaration, though I've also heard of those who have been asked. Some UK airports offer almost-instant result Covid test, which I would take if I were in your wife's position.
Old Dec 16th 2020, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

HowardMijas is an unknown quantity at this point

YOu should have hand the results sent To you digitally , spain prefer it online . My understanding is , no Covid test , a 6000€ fine
Old Dec 16th 2020, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Unfortunately Aberdeen does not offer tests.
Old Dec 16th 2020, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Getting the results sent is not the problem! It is getting the sample to the laboratory.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My wife heard on talk radio europe yesterday that the spanish authorities will bar entry and send you straight back without negative test.You can ring station to confirm,Also a friend has been stuck in the uk for nearly a month because of no test and told my wife boots has started to do test.My wife has just given me this web site with all the information on it++++++www.spth.gob.es. hope this helps.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 7:43 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed this on Boots website > *Note that this test is not currently approved as a pre-flight testing service, which requires a PCR test and for results to be processed via a registered lab
Old Dec 17th 2020, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

In the end my wife decided not to fly today. Sample now at mail centre in NW England! Now looking at options for trying again for a later flight. Boots in Aberdeen seems the most likely at the moment, but will check after Missile's caution. Thanks for advice.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

This link to Boots seems to show to say it is OK for travel

https://www.boots.com/covid-19-testi...esting-service
Old Dec 17th 2020, 10:09 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies it is the new Boots swab test which is not currently approved as a pre-flight testing service . New COVID-19 testing service now available in Boots UK stores (boots-uk.com)

They also state that the service is already available in ten stores in total, which are located in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow for customers travelling to UAE, with plans to roll out a wider service to over 50 stores across the UK over the next few weeks. Depending on demand and feedback, the launch may extend to 200 stores over the coming months.. You might want to check if the test is available at Boots Aberdeen.

I would be interested to hear confirmation from anyone who has used Boots test and was this accepted on entry to Spain.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

A quick update on this as I fell foul of a new rule yesterday. My son was refused boarding for a flight to Belfast through Amsterdam. The Netherlands now require PCR tests for passengers in transit. Apparently it came in to force on 29th December.
Another thing to watch out for since a lot of us now need to change flights with the new lockdown.... Ryanair have a sneaky little trick attached to their offer to move flights for free, they are adding services to extract a few extra pennies from you. In my case I'd booked 2 tickets with luggage on one ticket only, they automatically add another bag to the 2nd passenger and there's no option to remove it. The only workaround is to contact them via chat.