Reload this Page >

course fishing spanish algarve- ayamonte

course fishing spanish algarve- ayamonte

Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:25 am
Just Joined

markp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default course fishing spanish algarve- ayamonte

Hello everyone,

My parents have got a house near to ayamonte and I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere in that area I can go fishing. I have heard that the carp, barbel, and catfish fishing can be excellent. I have tried searching on the internet but the only places I can find are further South around Granada.

If anyone can let me know of a couple of decent spots around that area it would be most appreciated.

Could you also let me know what I have to do to get a fishing licence.

Many thanks,
Mark
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: course fishing spanish algarve- ayamonte

Originally Posted by markp
Hello everyone,

My parents have got a house near to ayamonte and I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere in that area I can go fishing. I have heard that the carp, barbel, and catfish fishing can be excellent. I have tried searching on the internet but the only places I can find are further South around Granada.

If anyone can let me know of a couple of decent spots around that area it would be most appreciated.

Could you also let me know what I have to do to get a fishing licence.

Many thanks,
Mark
I would have thought that any reasonably-sized river would contain those species of fish, before it hits the rural farming and urban populated areas. For example, el rio Segura definitely has barbel and catfish prior to hitting the rice fields of Calasparra (and some even after that). So break-out the maps, GPS and 4x4 and go hunting

However, there are online resources for fishing clubs and locations: "pesca deportiva en agua dulce" are good search keywords.

For your fishing licence, there are two approaches; the *cough* Spanish approach (what licence? - assume fishing on non-private property and in season, to be reasonable), or get one online at http://www.sulicencia.com/licenciapesca.htm (you'll need to be able to read some Spanish).

PS. I can't vouch for the above service, as I haven't used it and you can obviously do it yourself if you search further (licencia de pesca), but it seems like a kosher service (it's cross-referenced from many other web sites).

Last edited by Unexpat; Jan 26th 2006 at 3:00 am. Reason: PS
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Dave and Trish is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about fishing the area myself but you can find loads of useful information on lots of subjects including fishing and obtaining licences on www.anadalucia.com
I hope you find this info helpful.
Dave
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:35 am
Just Joined

markp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information on getting a licence. My Spanish isn't that great so I want to try and do it legally as I wouldn't know what to say if I got caught out.

There are a few big rivers in the area that maybe worth investigating. I have also heard that dam fishing can be good as well. The only problem is that I only get over there for a week at a time so I don't really have time to do lots of searching about. If anyone knows of any particular places in that area and don't mind sharing a bit of local knowledge it would be most appreciated.