Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Couple of questions about Spanish Law

Couple of questions about Spanish Law

Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

pixikins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions about Spanish Law

I've just been told that all central heating systems (gas and oil) have to have an annual inspection and a certificate showing everything is OK. Apparently, this law was introduced early this year. I can't find anything on the Internet so has anyone got any information please?

Secondly, there's a vacant plot next to mine which has some large pine trees. For the last 3 years, I've been paying someone to remove the processional caterpillar nests - not cheap! I'd like to cut the trees down because they're sprouting "babies" everywhere - anyone know how I'd go about it since I can't track down the owner of the plot?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of questions about Spanish Law

Originally Posted by pixikins
I've just been told that all central heating systems (gas and oil) have to have an annual inspection and a certificate showing everything is OK. Apparently, this law was introduced early this year. I can't find anything on the Internet so has anyone got any information please?

Secondly, there's a vacant plot next to mine which has some large pine trees. For the last 3 years, I've been paying someone to remove the processional caterpillar nests - not cheap! I'd like to cut the trees down because they're sprouting "babies" everywhere - anyone know how I'd go about it since I can't track down the owner of the plot?

Many thanks.
Ask any gas fitter in your local town.

Some town halls will spray the caterpillar nests for free so ask yours, I`d strongly advise against chopping anyones trees down,a very big fine may follow,some tree species in certain areas are protected so you could even get in trouble for chopping them down on your own land! better to plant more trees
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:54 am
Just Joined

pixikins is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rotor for such a quick reply. Gas fitter is saying yes but I'd still like to find concrete evidence, preferrably by someone who doesn't work in the trade.

As for trees, my council doesn't spray. Happy to plant loads of trees - just not pines
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:59 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.
I certainly wouldn't contemplate cutting down trees - even pines. My pine trees have a preservation order on them (can you believe).

Also, the Spanish are very particular about their land! As an example, I went next door to prune some of my hedges and the next day my neighbour (who's only at his summer house once a month) was 'round having a right go at me for not asking his permission. My fault, I know, but what a fuss ...

I'm sure as soon as you started cutting trees, the real owner would 'come out of the woodwork' to tell you off.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:26 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixikins;
Could be this: Reglamento de Instalaciones Térmicas en los Edificios (RITE), Real Decreto 1027/2007 de 20 Julio
http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2007/08/2...5931-35984.pdf
It applies to new builds and new installations in reforms.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:38 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I certainly wouldn't contemplate cutting down trees - even pines. My pine trees have a preservation order on them (can you believe).

Also, the Spanish are very particular about their land! As an example, I went next door to prune some of my hedges and the next day my neighbour (who's only at his summer house once a month) was 'round having a right go at me for not asking his permission. My fault, I know, but what a fuss ...

I'm sure as soon as you started cutting trees, the real owner would 'come out of the woodwork' to tell you off.

Many thanks.
I fixed a couple of pine trees which were overhanging my place with those pesky caterpillars.
Went around when all was quiet and drilled a sizeable hole in each, sloping slightly down and well into the core or centre of the trunk.
Poured a little undiluted paraquet into the holes then plugged them with a bit of a branch so they could not be seen.
The said trees started to look a bit sick after a month or so and eventually dropped all their needles hence now no pesky caterpillars.
Only thing is I might look a bit sick myself if the bloody things come down on top of the house so fingers, legs and everything else crossed that all is ok when I get back there in a few weeks.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:20 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I fixed a couple of pine trees which were overhanging my place with those pesky caterpillars.
Went around when all was quiet and drilled a sizeable hole in each, sloping slightly down and well into the core or centre of the trunk.
Poured a little undiluted paraquet into the holes then plugged them with a bit of a branch so they could not be seen.
The said trees started to look a bit sick after a month or so and eventually dropped all their needles hence now no pesky caterpillars.
Only thing is I might look a bit sick myself if the bloody things come down on top of the house so fingers, legs and everything else crossed that all is ok when I get back there in a few weeks.
sounds like 20,000 euro fine per tree
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
sounds like 20,000 euro fine per tree
Not Guilty,M`Lord,
I was 3000km away, out of the country at the time.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:37 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly, the prickly pears on the side of my garden seem to be suffering from some mystery disease. Fortunately it's a sort of parkland so no-one can see it easily, but almost every one that grows to within reach of my fence has turned yellow and died.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:35 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Not Guilty,M`Lord,
I was 3000km away, out of the country at the time.
ok then its case dismissed due to lack of evidence or witneses.unless you confess after a litre of brandy and a bottle of cola.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:48 pm
Banned

Many thanks.
I havent heard any thing about it but if you go into your plumbers who are authorised to issue the gas boulatins ( gas instalation certs)he will know if there are any changes in the law that require a anual certificate,
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:01 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Gas appliances require an annual check for safety reasons. I work in the field, and carbon monoxide is no laughing matter.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bil
Gas appliances require an annual check for safety reasons. I work in the field, and carbon monoxide is no laughing matter.
you dont have anual checks here.usualy 4 or 5 years.uless its like he said a new law came out. for cenral heating and that may well be a cm test as a few people have been killed
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.
go to the town hall and apply for a permission to cut the trees down - then you can explain that they are not on your land etc

I have known a town hall, after being asked permission to chop pine trees down, to say just go ahead and do it, no license fee or fines at all !!! so its definitely worth asking
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Normally all rubber gas tubing and regulators are changed every 5 years as they are all dated. Whoever you contract is with will come round o check... BUT.. beware of the scammer companies who claim they need to check and change them more regularly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.