Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It could only happen in Spain-Costa Esuri

It could only happen in Spain-Costa Esuri

Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile It could only happen in Spain-Costa Esuri

"I don' believe it" Today our lectrics tripped out for the second time in a week. As luck would have it the builder and architect were on site so I asked what was wrong.

The builder immediately said that Spain has too much electricity too strong! and told us to ring Endesa and they would come and sort it.

I was very doubtful on all counts but the architect rang and described what had happened and what the builder had said from his expirence on another build in Cartaya. They said they would be there in 90 mins.

They were not they arrived after about 50mins and one guy clamped a handcuff round our incoming mains supply with one end being a meter with two probes which he insertd these into the cable connections. His mate had roared off to another place on Esuri. The first then rang the second on his mobile and gave him a series of readings. Still not able to push the switch up. His mate collected him and they both roared off.

About 10min later they reappeared and asked if we had electricity and I pushed up the switch and and lo and behold we had!!!

It seems to be that with all the downturn and no new occupiers on Esuri there is too MUCH "potential" in the system and they have to tune it down so that the sensitive trips that are now installed in new builds don't lock out.

Amazed!!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It could only happen in Spain-Costa Esuri

Nice to know there is some surplus capacity in the system. I was thinking of opening a smelting plant in that big concrete blockhouse at the entrance to CE
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

dale lancashire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It could only happen in Spain-Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by John & Kath
"I don' believe it" Today our lectrics tripped out for the second time in a week. As luck would have it the builder and architect were on site so I asked what was wrong.

The builder immediately said that Spain has too much electricity too strong! and told us to ring Endesa and they would come and sort it.

I was very doubtful on all counts but the architect rang and described what had happened and what the builder had said from his expirence on another build in Cartaya. They said they would be there in 90 mins.

They were not they arrived after about 50mins and one guy clamped a handcuff round our incoming mains supply with one end being a meter with two probes which he insertd these into the cable connections. His mate had roared off to another place on Esuri. The first then rang the second on his mobile and gave him a series of readings. Still not able to push the switch up. His mate collected him and they both roared off.

About 10min later they reappeared and asked if we had electricity and I pushed up the switch and and lo and behold we had!!!

It seems to be that with all the downturn and no new occupiers on Esuri there is too MUCH "potential" in the system and they have to tune it down so that the sensitive trips that are now installed in new builds don't lock out.

Amazed!!
Hi I was just wondering if you knew if anyone else on Esuri had this problem with the power?