British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   could anyone recommend an Ayamonte shop that stocks satellite dishes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/could-anyone-recommend-ayamonte-shop-stocks-satellite-dishes-926759/)

maccro Jul 28th 2019 9:51 am

could anyone recommend an Ayamonte shop that stocks satellite dishes

Thanks
Michael

keithBT Jul 28th 2019 10:12 am

Re: could anyone recommend an Ayamonte shop that stocks satellite dishes

Yes, I bought a dish and accessories from a tiny place upstairs in the Ayamonte market hall. This was four years ago so I'm assuming he is still there. The unit is more like a lock up than a shop and he opens odd hours. You might have to ask neighboring units his hours. I bought a dish to receive the bbc satback (901) service. If you want the same the signal difficult to find. You cant do it with a cheap sat meter. You need a proper scanner. I had to get an english guy from I Cristina to line mine up. The shop has everything including receivers and he supplies all the local engineers. He gave me the contact at I Cristina.

maccro Jul 28th 2019 5:31 pm

Thanks Keith, did 80 cm dish work for you or did you need larger size?

keithBT Jul 29th 2019 12:54 pm

I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the shop. I think it may have been Sat25.com. Four years ago they opened when they felt like it !! It took me several visits to catch him open. My dish is certainly no bigger than an 80cm. I have an idea it is maybe 75-80cm high by about 60 wide. I get fantastic clear reception. I had bought an Icecript receiver in the UK and took it over. TBH, I would recommend paying one of the local guys to provide the system as recall the software set up was a pain and took me several efforts. At the time, being a former bt engineer I fancied the challenge ! plus I thought I could get away with a cheap sat meter.
If you have either sky or Virgin in the uk, nowadays its a lot easier just to log in from spain via the internet and watch your normal package, however the clarity is well down on the sat system.

guesswork Jul 29th 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12716362)
I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the shop. I think it may have been Sat25.com. Four years ago they opened when they felt like it !! It took me several visits to catch him open. My dish is certainly no bigger than an 80cm. I have an idea it is maybe 75-80cm high by about 60 wide. I get fantastic clear reception. I had bought an Icecript receiver in the UK and took it over. TBH, I would recommend paying one of the local guys to provide the system as recall the software set up was a pain and took me several efforts. At the time, being a former bt engineer I fancied the challenge ! plus I thought I could get away with a cheap sat meter.
If you have either sky or Virgin in the uk, nowadays its a lot easier just to log in from spain via the internet and watch your normal package, however the clarity is well down on the sat system.

There is advertisement for them on the Island outside Mercadona

big wheels Jul 30th 2019 12:13 am

If you are having trouble finding anyone local I can recommend this place. https://demon-multimedia.com/

I have bought quite a few Satellite related items from them over the years

maccro Jul 30th 2019 9:45 am

Thanks folks for the information. I'll check the market location first and take it from there. The on line seller looks good too.
Keith I brought over a Technomate box with the necessary channels already added and working ok from home location. So hopefully software OK. I'll try to locate with my sat. Meter but based on your experience and signal strength, I might have to bring in the local professionals. Thanks again for now. Regards Michael

ARPcPro Aug 5th 2019 4:08 pm

For https://sat25.com/ I advise to call before going there asking if they are open.
The address is:
Tienda TvSatelite Comunicaciones SL.
Calle Luis Braille Nº10, Local 4, 21400 Ayamonte - España +351 964694741 | +34 660705551 [email protected] WhatsApp +34 660705551

From my experience an 80cm dish with a good quality LNB was really the minimum to get freesat.co.uk on Astra 2. When it started to rain and on foggy days I would lose coverage of some channels. A 1 meter dish would be better to have a "rain margin" and not so sensible to be disaligned by strong winds.