Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costs to complete my bathrooms

Costs to complete my bathrooms

Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Costs to complete my bathrooms

Having posted about my lack of electricity supply before I have now discovered that my bathrooms have not been completed.

As the builder is "missing" I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of costs to complete them.

I have 2 bathrooms both missing toilets and hand basins. There are waste and soil pipes fitted already and as far as I can see (working from photos as am in UK) the water supply is adjacent ( the photos show that the tiling has holes which I am presuming means that flexible pipes can be attached there)

As one bathroom has a white shower tray and the other a white bath I would need standard white Roca basins with pedestals and white Roca toilets with close coupled cistern (Boxy/square shape pan). Don't really know if these are the cheaper or more expensive type but are what we picked with the builder.

Anyone have an idea of costs of the kit and installation costs?

Any help appreciated.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:05 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs to complete my bathrooms

In my experience bathroom equipment and fittings are cheaper than in the UK. Labour rates are lower too. However, it can be hard to get reliable trades people. Generally I avoid using UK trades people.

Without further info it is hard to give anything more than a guestimate of cost. I would suggest not more than 1.000€
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:35 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
In my experience bathroom equipment and fittings are cheaper than in the UK. Labour rates are lower too. However, it can be hard to get reliable trades people. Generally I avoid using UK trades people.

Without further info it is hard to give anything more than a guestimate of cost. I would suggest not more than 1.000€
With all the same caveats, I would say it may even be half that at around 500€
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:00 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm hoping to finish our guest bathroom this visit. The single largest cost was the tiles, which were about 400 euros, second biggest the water heater at 350. Toilet was 100, handbasin and pedestal, 10 euros off a mate. Glass bricks for shower, 80 - 100. Labour mine, plus plumbing fittings which were another 100 or so, oh and the tile adhesive and grout which at a guess were another 50 or 60.

The best thing I did was to use the white gaucho paint for roofs with the glassfibre mesh, or whatever it is for the base of the shower. A damn sight cheaper and more versatile than buying a big shower tray, and it gives a good slip proof surface.