Costs

Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Costs

Hi

Now you have probably seen this before and yes i have searched previous threads, but want an upto date insight.

Can you live in spain (playa flemenca) comfortably on $20,000 euros a year (not including school fees or money for holiday)

Im thinking

650 euro monthly rent
500 euro monthly food

500 euros other stuff petrol, gym, meals out, beer

I will the have 10k - 20k a year play money for holidays etc.

School fees, will be paid separately.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:40 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs

Yes, you could. Playa Flamenca is a 'cheap' area, it was built that way, intended for the ordinary foreigner coming to live in Spain, with thousands of those popular Quad houses, quarter-detacheds in blocks of four to keep the costs down, while still being within easy reach of beaches and a dual carriageway running through the middle of it (the N332).

A lot of the initial drainage and other problems have been sorted out and a giant new shopping centre is about to open next month, La Zenia Boulevard. But the area has always been well served by shops of every description and regular markets, so you can live cheaply.

You won't find much scenic beauty or history, the whole place didn't exist 30 years ago, but a short drive inland can provide all that.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tambo

Do I understand correctly by the term 'play money' that you will have up to 20K Euros spare cash per year having taken into account all living and leisure expenses (excluding holidays)?
If so, my next question is why would you want to live in Playa Flamenca? No offence to the area or residents but with that sort of income, your choice could be much wider and dare I say, more 'exclusive'!

Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future

Yes the 20k a year is for holidays and play money.

I am not a materialistic person and am really looking to spend money on lifestyle, ie not working (unless i choose to), taking the kids skiing regularly, visiting different areas / countries in the school holidays etc.

I have lived in a few upmarket areas and have found that you have to work to pay for them, its not important for me now.

As long as the area meets our needs, shops, beach, pubs, cafes, gym etc etc i think we will be happy.

I currently work my tits off in Australia and really am looking forward to time off.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the 20k a year is for holidays and play money.

I am not a materialistic person and am really looking to spend money on lifestyle, ie not working (unless i choose to), taking the kids skiing regularly, visiting different areas / countries in the school holidays etc.

I have lived in a few upmarket areas and have found that you have to work to pay for them, its not important for me now.

As long as the area meets our needs, shops, beach, pubs, cafes, gym etc etc i think we will be happy.

I currently work my tits off in Australia and really am looking forward to time off.
If skiing is important to you then you'd be better off next to one of the Spanish ski resorts. Especially the pyranees (although more expensive up there) or Sierra Nevada, you can ski 5 months a year there and can be on the beach one day and skiing the next

You'll need $20,000 a year though, if your going to do lots of skiing. Its not cheap
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

ionie is an unknown quantity at this point

Playa Flamenca is cheap compared to cities but it's not pretty by any means.
With your budget and if you've decided on this general area I'd suggest you look at Pilar de la Horadada, just up the road but nicer or San Pedro del Pinatar (my choice).
Best advice is to rent for six months whilst looking for the right area and property. At the moment if you buy, you're generally stuck with that property, it's very difficult to sell.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:23 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Now you have probably seen this before and yes i have searched previous threads, but want an upto date insight.

Can you live in spain (playa flemenca) comfortably on $20,000 euros a year (not including school fees or money for holiday)

Im thinking

650 euro monthly rent
500 euro monthly food

500 euros other stuff petrol, gym, meals out, beer

You will be in Spain - why will you want to take Holidays ??

Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
You will be in Spain - why will you want to take Holidays ??

I'm dying for a holiday here you know

Do Spaniards not take holidays?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I'm dying for a holiday here you know

Do Spaniards not take holidays?
Never ceases to amaze me. In the local travel agents I see ads for holidays on the costa del sol, and we are only 100km inland from Malaga. They could drive there in an hour.
Pete
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Never ceases to amaze me. In the local travel agents I see ads for holidays on the costa del sol, and we are only 100km inland from Malaga. They could drive there in an hour.
Pete
They could, but often you get a better package deal from an estate agent. Especially if you go in a group. However, most Spanish people rent out an apartment for a 3 or 4 weeks in July or August, or go to their own house or apartment than they own.

Times are a changing. 10 years ago the Spanish cities completely emptied and closed down as people headed to the coast. My wife cant believe how busy it is in Oviedo now. In August when she was younger, no shops were open and everybody had gone on holiday!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

On detail, you could be on the ski slope and the beach in the same day, not two days. OK a rather long day for the driver, but do-able!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:45 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Pete
You have never noticed the adverts in Barrhead Travel for holidays in Kintyre?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Some people live and holiday on the Isle of Wight.
I find that odd.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Pete
Down in La Linea which is on the CDS you will see plenty of CDS holidays advertised.
However for the more adventurous there are some on the Costa de la Luz,
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

for the past week there has been an advert on terrestial tv for Escocia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.