Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Tropical places to visit

Costa Tropical places to visit

Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Tropical places to visit

Still spouting the same old hippie stuff I see. Shame on you, you disrespect many people again. Tiresome rubbish.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

At least I am aware of the people I disrespect
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer

I gave good info' there. Very good info'. What did you give other than a Daily Mail readers POV?
Oh well done, that is a good one ! really rich coming from you. I used to think I would like to meet you one day but then I read the rubbish you spout and the bad attitude you have..

My apologies to the OP for taking this off topic. I am out of this one.

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 15th 2014 at 9:33 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 3:46 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff b
The places that have been mentioned I would have not thought to visit. I would imagine they are nice places in the warmer months.
Do they have a problem with cold weather in winter as they are so close to the mountains?
As you move away from the coast does it get hotter in summer and cooler in winter. I see these places are not far from the coast so I wondered if they was any difference temperature wise.
The Alpujarran white villages are in the mountains at various heights. Yegen is 1000 metres above sea level (about the height of Snowdon). Therefore yes, it gets cold in the winter and there is often snow, but it is usually sunny.

Bear in mind that it is cold on the coast too, in the winter, although possibly for a month less than in the mountains.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's them out of the equation then, for living not visiting. I am not living were there is snow and I think that I am correct in saying that under normal conditions it does not snow down by the coast.
Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:23 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Under normal conditions, no, it does not snow on the coast (although it is cold), but it does occasionally. In 2005 there was snow on the coast that lasted a few days and a frost that went all into North Africa!! Killed all the prickly pears.

The most southerly ski slopes in Europe are the Sol y Nieve, in the Sierra Nevada near Granada. So therefore there is snow.

If you want wall-to-wall heat, then you need the Canaries, not mainland Spain.

Last edited by scampicat; Sep 16th 2014 at 7:31 am.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

No not after permanent warm, seasons are nice but deff no snow, ice or frost on my windscreen!!!!
That's why at the moment CT is favorite option, not boiling in summer or freezing in winter from what I have found out.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:42 am
Ex Expat

OK, fine, I just wanted to make you aware that it does get cold on the coast as some people don't realise.

Even in the mountain villages, at 1000m or less the snow does not usually hang around for long. To us, it was worth it for the tranquillity and the breathtaking view!

http://imageprocessor.websimages.com...e/m1%20(3).jpg

Depends what you want.

For Costa T, Almunecar and Nerja are nice, possibly Salobrena and I also like little Adra as it is a working town and not too touristy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/exp...pt-secret.html

Have a great time wherever you chose

Last edited by scampicat; Sep 16th 2014 at 7:52 am.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.
Yeh i know what you mean, hard to get the perfect location.

Coast from the front of the house and mountains to the rear would be nice.

Dream on ay????
Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:06 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
For Costa T, Almunecar and Nerja are nice,
Strictly speaking, Nerja is on the Costa del Sol as the Costa Tropical refers to the Granada coast only.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Coast from the front of the house and mountains to the rear would be nice.
I got that Only one window without a view. House was junk though
Never needed much more than a light fleece all last winter and that for wind really not cold cold.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Still spouting the same old hippie stuff I see. Shame on you, you disrespect many people again. Tiresome rubbish.
When did this place lose its sense of humour?

Anyway, I can tolerate hippies, it is Daily Mail readers I have a problem with.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff b
No not after permanent warm, seasons are nice but deff no snow, ice or frost on my windscreen!!!!
That's why at the moment CT is favorite option, not boiling in summer or freezing in winter from what I have found out.

If 41dg (in the sun) couple of days ago, ie mid Spetember is not boiling then I dont know what is, and that is with it slightly cooler, it gets very very hot
Old Sep 16th 2014, 8:39 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Quoting a temperature recorded "in the sun" is complete rubbish. You might as well put the thermometer in your toaster and say it was 100ºc degrees in your kitchen today.

You might get that sort of temperature inland in Granada and certainly in Sevilla but on the Granada coast - never in September.

The temperature (properly recorded on an accurate thermometer, in the shade) on the coast has been consistently around 33ºc for most of July and August and it has been that way for the last 13 years where I have been recording it on my commercial grade weather station.

It did touch 37.4ºc briefly on 27th August which was the highest this year.

September this year has been hotter than usual, but the highest recorded was 36º on the 2nd of the month.

Quite frankly, the Costa Tropical name is a bit of a myth. The weather is not significantly different to the coast further East or West. It is a term invented by the tourist industry just because they grow some rare fruit here. The original term Costa Granadina is a better description.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Yes Fred I agree, why would anyone take the temperature in the sun?

We do know about Nerja being on the CDS but it was the only place we knew when we booked. We are going in a few weeks to find somewhere near to you to go for a few months nest winter.
If the temperature, in normal situations, stays below 35 and rarely into single figures in the daytime we will be happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.