Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Old Feb 6th 2019, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Originally Posted by Esuriplotman
And what are the highest prices you have heard ?
Sorry but the talk is always of bargains not of high prices also the price of the plot always quoted is without back taxes and costs. However I have heard of one in the 60k’s
Old Feb 9th 2019, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonisdad
  • Calle lope de rueda NN
  • Urb. Urbanización La Colina
  • District Costa Esuri
  • Ayamonte
  • La Costa, Huelva
  • Could anybody give me any information on above complex/condominium. Is it clean quiet nice location busy etc
  • Thank you
we have had an apartment on Las Colinas for 8 years. We love it here. It is very peaceful. We have fabulous views. We wouldn't change it. Every time we visit we say 'we love it here'
Old Feb 10th 2019, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Esuriplotman is an unknown quantity at this point

This is very useful info. Looks like prices have recovered a fair bit then. Things appear to be on the up !
Old Feb 14th 2019, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonisdad
But what about the other blocks? On our complex dogs are allowed but they are not allowed on the grassed areas.
A few pics to give you some idea of the scale of Esuri,

These were from our original visit in 2007,when they had appts mocked up with a large scale plan of Esuri in the shed. And a few Ariel shots

Off Plan shots

Off Plan Shot

Off Plan Shot

Ariel View

Ariel View

Ariel View
Old Feb 14th 2019, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Esuriplotman
This is very useful info. Looks like prices have recovered a fair bit then. Things appear to be on the up !
Lots of Activi

Facing Lomas

Chad's old place been empty for 10yrs nearly occupied now

Above the 12 hole

4 being built on the hill next to the proposed new restaurant?

The latest one
Lots going on re plots being built on,some plots selling for 70k Euro's
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Esuriplotman is an unknown quantity at this point

This is great to see. Not all doom and gloom then. Thanks for posting the photos !
Old Feb 15th 2019, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

It never has been, this is our 12th year here and we both love it, it’s easier to complain instead of getting on with it, lots of problems in uk but that’s life wherever you live?,

Ken.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
It never has been, this is our 12th year here and we both love it, it’s easier to complain instead of getting on with it, lots of problems in uk but that’s life wherever you live?,

Ken.

Thanks for the photos and the reminder of your 'fly-past', Ken. Gosh.... time flies! Aint getting no younger.. time to max out on FUN!

Doom and gloom hit the whole world as a result of the last recession/financial crisis. They say the worst since WW2 or the great depression even.

We bought pre-recession and off-plan, so were very 'early adopters'. It means that we therefore lost a LOT of value. Over 60%. But we have always been strong supporters of the overall area, the community here and the plethora of options available to us. Any long term forum member will know that we are very positive of our decision....

Money isn't everything..... but .... thinking of money (only) here are my personal opinions.
  • The market is turning in Spain, perhaps slower in CE........ but in financial terms the downside risk is very low now. You wont lose the percentage we did, IMO. If any at all. IMO. Whereas there is a potential upside. Friends of ours have bought post crisis at great prices and seen enviable gains already. NB for us any gain is enviable!
  • I personally would not buy a plot and build (If £££ are the ONLY reasons). You have to pay for 1) the land and 2) the construction+planning. The latter is much greater than the former. So you may get a great deal on the plot, but the build cost hasn't gone down over the years. Doing the math say plot = 100K now 50K. Build cost remains at 250K (maybe more since the crisis, materials + labour + planning.) These numbers are ONLY for visualisation. So the pre-crisis value of 350K is now 300K.
You can buy a prebuilt property for say 60% 'discount' (again numbers for visualisation ONLY). These properties are all over CE and include bank repossessions. BUT this discount is for BOTH land and construction + planning. Your 350K 'old investment' pre-crisis may be 40% of that now. Like ours is. Lets say you get it at half price.... 175K

That means there is, now, a big 'pot' of money 'left over' to make some major renovations (if needed) - to make it as ideal as possible to your needs. That should also secure the value and further protect the downside risk.

Of course these numbers are just for visualisation, and you have to do a spreadsheet for each particular circumstance (eg back taxes), but if money is the driver then its worth looking at pre-built.... or if it isn't the only criteria..... its worth looking at pre-built to make a comparison... to your ideal home built 'from scratch'

The villas around the Hoya 19 - most sold now I think (not sure) saw huge drops in price from pre-crisis. Those that bought post crisis got a great deal! Some were being sold at over 500K before ( if I remember well) A few years ago I saw some for sale at 139-180K+. Our apartment also saw a huge drop, and therefore a good time to buy. We have to grin and bear it when we see the prices for similar homes.. We have a duplex... 3 king size bedrooms, 3 large terraces 2BR etc etc... like a house on the top. Perfect for a family for example - or say a group of tourists. All for an amazing price. I apologise to those that are selling - but you know the score! Buyers look at these deals!

Putting money aside, (as we have been forced to do by the crisis....) we have no regrets ( no-one has a crystal ball): The positive experiences we have had in CE and the surroundings for several months a year for well over a decade, represent a major 'pillar' of our retirement strategy.... and SO MUCH FUN!

Buying abroad is a BIG decision... I suggest that now is a good time to get started for the reasons above.... and of course 'fortune favours the bold'

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 15th 2019 at 8:10 am.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
:
  • I personally would not buy a plot and build (If £££ are the ONLY reasons). You have to pay for the land and the construction + planning. The latter is much greater than the former. So you may get a great deal on the plot, but the build cost hasn't gone down over the years. Doing the math say plot = 100K now 50K. Build cost remains at 250K (maybe more since the crisis, materials + labour + planning.) These numbers are ONLY for visualisation. So the pre-crisis value of 350K is now 300K.
Maybe Costa Esuri has different regulations and when you say 250K for build costs, you're talking about a big mansion. Building can also be very cheap these days and materials are only getting better, so it can sometimes make sense to buy a plot (depending on location) and build, or let's say get it built in factory. In my case, I was only looking for a smaller 2 bed property as a holiday home but most houses were too expensive/big and otherwise you could only really find poorly built apartments. I've had the plot for a few years now but decided to do it up completely and will get a brand new small modular home delivered from Germany/Poland but it might be next year until I actually buy the new one. The only labour costs now, are a garden wall and otherwise it's just house delivered, connection & finished. Of course I had to pay an architect to sign off everything but that's really it and I'll still be well under 80K for everything (plot, labour, planning, construction). Just saying that there are options to build yourself if £££ or in my case €€€ are a reason.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Maybe Costa Esuri has different regulations and when you say 250K for build costs, you're talking about a big mansion. Building can also be very cheap these days and materials are only getting better, so it can sometimes make sense to buy a plot (depending on location) and build, or let's say get it built in factory. In my case, I was only looking for a smaller 2 bed property as a holiday home but most houses were too expensive/big and otherwise you could only really find poorly built apartments. I've had the plot for a few years now but decided to do it up completely and will get a brand new small modular home delivered from Germany/Poland but it might be next year until I actually buy the new one. The only labour costs now, are a garden wall and otherwise it's just house delivered, connection & finished. Of course I had to pay an architect to sign off everything but that's really it and I'll still be well under 80K for everything (plot, labour, planning, construction). Just saying that there are options to build yourself if £££ or in my case €€€ are a reason.
Hi Moses2013

Thanks for that - modular homes - an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that.

However I was trying only to give a visualisation, the numbers were done to give that. I haven't heard of anyone else doing it the way you are. I know people who have paid around these numbers and even more. Expect some PM's

What I really like about the forum is that these discussions can reveal so many ideas!!!

I think its fantastic that you can get the lot for 80K well done!!!

Jon
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moses2013

Thanks for that - modular homes - an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that.

However I was trying only to give a visualisation, the numbers were done to give that. I haven't heard of anyone else doing it the way you are. I know people who have paid around these numbers and even more.

I think its fantastic that you can get the lot for 80K well done!!!

Jon
Thanks and of course it's not for everyone but still always an option if on a smaller budget. I suppose the biggest problem is that the plots of land are already too expensive in many parts, so if you would have to pay 100K for a plot of land, you would rather buy the finished apartment for 120K. In our area between Blanes/Lloret to Vidreres you can still find urban plots from 30K but then the closer you get to the coast it becomes more expensive. We're about 8km away from beach, so not that bad but maybe too far for some.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:54 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Thanks and of course it's not for everyone but still always an option if on a smaller budget. I suppose the biggest problem is that the plots of land are already too expensive in many parts, so if you would have to pay 100K for a plot of land, you would rather buy the finished apartment for 120K. In our area between Blanes/Lloret to Vidreres you can still find urban plots from 30K but then the closer you get to the coast it becomes more expensive. We're about 8km away from beach, so not that bad but maybe too far for some.
My lifelong friends and I who grew up on the same street over 50 years ago stay in touch and meet every year, coming in from 3 countries. We celebrated a fantastic week in your area in October 18... staying in Tossa and exploring the area from beyond Blanes to nearly the French border. Beautiful place and the locals were markedly friendly and open and welcoming.

Maybe you will lead us out of the wilderness to your promised land, Moses

Thanks
Jon
Old Feb 15th 2019, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I [QUOTE=Jon-Bxl;12637407]

Thanks for the photos and the reminder of your 'fly-past', Ken. Gosh.... time flies! Aint getting no younger.. time to max out on FUN!

Doom and gloom hit the whole world as a result of the last recession/financial crisis. They say the worst since WW2 or the great depression even.

We bought pre-recession and off-plan, so were very 'early adopters'. It means that we therefore lost a LOT of value. Over 60%. But we have always been strong supporters of the overall area, the community here and the plethora of options available to us. Any long term forum member will know that we are very positive of our decision....

We ain’t seen nothing yet those dependant on sterling and U.K. FOR FUNDS will have to batten down the hatches after 29th March it is predicted to be worse much worse than 2008!
Old Feb 15th 2019, 10:13 am
BE Positive

[QUOTE=EsuriJohn;12637452]
I

We ain’t seen nothing yet those dependant on sterling and U.K. FOR FUNDS will have to batten down the hatches after 29th March it is predicted to be worse much worse than 2008!
I agree a weak pound really hits Eu expats with UK funds and pensions etc. I am in that group.

I cant remember the year but I remember it hit 1.023. Buereau de change had it BELOW parity. This was well before a referendum was even mentioned. (or the word Brexit existed) So with the horrible uncertainty we have had for +/- 3 years (and the markets that hate uncertainty - from the time the referendum was announced in the election campaign manifesto)... We have faced that have survived and stayed out of recession which was also predicted... and still haven't hit that 1.023!!! That was a tougher time financially for Sterling fundowners than today (money wise) Then I bought French champagne and cognac in the UK where they kept the sterling prices fixed for marketing reasons. And bought it back to Belgium (which have the same prices as France). I got it far cheaper in the UK! - And bought it back!. Last month I got French Mumm champers from the UK at £23 a lot less than in France!! These are 'marque' champagnes. Booze runs will peter out if this continues.

I am very wary about predictions as many have been proved wrong in reality. But at least we can drown our sorrows with posh champers and cognac, cheaper in the UK than the EU

One good news is that a weak pound helps those selling post crisis in the Eu zone and repatriating their money to the UK

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 15th 2019 at 10:19 am.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all
Smile Re: Costa Esuri is it worth buying?

Hope you have a good lawyer Kenny - I'm suing for copyright infringement !

:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.