Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Owners Group

Costa Esuri Owners Group

Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:44 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Esuri Owners Group

Costa Esuri Owners Group
An owner’s group has been set up in Costa Esuri.
The Owner’s Group proposes to represent owners from all areas in Costa Esuri, from individual apartments, townhouses, plots and villas alike.

Initially, the Owners Group will endeavour to offer a voice for property owners who are interested in the Costa Esuri EUC.

With regard to the Costa Esuri EUC, in the past twelve months as well as having many discussions with co-owners, I have had meetings with the mayor of Ayamonte; the EUC Administrators and the Fadesa representatives on the board.
I have also attended most of the meetings which have taken place; including the recent AGM which was held on February 5th ’10 at Casa Grande, Ayamonte.

During this time many Costa Esuri property owners have asked for a residency group to work together on the issues which affect us all on Costa Esuri.

There are many nationalities owning properties on Costa Esuri, to name but a few - Spanish, Irish, Portuguese, British, Danish, German, Chinese, Japanese and many more.

The objective of the owners group is to create a strong voice for those who feel they are not being represented or feel their voice is not being heard.
By getting together with other owners, an owner’s group will have a stronger standpoint. Many voices are better than one.

In the first instance the group will run on an informal basis with email correspondence for question and answer; updates of any gathered information; meeting reports etc.

When the group has the required amount of members we aim to formalise the group when we will establish our own constitution, aims, objectives and so on.
We are also in the process of setting up a blog page where information will be posted.

Becoming involved with the Costa Esuri Owner’s group will necessitate an opt in submission process.
Simply send your name, email address and Costa Esuri address to :
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

Arthur
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:17 pm
  #2  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

I should advise users of the forum that of course unless you feel comfortable providing personal information to a relatively new member on here then you should think twice about doing it.

Not that I'm saying that there is anything spurious about this organisation
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:00 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Mitzyboy, well said and a great point to caution forum readers in this way.
Although to reassure you, I would guess that most of the people reading this forum, in any regard to Costa Esuri, already know me and are in the most cases, by now, on my mailing list.
Cheers and thanks
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:23 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 264
Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

We looked at this for Las Encinas when we were still looking to put pressure on FM concerning the lower standard of finish outside (amongst other things - concreted roads and carparks and no planted areas) compared to the much better finish on Rago 2.

Our abogado advised that this was the only real legal method of applying pressure. But it has to be done properly = legally registered etc.

It is definitely the way forward, and I would suggest advice is sought from one (or more) good Spanish Abogados - there are many posts on this subject on the Forum (I like that term as well). SL may also wish to comment.

Jonathan
Reptonian is offline  
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:41 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,902
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by A.B.C
Costa Esuri Owners Group
An owner’s group has been set up in Costa Esuri.
The Owner’s Group proposes to represent owners from all areas in Costa Esuri, from individual apartments, townhouses, plots and villas alike.

Initially, the Owners Group will endeavour to offer a voice for property owners who are interested in the Costa Esuri EUC.

With regard to the Costa Esuri EUC, in the past twelve months as well as having many discussions with co-owners, I have had meetings with the mayor of Ayamonte; the EUC Administrators and the Fadesa representatives on the board.
I have also attended most of the meetings which have taken place; including the recent AGM which was held on February 5th ’10 at Casa Grande, Ayamonte.

During this time many Costa Esuri property owners have asked for a residency group to work together on the issues which affect us all on Costa Esuri.

There are many nationalities owning properties on Costa Esuri, to name but a few - Spanish, Irish, Portuguese, British, Danish, German, Chinese, Japanese and many more.

The objective of the owners group is to create a strong voice for those who feel they are not being represented or feel their voice is not being heard.
By getting together with other owners, an owner’s group will have a stronger standpoint. Many voices are better than one.

In the first instance the group will run on an informal basis with email correspondence for question and answer; updates of any gathered information; meeting reports etc.

When the group has the required amount of members we aim to formalise the group when we will establish our own constitution, aims, objectives and so on.
We are also in the process of setting up a blog page where information will be posted.

Becoming involved with the Costa Esuri Owner’s group will necessitate an opt in submission process.
Simply send your name, email address and Costa Esuri address to :
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

Arthur
Hi Arthur,
Can I say that I fully support what you are doing anything that pushes the Mayor the EUC and MF in the right direction has my vote. However Might I make a small suggestion: -

Could the name be changed to Costa Esuri Residents Group my reasons are that there are now many people and soon there will be many who do not own but are long term residents. These people would suport many of the same objectives as the owners a couple of examples are aregular bus service to town and the continuing clearance of rubbish from the vacent Parcellas (this has happened on a few but many more need attention).

Regards,

John.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:42 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Brentford
Posts: 492
Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by A.B.C
Costa Esuri Owners Group
An owner’s group has been set up in Costa Esuri.
The Owner’s Group proposes to represent owners from all areas in Costa Esuri, from individual apartments, townhouses, plots and villas alike.

Becoming involved with the Costa Esuri Owner’s group will necessitate an opt in submission process.
Simply send your name, email address and Costa Esuri address to :
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

Arthur
Hi A B C

Thought it was probably you. You already have our details.

Steve
Steve and Pat is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:59 am
  #7  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by A.B.C
Costa Esuri Owners Group
An owner’s group has been set up in Costa Esuri.
The Owner’s Group proposes to represent owners from all areas in Costa Esuri, from individual apartments, townhouses, plots and villas alike.

Initially, the Owners Group will endeavour to offer a voice for property owners who are interested in the Costa Esuri EUC.

With regard to the Costa Esuri EUC, in the past twelve months as well as having many discussions with co-owners, I have had meetings with the mayor of Ayamonte; the EUC Administrators and the Fadesa representatives on the board.
I have also attended most of the meetings which have taken place; including the recent AGM which was held on February 5th ’10 at Casa Grande, Ayamonte.

During this time many Costa Esuri property owners have asked for a residency group to work together on the issues which affect us all on Costa Esuri.

There are many nationalities owning properties on Costa Esuri, to name but a few - Spanish, Irish, Portuguese, British, Danish, German, Chinese, Japanese and many more.

The objective of the owners group is to create a strong voice for those who feel they are not being represented or feel their voice is not being heard.
By getting together with other owners, an owner’s group will have a stronger standpoint. Many voices are better than one.

In the first instance the group will run on an informal basis with email correspondence for question and answer; updates of any gathered information; meeting reports etc.

When the group has the required amount of members we aim to formalise the group when we will establish our own constitution, aims, objectives and so on.
We are also in the process of setting up a blog page where information will be posted.

Becoming involved with the Costa Esuri Owner’s group will necessitate an opt in submission process.
Simply send your name, email address and Costa Esuri address to :
c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m

Arthur

Hi Arthur

Please can you let us know 1) what roughly the 'required number' is please in order to formalise the group and if then 2) it will have legal powers as well.

Also please, 3) what is an 'opt in submission process' - is it just registering an email or something more. Sorry I dont understand.

An owners group is essential I believe and something I hope a majority of people will support - thanks Arthur for setting it up

Regards
Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:12 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi A B C

Thought it was probably you. You already have our details.

Steve
Hello Steve and Pat, thank you for your message.
Unfortunately I can't locate your email address in my mailing list - I probably have it listed under your surname or manzana+house number.
Could you send me an email to : c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
Arthur

Last edited by A.B.C; Feb 21st 2010 at 10:16 pm. Reason: typo on email address
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:24 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Hello Jon, thank you for your message. In order to show your interest in the Costa Esuri Owners Group, would you send an email to : c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
At the moment I am gathering data and will respond to members as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest. Arthur

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Arthur

Please can you let us know 1) what roughly the 'required number' is please in order to formalise the group and if then 2) it will have legal powers as well.

Also please, 3) what is an 'opt in submission process' - is it just registering an email or something more. Sorry I dont understand.

An owners group is essential I believe and something I hope a majority of people will support - thanks Arthur for setting it up

Regards
Jon
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:32 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Hello John, thank you for your support and suggestions. In order to show your interest in the Costa Esuri Owners Group, would you
send an email to : c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
At the moment I am gathering data and will respond to members as soon as possible.
Regards Arthur

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Arthur,
Can I say that I fully support what you are doing anything that pushes the Mayor the EUC and MF in the right direction has my vote. However Might I make a small suggestion: -

Could the name be changed to Costa Esuri Residents Group my reasons are that there are now many people and soon there will be many who do not own but are long term residents. These people would suport many of the same objectives as the owners a couple of examples are aregular bus service to town and the continuing clearance of rubbish from the vacent Parcellas (this has happened on a few but many more need attention).

Regards,

John.
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:36 pm
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Hello Jonathan, thank you for your advice.
Arthur

Originally Posted by Reptonian
We looked at this for Las Encinas when we were still looking to put pressure on FM concerning the lower standard of finish outside (amongst other things - concreted roads and carparks and no planted areas) compared to the much better finish on Rago 2.

Our abogado advised that this was the only real legal method of applying pressure. But it has to be done properly = legally registered etc.

It is definitely the way forward, and I would suggest advice is sought from one (or more) good Spanish Abogados - there are many posts on this subject on the Forum (I like that term as well). SL may also wish to comment.

Jonathan
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:32 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
A.B.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

“Dear Owners,
Just over a year ago I was heavily involved in trying to bring awareness to the owners of Costa Esuri, of what I considered to be some infringements on our rights. I developed a large email base and was able to send information out as I found it. Unfortunately my actions provoked a negative response by a few people. I soon realised that unless people's view point changed I would be whistling in the wind, and with me not having been trained in the Spanish legal system, would not be able to reinforce my findings with professional credentials. So I took a step back to reconsider my plans.

Thanks to Spanish Lawyer (on the BritishExpats forum) the mood seemed to take a turn and members began to question the validity of the EUC. So I thought it would be a good time to get involved again by announcing the Owners Group.

When I started the Owners Group, I thought it would be a good opportunity for owners to unite and make a stand and not be railroaded by the EUC board.

Then in a response to the Owners Group another group is being formed, the Residents Association.

Hopefully both groups will have a common purpose and in that way we will be able to come together at EUC meetings.

An early division at this stage seems counterproductive and it might have been a better option for all owners to come together.
Although if the aims and intentions are the same, then surely the disparity is simply in method and not in objective.

Having a variety of groups with the same objectives can only be a good thing for Costa Esuri; after all we live in a democratic society and with that have freedom of choice.

I recommend people get involved and join the groups.

I will continue to work with the Costa Esuri Owners Group so please drop an email if you're interested in getting involved.

c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
regards Arthur
A.B.C is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:34 am
  #13  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by A.B.C
“Dear Owners,
Just over a year ago I was heavily involved in trying to bring awareness to the owners of Costa Esuri, of what I considered to be some infringements on our rights. I developed a large email base and was able to send information out as I found it. Unfortunately my actions provoked a negative response by a few people. I soon realised that unless people's view point changed I would be whistling in the wind, and with me not having been trained in the Spanish legal system, would not be able to reinforce my findings with professional credentials. So I took a step back to reconsider my plans.

Thanks to Spanish Lawyer (on the BritishExpats forum) the mood seemed to take a turn and members began to question the validity of the EUC. So I thought it would be a good time to get involved again by announcing the Owners Group.

When I started the Owners Group, I thought it would be a good opportunity for owners to unite and make a stand and not be railroaded by the EUC board.

Then in a response to the Owners Group another group is being formed, the Residents Association.

Hopefully both groups will have a common purpose and in that way we will be able to come together at EUC meetings.

An early division at this stage seems counterproductive and it might have been a better option for all owners to come together.
Although if the aims and intentions are the same, then surely the disparity is simply in method and not in objective.

Having a variety of groups with the same objectives can only be a good thing for Costa Esuri; after all we live in a democratic society and with that have freedom of choice.

I recommend people get involved and join the groups.

I will continue to work with the Costa Esuri Owners Group so please drop an email if you're interested in getting involved.

c o s t a e s u r i @ y m a i l . c o m
regards Arthur
Excellent post, Arthur. Thanks.

We dont need discord here when there is SO MUCH in common across the residents of CE... and when there never was a problem in the first place!

I dont know enough, yet, about the Residents Association - but I think they've met before in May - and the next meeting is 25 March, where they will discuss a more formalised organisation. See the details below that Ive quoted from the EUC thread.

Thanks for showing us that you are happy that people get involved, in either group.

All the best
Jon


Originally Posted by John & Kath
An informal group of long term residents were discussing the problems still current on CE and what the Ayuntamiento and/or the EUC should be doing about them.

The conclusion was that the residents should form a properly constituted Residents Association with the rules and constitution agreed at a first meeting open to all those owning or living long term on Costa Esuri. That a Board and officers should be elected and would then be able to represent the views of those present to the EUC and Ayauntamiento.
It was also recognised that many owners would not be able to attend either the first meeting or worse other meetings that may result from the formation. To counter this and for the best communication for long distance owners it was agreed that to be viable this association should embrace IT from the outset with email, web and blog communication to the fore. To that end the assistance of any resident who is skilled in setting up such comms would be welcomed.

In order to get things going asap the first meeting has been called for: -

Thursday 25th March at 18.30 in the golf clubhouse
.

Everyone will be most welcome, best regards
John.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:31 am
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
EsuriJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Puente Esuri
Posts: 6,902
EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

All members and officers of the Owners Group will be most welcome at the first meeting of the CE residents association to be held next Thursday 25th March at 19.00hrs in the Golf Clubhouse.
EsuriJohn is offline  
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:29 am
  #15  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Owners Group

Originally Posted by John & Kath
All members and officers of the Owners Group will be most welcome at the first meeting of the CE residents association to be held next Thursday 25th March at 19.00hrs in the Golf Clubhouse.
John and Kath are having some computer problems and asked me to post the 2 documents, the 'draft statutes' for the RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION.

He sent them to me from Microsoft Works... which isnt accepted for upload and I converted them to Microsoft Word -see below

Good luck for the first meeting - looking forward to hearing all about it

Jon
Attached Files
File Type: doc
RA (English).doc (55.5 KB, 229 views)
Jon-Bxl is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.