Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Hi all.
I know it's a bit late but a Happy New Year to everyone
My wife and i tried the bus to Ayamonte on Tues morning.It was spot on for timing .We got on just before the roundabout were you turn left to go up the hill to the shop.It was a very pleasant trip round Costa Esuri.Not only that it was lovely and warm on the bus.Well worth the 1 euros each way.We had a couple of hours in Ayamonte.A cup of coffee and cake,a walk around,and back for the 1pm bus for the return trip.
The only downside was on the way down to Ayamonte we were the only people on the bus.Although coming back there was about 12 people.
I do hope fellow Esurians do support this bus service as C.E.R.A have worked very hard for this service.We shall certainly use it.
Go on give it a go
Old Jan 16th 2015, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Originally Posted by harry-jac
Hi all.
My wife and i tried the bus to Ayamonte on Tues morning.It was spot on for timing .We got on just before the roundabout were you turn left to go up the hill to the shop.It was a very pleasant trip round Costa Esuri.Not only that it was lovely and warm on the bus.Well worth the 1 euros each way.We had a couple of hours in Ayamonte.A cup of coffee and cake,a walk around,and back for the 1pm bus for the return trip.
The only downside was on the way down to Ayamonte we were the only people on the bus.Although coming back there was about 12 people.
I do hope fellow Esurians do support this bus service as C.E.R.A have worked very hard for this service.We shall certainly use it.
Go on give it a go
Thank you Harry! It is early days yet and there are no proper bus stops displayed yet. I shall pass your felicitations on to our President who has worked so hard on this.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by harry-jac
Hi all.
Go on give it a go

We also used the service,last wednesday,got on outside the shop,stayed on till the bus station,great trip,and a really good vantage point,you see lots more being on the bus and a lot higher than normal,4 of us took the trip,then walked to the ferry,over to Vila Real few drinks and a meal,great day out,but as stated,only us 4 plus one other got on??.

Ken.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

Last Friday morning we decided to take advantage of the new bus service into Ayamonte, catching the bus outside the Lomas shop. A problem we faced was that we were unsure as to where we were expected to wait; in the end we decided to wait on the roadside opposite the shop. To our amazement we were the only two passengers on this large, high-quality bus all the way into town. This was the 10.45h Friday morning bus! A fare of 1euro per person.
On our return journey, departing Ayamonte at 13.00h, there were four passengers on the bus. We were also confused because the bus did not follow what we assumed to be the scheduled route, ie Vista Esuri, Albatross Golf, Jara, Colinas etc , but turned up at the roundabout leading up to the Lomas shop.
Our worry, like other earlier posters, is that now we have this new bus service, it really would be a pity to lose it because of under use.
We shall definitely use the service again but unfortunately are not permanently resident in Esuri.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
Last Friday morning we decided to take advantage of the new bus service into Ayamonte, catching the bus outside the Lomas shop. A problem we faced was that we were unsure as to where we were expected to wait; in the end we decided to wait on the roadside opposite the shop. To our amazement we were the only two passengers on this large, high-quality bus all the way into town. This was the 10.45h Friday morning bus! A fare of 1euro per person.
On our return journey, departing Ayamonte at 13.00h, there were four passengers on the bus. We were also confused because the bus did not follow what we assumed to be the scheduled route, ie Vista Esuri, Albatross Golf, Jara, Colinas etc , but turned up at the roundabout leading up to the Lomas shop.
Our worry, like other earlier posters, is that now we have this new bus service, it really would be a pity to lose it because of under use.
We shall definitely use the service again but unfortunately are not permanently resident in Esuri.
CERA have asked the Ayuntaminto to erect bus stops but in the interim I have gone round the route and marked the aprox stop position by a yellow roundal in paint sprayed on the kerb. You were absolutely correct on where to wait at the shop, the roundal is just north of the bins opposite the bottom of the shop steps. I am working on a breakdown of the timetable to give an approximate time at each major location such as the shop, La Jara, Las Colinas etc.

We have also become aware that the buses do some strange things, for instance one bus at the end of its journey to CE does not return to Ayamonte but heads off to Huelva. This might be useful for some in the future but we will need to work on the greater detail as we get more used to the grand plan.

Also where possible I have tried to place the yellow roundal at the kerb opposite a bench next to a lamp post. This can be done at Marina Esuri, Vista Esuri, Albatross etc. but not everywhere.

As we get more detail things will be improved on the information front but this is not going to happen overnight. The more that use the bus the better chance we have of improvements and continuity.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Further to previous posting, forgot to say that in speaking to neighbours gained the impression that wider publicity, other than Expats and CERA, might lead or encourage greater usage of the bus service.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks John for explaining the present situation.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it worth displaying a timetable in English and Spanish in the entrance of each block?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

It would be good but it would need the Presidents to ask the Admin company or an owner to do it. I have put one in ours.

If you need one click my signature panel below and you will find the times on the newsletter
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure Carmelo would put one on display in each block if u gave him 20 odd copies. We need to do everything we can to keep this bus.
I was hoping to hop on the bus wen it returned from ayamonte at 7 pm for a lift back into down for the evening for drinks/dinner, however I have heard that the bus goes directly to Huelva - can anyone confirm this? This is a pity as it would a)discourage drink driving and b) encourage people to spend money in the local area.