British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Costa Esuri MiniBus service (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/costa-esuri-minibus-service-799388/)

Frank Bourne Jun 7th 2013 9:59 am

Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Hi all of you out there. Well what I thought would happen has happened. The taxi drivers of Ayamonte have found out about my plans and are up in arms. I received my first threatening phone call this morning and they are planning to do all they can to stop me running any services for you. Either the bus service or the transfer service. So you see if anybody tries to do something here on Costa Esuri it is almost impossible. I have always said I want to do this legally and have always said that I am not a Taxi company and do not want to be one. All I am doing is trying to offer you services that you have right to and at affordable prices. I still so far have my appointments at the town hall on the 17th of June with the Mayor and the responsible person for transport and tourism. I will see if this goes through or if the taxi drivers have enough power to stop the Mayor talking to me anymore. The project needs your support now more than ever if we want this to go through. If you want to support the project please mail to me private and I will take your letters of support with me.
I am very sorry that it has had to turn out to be a war with the taxi drivers of Ayamonte as that is what I have tried to avoid.
I look forward to hearing from you, [email protected] :(

mikelincs Jun 7th 2013 11:02 am

Re: Costa Esuri MiniBus service

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne (Post 10745347)
Hi all of you out there. Well what I thought would happen has happened. The taxi drivers of Ayamonte have found out about my plans and are up in arms. I received my first threatening phone call this morning and they are planning to do all they can to stop me running any services for you. Either the bus service or the transfer service. So you see if anybody tries to do something here on Costa Esuri it is almost impossible. I have always said I want to do this legally and have always said that I am not a Taxi company and do not want to be one. All I am doing is trying to offer you services that you have right to and at affordable prices. I still so far have my appointments at the town hall on the 17th of June with the Mayor and the responsible person for transport and tourism. I will see if this goes through or if the taxi drivers have enough power to stop the Mayor talking to me anymore. The project needs your support now more than ever if we want this to go through. If you want to support the project please mail to me private and I will take your letters of support with me.
I am very sorry that it has had to turn out to be a war with the taxi drivers of Ayamonte as that is what I have tried to avoid.

Not a good idea to put your e mail address on a public site, you are really inviting spammers. People wishing to e mail you can always do so from your profile.

I suspect that your idea was always going to upset the taxi drivers as they are extremely protective of their livelihood, and are always looking to stop anyone who, they perceive' would take business from them. I suspect your idea will be very difficult to et off the ground UNLESS, you have very good contacts or family at the town hall. Many of the taxi drivers will have very good contacts and/or family there or on the local council.

Philwren Jun 7th 2013 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Frank Bourne (Post 10745347)

The trouble is you have already advertised your service and unless you are licensed it is totally illegal!! All the licenses in town for the taxi drivers are for 4 passengers only and you have advertised as for 5 people....on an airport transfer! That's clearly going to bother the taxi drivers. From what I understand a Taxi License can cost in excess of 30´000euros plus their car their tax their fuel their insurance... and they have to sit exams and get special permission by the town hall for many things and follow numerous laws set by the government ... so its no wonder when someone comes along and has not gone through that system and that expense that the legal Taxi drivers will try and stop it!! Personally I don't blame them

Its actually down to the town hall who we all pay our taxes to set up a buss service from Esuri not someone who is trying to run an illegal service!!

On the other hand I read you want to charge 5 euros per person from esuri to town....the taxi drivers charge 10 euros for up to 4 people and turn up when you call them....you do the maths!! its better and cheaper to take a taxi!

Philwren Jun 7th 2013 5:07 pm

The trouble is you have already advertised your service and unless you are licensed it is totally illegal!! All the licenses in town for the taxi drivers are for 4 passengers only and you have advertised as for 5 people....on an airport transfer! That's clearly going to bother the taxi drivers. From what I understand a Taxi License can cost in excess of 30´000euros plus their car their tax their fuel their insurance... and they have to sit exams and get special permission by the town hall for many things and follow numerous laws set by the government ... so its no wonder when someone comes along and has not gone through that system and that expense that the legal Taxi drivers will try and stop it!! Personally I don't blame them

Its actually down to the town hall who we all pay our taxes to set up a buss service from Esuri not someone who is trying to run an illegal service!!

On the other hand I read you want to charge 5 euros per person from esuri to town....the taxi drivers charge 10 euros for up to 4 people and turn up when you call them....you do the maths!! its better and cheaper to take a taxi!

Frank Bourne Jun 7th 2013 5:29 pm

If I need to do my maths then you should learn to read the price would be 3 euro
Also like I have mentioned before if every body is so bothered about the taxi drivers then why has nobody done it themselves. You seem to be another person who it does interest how the residents get into town. Also if the town does not supply the service then it is up to people like me to try to do something. Any way you should get your facts together first. I have asked for support from the residents because it is my intention to run this bus service legally why else should I have the appointment with the Mayor and his transport and tourism assistant.

Philwren Jun 7th 2013 5:47 pm

Touchy....... with that kind of attitude I cant see you getting many customers..... you should have gone about thing in the right way get the license then advertise, somehow I feel you have no chance of getting anywhere.... good luck thought because your gonna need it lol

Frank Bourne Jun 7th 2013 5:59 pm

I do not have an attitude but I can get a bit annoyed when people do not see what I am trying to get across. I have never wanted to have trouble with the taxi drivers. If you had followed all the threads so far you would see that I have always said that I am not a taxi and do not want to be one. For the bus service it is intended to be a private service for residents and guests only, and it would run at regular times. for those residents wanting to have special trips or wanting to go out for the night then they should still use the local taxis. As for the transfer trips ( if that starts up) if they are ripping the residents off with their prices then it is no wonder that other people come along as competitors.

Philwren Jun 7th 2013 6:18 pm

I dont see how 68 euros (that is what I pay) is ripping anyone off its cost around 20 in fuel and 10 in tolls, so making 38 euros and that dont take in to account their insurance tax etc

EMR Jun 7th 2013 6:40 pm

The GNR at Faro are now redhot on uregulated and unlicensed transfer companies. You may find that you face the same problems there with local companies .

Whitehill girl Jun 7th 2013 7:49 pm

Totally agree with EMR about checks at Faro but I really feel that the comments from Esuriboy should be taken into account and not criticised because I too was given to understand that the minibus fare would be 5 euro each too. You need to look and see where this figure has coming from. Also, some of us on Esuri have been aware of unregulated/unlicensed transfers/'private hire' in the past so don't blame us for being cautious.

Kath Las Colinas Jun 7th 2013 7:51 pm

If there were a legitimate bus service in CE, we would use it. We aren't permanent residents but try to get out 6 or 7 times a year and if we could get around using public transport instead of a car, we would. We would even be interested in using it just to get to the golf club as it takes over 30 mins to walk there.
Kath

Whitehill girl Jun 7th 2013 7:56 pm

I totally agree with you Kath but it has to be legal and sanctioned by the Town Hall and I've been told that they don't acknowledge 'Private Hire' only 'Taxi'.

I think its time that the Town Hall provided a bus service for us here on Esuri because I need this service too.

Philwren Jun 7th 2013 8:03 pm

Agreed a buss service would be a good idea we could all use it from time to time but it should be a licensed and fully insured to carry passengers otherwise its to dangerous and we would be better to use a taxi they are not so expensive. I would guess you could get a taxi to the golf club

Frank Bourne Jun 7th 2013 8:45 pm

If I get the service operational it will be licensed (thats why I am having the meeting with the Mayor in the town hall) and it will be fully insured.
I dont understand why people think that I am trying to do these things illegally.
I will not be starting until all legal matters are sorted. Sometimes I really think some people do not want any improvements in Costa Esuri. How will Ce ever get any investors with this type of attitude.
Come on lets all stick together and think POSITIVE

Whitehill girl Jun 7th 2013 8:50 pm

I DO think positive all the time but I've been here a really long time - well before Esuri - and know how difficult things can be to get things done/legalised and finalised before you can run a business/service.