Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Old Sep 30th 2022, 4:30 pm
  #91  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 30
teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Thought I would pass this on. After Priinet, tried meo. No good for me on Lomas, very poor signal using a portable mifi. Just bought from the UK a Huwei router. Used it with a sim from tescos, worked perfectly. In carrefour yesterday, bought an unlimited sim card, 25euros a month. On the Digi network. Best thing ever. Perfect reception and a very strong signal on the Digi / Moviestar network. Would recommend. No more buffering! Anybody want to buy the ZTE MF920U LTE Ufi originally bought from Meo in Portugal, with a sim card, with about 10 days left on it. PM me.
teflon is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2022, 4:41 pm
  #92  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Scotland/Marina Esuri/Baku
Posts: 112
MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Jon-Bxl,
FYI, I got my payment advice this morning from Prinet, for the month of April, still no mention of disconnecting the service. As they are charging me for April, then the service is going to be available at least for another month.
Mary
Jon-Bxl, Priinet have just at the start of the week contacted me re: disconnecting the aerials, which they say will happen at the end of the year. I certainly got a lot more months out of it, lol.
Now to fathom out the best option going forward, I would certainly prefer not to be paying Priinet all year round if I can avoid it. What are people finding works best?
Mary.
MKABZ is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2022, 6:23 pm
  #93  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: London
Posts: 28
pt1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by teflon
Thought I would pass this on. After Priinet, tried meo. No good for me on Lomas, very poor signal using a portable mifi. Just bought from the UK a Huwei router. Used it with a sim from tescos, worked perfectly. In carrefour yesterday, bought an unlimited sim card, 25euros a month. On the Digi network. Best thing ever. Perfect reception and a very strong signal on the Digi / Moviestar network. Would recommend. No more buffering! Anybody want to buy the ZTE MF920U LTE Ufi originally bought from Meo in Portugal, with a sim card, with about 10 days left on it. PM me.
Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about your unsuccessful Meo experience in Lomas where our house is as well. A couple of follow up questions if you don’t mind:
How easy / difficult was it to discontinue Priinet - did you need to give them a month’s notice and can this be done even if you are not there to return the router?
Did you purchase the Digi sim over the counter from Carrefour in Cartaya, was it a Payg sim and can you just top as and when you need the data? We only visit twice a year so this would work perfectly for us.
Thanks in advance.
pt1188 is offline  
Old Sep 30th 2022, 7:37 pm
  #94  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 465
keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Hi Teflon, Regarding the Huawai router could we have the exact model number please.
Thx.... Keith
keithBT is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2022, 8:06 am
  #95  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Jon-Bxl, Priinet have just at the start of the week contacted me re: disconnecting the aerials, which they say will happen at the end of the year. I certainly got a lot more months out of it, lol.
Now to fathom out the best option going forward, I would certainly prefer not to be paying Priinet all year round if I can avoid it. What are people finding works best?
Mary.
Hi Mary
If you've followed this thread, you will see 2 main options for our kind of usage (non resident)

These are MEO and Digi using the mobile phone network and a router that accepts a SIM to give you a similar experience. You can also put the SIM in your phone and make it a hotspot .. but I personally think that the router gives the best option. You also pay zero for the 'away months' so it should end up being cheaper than Priinet even with the router purchase.

Ive had it with Priinet, they are not paying me the €20 deposit (that I am sure we all paid). They simply ignore mails. I kept the actual contract paperwork and posted contractual text (also translated into English) several posts ago. Im sure the same wording was used for all....

Don't forget to demand your deposit.... But dont hold your breath. The deposit should be paid back even if you switch to fibre, if so carefully check the new wording.

Good luck scrolling this thread, e.g the recent post re Digi. And the earlier re MEO. Note that MEO seems to work well in ME not so well in Lomas. Digi works in Lomas .. but I dont know how well it works in ME.

Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2022, 1:40 pm
  #96  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2020
Location: Valencia
Posts: 499
SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mary
If you've followed this thread, you will see 2 main options for our kind of usage (non resident)

These are MEO and Digi using the mobile phone network and a router that accepts a SIM to give you a similar experience. You can also put the SIM in your phone and make it a hotspot .. but I personally think that the router gives the best option. You also pay zero for the 'away months' so it should end up being cheaper than Priinet even with the router purchase.

Ive had it with Priinet, they are not paying me the €20 deposit (that I am sure we all paid). They simply ignore mails. I kept the actual contract paperwork and posted contractual text (also translated into English) several posts ago. Im sure the same wording was used for all....

Don't forget to demand your deposit.... But dont hold your breath. The deposit should be paid back even if you switch to fibre, if so carefully check the new wording.

Good luck scrolling this thread, e.g the recent post re Digi. And the earlier re MEO. Note that MEO seems to work well in ME not so well in Lomas. Digi works in Lomas .. but I dont know how well it works in ME.

Jon
In case anyone takes the Digi hot spotting route, which would work well for occasional visits, screenshot the apn settings before you cross over to Portugal. Or anywhere for that matter. Every time I go away I have to reset it
SanNico is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2023, 10:20 am
  #97  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

UPDATE: Firstly THANK YOU for all the contributions on this thread, that really helped me out. So I thought Id give you the result!

I Installed my MEO SIM (unlimited data) in a new router I bought I shopped around Amazons various EU locations and got a great deal on a 'powerful' TP-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 Cat6 router for 103€ from Germany. Its already easily paid for itself by my non payments to Priinet! I often shop around Amazon sites to get better deals and free postage can apply x-borders.

I bought the free SIM in the MEO shop in VRSA mentioned in the thread. You just pay for the first usage.

I am amazed by the internet performance (so far) and this router has enough punch to go upstairs as well. Its significantly faster/better than Priinets old wireless offering. It should be cheaper as well for us non-residents. I'm glad to be shot of Priinet!!

More details on this post and the various discussions.

Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Note that the price has gone up since this post (see the embedded link).

I cant guarantee that you will have the same performance (we are in Marina Esuri), others in ME are also getting good performance.

I did a simple test previously. I forced my mobile to connect to MEO in settings. I used this speedtest... The best one for my usage
www.testmy.net

it sends a package of data and times it once completely up/down loaded. Use say a 25mb packet... If you get a good speed on a phone .. you should on a specialised router with antennas etc. Or anyway I think it gives a good head's-up.

I can confirm that the router is more 'powerful' - faster than my phone.

I am a very happy bunny! (So far) lets hope it works well in the long term, and if not there is another option Digi mentioned on this thread

Jon
PS I heard that Priinet was taken over ....




[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 6th 2023 at 10:27 am.
Jon-Bxl is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.