Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Old Feb 9th 2022, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by keithBT
Thanks to all for advice, especially Jon-bxi who as always is a mind of useful info. Can't wait to get back out. Two weeks and counting !! Oh , plus no more pcr/ antigen test to enter PT. Yippee .
Hi Keith,
This is off topic but your post above is fortuitous, as my reason for coming on to the site today was looking to confirm or not my understanding of the current travel requirements. I was looking to clarify or otherwise that flying in to Faro from the UK only requires vaccine certification (NHS) and not any testing required before leaving the UK. I am not coming out until next month, so hoping all requirements have gone by then.
Mary.
Old Feb 10th 2022, 5:58 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Hi Keith,
This is off topic but your post above is fortuitous, as my reason for coming on to the site today was looking to confirm or not my understanding of the current travel requirements. I was looking to clarify or otherwise that flying in to Faro from the UK only requires vaccine certification (NHS) and not any testing required before leaving the UK. I am not coming out until next month, so hoping all requirements have gone by then.
Mary.
Hi Mary,

Perhaps this discussion would help on the PT sub-forum...

Good news re flying to PT

I strongly recommend that you check the border controls coming to PT then ES, and vice versa going back up to UK entry requirements. Right up to the leaving dates. We've seen how things can change at a drop of a hat! Also to only use the official sites.

However the 'tea leaves' look good, Sweden has reversed all the Covid restrictions, UK has made a big step by getting rid of testing for fully vaxxed travellers from Friday... Probably all other countries are reconsidering their rules.

To bring it ... You'll need a good internet connection to check it all out for your return journey, this thread covers some great options!

Safe travels
Jon
Old Feb 10th 2022, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply Jon. I shall have a look at the thread, I did spend a lot of time yesterday looking in to various websites and quite happy it is as I thought. Do intend to keep an eye out until I come out, of course. Good news for the english people too, just need Nicola to get on board but she is rather busy cutting the bottom off classroom doors.
On topic, no issues with internet as I keep the Priinet, 20 euro/month package going, when it is working of course, lol.
Mary.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour in Marina Esuri just had an email from priinet saying that they are withdrawing their Wimax offer and switching to fibre only.
Before priinet we used the MEO dongle in a mobile router but the signal was not that good. Of course it was 3G the so things have probably improved since then.
It would be great if priinet offered a standby option but I have a feeling that the market for permanent and Spanish residents is much bigger than the Brit itinerant market. It would be very interesting if anybody has asked Jorge.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by SanNico
Take a look at Digi mobile. You can either stick the card in a dongle, 4g router or just hot spot from the phone. There's no contract so you can switch on and off as you please. DIGI, the advantages of going for free | Mobile (digimobil.es)
Presuming you mean thier 25 euro a month Todo offer it is available ONLY on a contract chargeable in arrears. However as it is sin permanencia theoretically you can cancel it one month and recontract it another month.

I have had a Todo account since they launched it last year. It includes "unlimited" gigas, national and international calls. Importantly, for me and I guess most here, they say they don't throttle and I certainly haven't noticed them going so.

I try on this forum never to recommend any product or service unless free but I will say after 3 monthes of use I have designed systems for at least 7 others based on the Todo offer mainly in semi rural or extremely rural areas around this area with no fibre access or for holiday home owners with fibre access.

Best
Loco

​​​​

Old Feb 11th 2022, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by bob_bob
If you have a good 4G or 5G signal I'd be tempted go with an unlimited data sim card and use your phone as a hotspot for your TV to connect from wifi, it could be a good option for you for 12 weeks a year.
Agreed but be aware of you a Netflix Gorger, or for that matter many other streaming services, and cast to a HD or 4K TV in the vast majority of cases you will only get 480/520 SD at best, if your phone has Widevine L1 software 720 HD at best and never 4K/ultra unless you have certain models with new hardware ( I think some Samsung models now have them ) and a TV at 60Hz.

Much the same applies when using a tablet or laptop.

Does it matter ? Not really esp if you are over 40ish.

From a distance, it is virtually impossible to tell the difference in quality between a HD and a 4K screen. However, if you have a big enough screen, in a small enough room the difference is apparent. Even if you have a large room, if you sit close enough to the screen you can see the difference.

Best
Loco
​​

Old Mar 11th 2022, 7:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Priinets old system will soon go, and be replaced by fibre, with no non-usage pricing. Its no surprise I think as we've discussed on this thread. I can even understand that they need to move on to (hopefully) a single, more technologically updated offer.

Here is a mail I just opened from them below. It gives further details for residents of our area. Obviously I have no commercial connection with the company and may well kill off my contract, if the recent options mentioned here work in our home:

Jon

On the other hand, we inform you that the company is removing the aerials and we are changing all the customers to optic fiber that is already available in your residential Area.
The technology you have currently is so old and the company is not going to continue with both technologies.
In some months, the system you have won't continue working.
The conditions of the optic fiber are the next:
Free installation with 12 months of permanence.The optic fiber doesn't allow you to deactivate your connection when you don't need it.
We have two different rates depending on the speed:
300Mb per 24'20€
600Mb per 29'90€
Please, when you are here, contact with us to concrete an appointmet to make the change to continue with our services.
We are waiting for your reply.
Best Wishes.
Old Mar 11th 2022, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Costa Esuri Internet (PRIINET) options

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi
Priinets old system will soon go, and be replaced by fibre, with no non-usage pricing. Its no surprise I think as we've discussed on this thread. I can even understand that they need to move on to (hopefully) a single, more technologically updated offer.

Here is a mail I just opened from them below. It gives further details for residents of our area. Obviously I have no commercial connection with the company and may well kill off my contract, if the recent options mentioned here work in our home:

Jon

On the other hand, we inform you that the company is removing the aerials and we are changing all the customers to optic fiber that is already available in your residential Area.
The technology you have currently is so old and the company is not going to continue with both technologies.
In some months, the system you have won't continue working.
The conditions of the optic fiber are the next:
Free installation with 12 months of permanence.The optic fiber doesn't allow you to deactivate your connection when you don't need it.
We have two different rates depending on the speed:
300Mb per 24'20€
600Mb per 29'90€
Please, when you are here, contact with us to concrete an appointmet to make the change to continue with our services.
We are waiting for your reply.
Best Wishes.
I haven't yet received an email from them about this, no doubt I will soon. Something else going up in price along with everything else at the moment. The appeal of moving to a desert island is increasing by the day.
Mary
Old Mar 11th 2022, 4:38 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MKABZ
I haven't yet received an email from them about this, no doubt I will soon. Something else going up in price along with everything else at the moment. The appeal of moving to a desert island is increasing by the day.
Mary
Yes Ive had a big shock re car rental. Ive always prided myself on getting a great deal, but I was gobsmacked this time!! OK Easter is 'high season' but Ive never paid so much !!

Its not the best 'new normal' !!

Jon
Old Mar 11th 2022, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jon,
I have found the same with the car hire, even for my out of peak time hires, it is so much more expensive just now. I am hoping that the prices will settle down again once the car hire companies increase the number of available cars and get busier. Otherwise we may have to look at buying a car, which really has its own issues and I would rather not do so, assuming of course we can all continue to afford the price of petrol.

Mary.
Old Mar 13th 2022, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

So for most here with properties on Costa Esuri that are not occupied for much of the year it is obvious :

Drop Priinet and go with the better 4G offers.

Over a year 2 visits of up to 30 days per visit will cost you 50 E plus you will get "unlimited" national and international calls.

It's a no brainer.

Best
Loco

Old Mar 13th 2022, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
So for most here with properties on Costa Esuri that are not occupied for much of the year it is obvious :

Drop Priinet and go with the better 4G offers.

Over a year 2 visits of up to 30 days per visit will cost you 50 E plus you will get "unlimited" national and international calls.

It's a no brainer.

Best
Loco
I'm based in the UK but a 'frequent tourist' and I'd say 4g in Spain on average is better than the UK, certainly better than Wales. Loco, press the Ctrl, Alt and 4 and you get € symbol
Old Mar 13th 2022, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

I am on Esuri and get my wifi from Priinet but don’t get out too often. Can you steer me towards some 4g providers.

Thanks

John
Old Mar 14th 2022, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jean&john
I am on Esuri and get my wifi from Priinet but don’t get out too often. Can you steer me towards some 4g providers.

Thanks

John
If you scroll up there are a few listed. Assuming Movistar have coverage down there I would recommend Digi. No contract and you can get 100GB for 20 Euro per month. DIGI, the advantages of going for free | Mobile (digimobil.es). I've only called them once and the agent spoke English (they're a Romanian company so their language levels are excellent) but you can do everything online. Their app is good and simple to use.
Old Mar 14th 2022, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Loco, press the Ctrl, Alt and 4 and you get € symbol
Thanks but I operate solely on a smartphone so it won't work and I am too lazy to long press or change my keyboard language to get the € symbol when posting in English

Best
Loco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.