Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:41 pm
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Does anyone who uses this site and is based in spain have a local contact for UPVC Patio doors similar to the one`s in the showhouse,I am looking to get a quote to change the wooden ones now supplied back to original spec so not to loose any space.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! Buenos dias!
I thought I'd resurrect this thread about the duplexes once more, and copy & paste this post:

Hola to all you marineros esurianos,
I had my binoculars fixed to the Guadiana last week as the rain continued to pour from the heavens. One of the friendly Fadesa chaps we met said it was unheard of for him to NOT be able to ride his scooter for 5 days in a row! And counting... So, for those of you who remained at home, you missed a thorough drenching.
In between showers, I wandered the streets of Marina Esuri, being nosey, as is my want...
I discovered (others may know this already) that the telecommunications box - which had originally been sited on the top terraces of the end duplexes within each bloque - had been lowered to the top of the stairwell. It is recessed into the dead space of the stairwell, and will be enclosed with the same render as the walls. The red electrical tubing is hidden, too. I saw this at manzana 1 (one of the last to complete, strangely enough). Of course, I am one of the duplex owners who has this lovely box on view from my utility window. However, it's a toss up: view of stairwell or plastic box? I'm not tearing my hairout over this one. Perhaps one day the comunidad will allow me to paint this box with a Picasso like display, or use that sticky stuff people use to camouflage their wheelie bins!!!LOL
The top terrace at our place (manzana 4) is still awaiting the fitting of the terrace floor tiles (lozos?). With the weather being as it has been, a tarpaulin had to be put in place when a leak sprung from our kitchen ceiling. Fadesa came out within 5 minutes - well done! Ah, the joys of a new place!
I had a look around the gardens and must say I do think the place has a lovely feel to it. Imagine it when the sun is shining! Our pool looked beautifully clean and inviting, but, with the wind and rain, no chance. Even "macho" umbrella took some beating!
Mossies were out and about. SSS worked for me, but not for John. Heyho...
I noticed that in the car park between man. 6 & 7 there was a supply of what I believe will be aircon box covers. I saw in man. 1 &2 some covers (like louvres). I don't know if this will be same for all over the marina esuri.
That's enough for now, sorry to go on for so long...
Carol
Hi Carol,

We have just returned from CE with some issues over the large rear terrace. Can you send me a PM with your email and telephone number as I would be interested in haveing a conversation.

Regards

John
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: PM'd.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:46 pm
East Yorkshire

Hi Carol,during the heavy rain was there any problems with the rain coming of the soil and into the pool as had been reported earlier ?
Regards
Gary
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary,
The heavy rains were back in October, and from what I could see around us on the Marina Esuri, the pool areas were clean. Manzana 4 garden is flat, with a slight incline towards the river. The rainwater flowed along the pathways. However, there was a big puddle outside the parking spaces, in the middle of the road. In December's visit, John said the place was dry.
Carol
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:03 am
East Yorkshire

Thanks Carol,lets hope Manzana 2 pool also stayed clean.