Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Old May 2nd 2006, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Costa Esuri Duplex problem

Originally Posted by Loco
Karen,

In that case your "Agent" was in fact the Principal and you have no case against Fadesa as you do not have a contract with Fadesa.

You could have a case against the "agent" and my post number 30 would apply.

The problem of course is what price did your contract with them specify, were the sizes specified and what other clauses did it have.

Best
Loco
Hi Loco,

just read post 30 again, and have now properly digested the information (I think). If I am understanding correctly, we can ask The vendor (the agent) for all our money back, ie the full amount we paid. The agent would then need to ask for their money back as per the original sale amount????? We should therefore be taking action against the agent, not Fadesa?

Many thanks for your help,

Karen
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

In that case it sounds like you didn't buy the property from the "Agent" and what has happened is the "Agent" and yourselves contracted only to buy the contract they had to purchase the property from Fadesa.

I presume you mean it is the contract with Fadesa which refers to 60m2 of terraces.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi Loco,

our solicitor confirms that we do have a case against Fadesa, as we simply inherited the contract originally signed by the agent, and we inherited all the protections afforded to persons buying direct.

The contract definitely refers to us having 60m2 of terraces, and doesn't appear to have what are know as "abusive clauses".

Karen
Old May 2nd 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

In that case it sounds like you didn't buy the property from the "Agent" and what has happened is the "Agent" and yourselves contracted only to buy the contract they had to purchase the property from Fadesa.

I presume you mean it is the contract with Fadesa which refers to 60m2 of terraces.

Best
Loco
Yes Loco, our contract was with the agent, and constantly refers back to the original contract between the agent and Fadesa.

Does this mean we only still have a case against Fadesa, and can only make claim to the amount that they originally sold the property to the agent for?, ie the much much lower price than we paid?

It's very confusing......

Karen
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

amanda&charles is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Loco, our contract was with the agent, and constantly refers back to the original contract between the agent and Fadesa.

Does this mean we only still have a case against Fadesa, and can only make claim to the amount that they originally sold the property to the agent for?, ie the much much lower price than we paid?

It's very confusing......

Karen

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question for this forum....but is it possible to name names? I am curious to know who the estate agent is that buys up blocks of apartments at Fadesa and then resells them at their own inflated price.

I know that our agent was an agent of Fadesa in the true sense of the word, ie there was no mark up on their part and we paid the amount that we would have paid if we had gone to Fadesa direct. Our contract is a contract of Fadesa, not the agent.

But it would be useful to know for future reference who works as agents of Fadesa, and who acts independently.

Thanks.
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to log off, but got hooked in again...
I'm nervous about publicly naming names, maybe it should go via PM for now?
Same goes for solicitors.
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

No. It is hard to tell without seeing the paperwork but I suspect there are actually two contracts involved here.

1. The Contract to purchase the property. This was originally between the "Agent" and Fadesa. Now it is between you and Fadesa. In Law it is known as an "assignment"

2. A Contract of "assignment" between you and the "agent" for the above property.

Best

Loco

Hi Loco,

just read post 30 again, and have now properly digested the information (I think). If I am understanding correctly, we can ask The vendor (the agent) for all our money back, ie the full amount we paid. The agent would then need to ask for their money back as per the original sale amount????? We should therefore be taking action against the agent, not Fadesa?

Many thanks for your help,

Karen
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

"Conflict of interests" springs to mind. Here is where I understand why your solicitor should not be the same as the one recommended by the estate agent.
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amanda&charles
Sorry if this is an inappropriate question for this forum....but is it possible to name names? I am curious to know who the estate agent is that buys up blocks of apartments at Fadesa and then resells them at their own inflated price.

I know that our agent was an agent of Fadesa in the true sense of the word, ie there was no mark up on their part and we paid the amount that we would have paid if we had gone to Fadesa direct. Our contract is a contract of Fadesa, not the agent.

But it would be useful to know for future reference who works as agents of Fadesa, and who acts independently.

Thanks.
Sorry, I have to agree with Carol. Best not to name names on a public forum. You never know who might be watching, and I don't want any more trouble. I have more than enough.

My "agent" was though, mentioned very recently on the main CE thread, not exactly by name, but by clues.

Avoid.

Karen
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

everyday friends is an unknown quantity at this point

No. It is hard to tell without seeing the paperwork but I suspect there are actually two contracts involved here.

1. The Contract to purchase the property. This was originally between the "Agent" and Fadesa. Now it is between you and Fadesa. In Law it is known as an "assignment"

2. A Contract of "assignment" between you and the "agent" for the above property.

Best

Loco

Hi all

I have been reading with interest for about 18 months having bought a duplex. Do you know if the contract with Fadesa was signed in the UK would we have recourse under UK law.

All the best
Macca
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by everyday friends
Hi all

I have been reading with interest for about 18 months having bought a duplex. Do you know if the contract with Fadesa was signed in the UK would we have recourse under UK law.

All the best
Macca
I very much doubt it.
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:53 am
Just Joined

widgey77 is an unknown quantity at this point

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
After a meeting in the London office it has been agreed that the air-con units WILL BE REMOVED from the duplexes. A new technical team has been appointed and will inspect the site next week and come up with a solution.
Top Brass at Head Office are also very annoyed about the situation and are now doing their upmost to resolve the matter to everyones satisfaction.
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by widgey77
After a meeting in the London office it has been agreed that the air-con units WILL BE REMOVED from the duplexes. A new technical team has been appointed and will inspect the site next week and come up with a solution.
Top Brass at Head Office are also very annoyed about the situation and are now doing their upmost to resolve the matter to everyones satisfaction.
I have also been informed of this information today. i have been told that the Chairman of Fadesa has been involved and was extremely angry. I have been informed that the solution they are looking at is removing all a/c units and looking at a re-routing scenario. Obviously i am awaiting information on the making good of terraces and removal of walls etc. All in all this is good news i think.

Dean
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:21 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

BRILLIANT NEWS for all you Duplex owners - what a relief !!

Also it restores some faith for all of us in Fadesa

Well done to all those who took the action to get this response

Best Regards

Mel and John
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by widgey77
Thats great news I look forward to seeing this when we inspect.
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank goodness for that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.