Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thanks for the info on the trip Jon. About the security checks, I have never had my passport when going over to Portugal and back from Esuri but besides the alcohol checks are they also now asking for passports ?

All the best

Mel
Hi Mel, its my understanding that its a legal requirement to carry a formal identity document, such as a national ID card or passport at all times. Failure to produce either can result in a fine and at the moment there seems to be frequent checks on the bridge and the ferry terminal. Regards Bryony.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte Part 6

Hi all.
just got back from Costa Esuri after two great weeks in the warmth.
Played golf at Esuri 2 quite tough,and quite expensive(2xgolfer's + buggy 115 euros).Also played Quinta de vale near Castro Marim(95 euros 2+buggy) last Thursday with my son,and thoroughly enjoyed it.A lot of water,but the views,wild life were to die for.We were also fortunate to see a couple of large blacky grey snakes near to the water's edge.Can anyone enlighten me if they were harmless?
Regarding the high security on the bridge(Thursday) going into Portugal.We were told that they were after Spanish terrorists.Dont know how true it was?
We had a great meal at Jag's,it was our first time,and we were well looked after,thanks Jag/staff.
Thanks to all the great pics and info placed on this thread by everyone
Just wish our commercial centre was up and running,a bit of an eye sore at the moment. cya H.ps i have no connection to Jag's Place.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by harry-jac
Hi all.
just got back from Costa Esuri after two great weeks in the warmth.
Played golf at Esuri 2 quite tough,and quite expensive(2xgolfer's + buggy 115 euros).Also played Quinta de vale near Castro Marim(95 euros 2+buggy) last Thursday with my son,and thoroughly enjoyed it.A lot of water,but the views,wild life were to die for.We were also fortunate to see a couple of large blacky grey snakes near to the water's edge.Can anyone enlighten me if they were harmless?
Regarding the high security on the bridge(Thursday) going into Portugal.We were told that they were after Spanish terrorists.Dont know how true it was?
We had a great meal at Jag's,it was our first time,and we were well looked after,thanks Jag/staff.
Thanks to all the great pics and info placed on this thread by everyone
Just wish our commercial centre was up and running,a bit of an eye sore at the moment. cya H.ps i have no connection to Jag's Place.
Harry

still having trouble with your hearing? They were looking for 'tourists' not terrorists!!

Graham

Last edited by Graham G; Jun 21st 2009 at 10:22 am.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:35 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info on the trip Jon. About the security checks, I have never had my passport when going over to Portugal and back from Esuri but besides the alcohol checks are they also now asking for passports ?

All the best

Mel
Hi Mel

Ive heard that before as well on the forum, and some people carry an official notarised copy of their passport.

Its my understanding that In any country where they have ID cards officially - one is required to carry one at all times.

That means travellers to the country have to have ID as well. If you have eg a Belgian ID card you can show that, you can also travel with it and dont need a passport, its that 'strong'.. eg for travel in Europe and even the UK.

I'm guessing that when the UK brings out their ID card it will be the same.

However I dont like carting my p-port around with me so I effectively take a risk. When we were stopped, each time I produced my drivers licence and rental docs, and they just waved me on.

I think they are looking for drug smugglers or perhaps terrorists.... However one time there was a totally normal looking family parents and 2 kids sitting on the barrier whilst the police checked everything , took the seats out and everything...

Ive never seen that much control before .... as I mentioned they were even there at the ferry heavily armed and on the bridge they even had one of those spiked things to drag across the road to puncture the tyres of any fleeing car.

All the best
Jon
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Mel, its my understanding that its a legal requirement to carry a formal identity document, such as a national ID card or passport at all times. Failure to produce either can result in a fine and at the moment there seems to be frequent checks on the bridge and the ferry terminal. Regards Bryony.
Not only a fine, if the border guards are a bit niggled you could also be refused entry back to Spain, despite being a schengen country.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

All the best

Mel
Just as a point of information - I believe that it is a legal requirement to carry your passport when driving in Spain (or ID Card if you are lucky enough to have one). Under Schengen EU citizens (except Brits) are allowed to cross borders inside the Schengen area - Brits must have a passport It's just very very rare to get asked for one, but if you are you and don't have it with you could be in jail! (Try crossing the border to Gib when there is a Spanish crackdown)
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:02 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
Harry

still having trouble with your hearing? They were looking for 'tourists' not terrorists!!

Graham
I Like it !!

Thanks to all for your advise, ooops I have never carried passports going back and to over the bridge. I realise now how daft I have been after all every country should protect their borders and it should be an expectation to have ID. Just don't like the idea of having to carry such an impt document when popping over to a beach in Portugal...or to Mars Bars but better get used to it.

Thanks all

Mel
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I Like it !!

Thanks to all for your advise, ooops I have never carried passports going back and to over the bridge. I realise now how daft I have been after all every country should protect their borders and it should be an expectation to have ID. Just don't like the idea of having to carry such an impt document when popping over to a beach in Portugal...or to Mars Bars but better get used to it.

Thanks all

Mel
I have read elsewhere that the extra security is due to a prison breakout near Huelva
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road
Default Architects & Builders Ayamonte Region

Hi, long time, no post! Well we completed on the Esuri Plot about 9 months ago and have watched the world with interest ever since. However I am now of the firm opinion that we need to build on the plot. So - any recommended architects or builders out there. Many thanks for any responses on this. I want to start the process of architects etc etc pretty much asap!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:04 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Get in touch with OA architects in Ayamonte..........
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

dg123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Can anyone "help me." I need to know of a good solicitor who speaks English dealing with issues about administration of Costa esuri . Who can act on my behalf . I am a land owner and unfortunately because of the long delay regarding Costa Esuri . Myself & family had to move back to England and start over again . Its sad ! . I had all these plans but time ran out for me . I have young children and need to get them settled .I need to sell my plot or contact a solicitor to act on my behalf to claim some money back .what Ive payed due to things not moving
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dg123
Can anyone "help me." I need to know of a good solicitor who speaks English dealing with issues about administration of Costa esuri . Who can act on my behalf . I am a land owner and unfortunately because of the long delay regarding Costa Esuri . Myself & family had to move back to England and start over again . Its sad ! . I had all these plans but time ran out for me . I have young children and need to get them settled .I need to sell my plot or contact a solicitor to act on my behalf to claim some money back .what Ive payed due to things not moving
Hi DG
There was a long and interesting discussion a few months ago regarding good and bad lawyers and only one name came up several times as a good lawyer. Ive heard this name repeated over the years on the forum and so I recognised it.

Sadly I didnt use her, as I had/have so many problems with the one we chose - which caused so much upset. So please make sure that you get a good one, otherwise you are signing up for a lot of grief!

I have however made a note of her details in case I need a lawyer sometime.

Here are the details, note that she is in Huelva, but meets clients in Ayamonte apparentely

Gloria Crespo Diaz
C/Mendez Nunez
No 15, 40a 21001 Huelva (Spain)

Phone: 0034 959 242421
Fax: 0034 959 260772

[email protected]
[email protected]

Please note again that I havent used her so I cannot give a personal recommendation... but this was the only name that came up repeatedly. So please do a LOT of due dilligence to ensure that you are happy, dont rely on this 'unscientific poll' of mine in this post. For example I have no idea if this issue is her speciality; which if I understand it right is of breech of contract , or its just conveyancing for the purchase.. again Ive never met her so I just dont know.

Good luck, sorry that this didnt work for you and the family

Jon
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dg123
If you have completed on your plot then you need to choose an estate agent who can shift it for you quickly. I think there is one that I know of who seems very active but the key is price it right. If you have not completed for whatever reason getting your deposits back is easier said than done - like all of us who did not complete you are likely to have a very long wait and if you don't choose your solicitor well you will find they don't even respond to your emails and the telephone line is 9 times out of 10 an answer phone message. I have almost given up now - cannot even raise the energy to try to change my solicitor - would have to come out and demand the papers as he does not respond. I cannot even get an exchange - the price quoted by MF is higher than a resale. Little is being done to try to help those who have paid their deposits but who do not want to or cannot complete and who have justified reasons. Sorry to be so negative but I have truely tried everything apart from starting all over again. That is the next step and it is not likely to be CE sadly.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:07 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
If you have completed on your plot then you need to choose an estate agent who can shift it for you quickly. I think there is one that I know of who seems very active but the key is price it right. If you have not completed for whatever reason getting your deposits back is easier said than done - like all of us who did not complete you are likely to have a very long wait and if you don't choose your solicitor well you will find they don't even respond to your emails and the telephone line is 9 times out of 10 an answer phone message. I have almost given up now - cannot even raise the energy to try to change my solicitor - would have to come out and demand the papers as he does not respond. I cannot even get an exchange - the price quoted by MF is higher than a resale. Little is being done to try to help those who have paid their deposits but who do not want to or cannot complete and who have justified reasons. Sorry to be so negative but I have truely tried everything apart from starting all over again. That is the next step and it is not likely to be CE sadly.
I am really so sorry that things did not work out for you, you posted many interesting facts and helped others where you could. I kept up to date with your posts and struggle to sort out the MF mess and hoped you would be successful, it is so unfair that you weren't and that you came to a decision to shelve Esuri. If there is any justice and your solicitor can dig deep enough to find his ethics and moral code he/she should fight your cause to receive recompense. I see that you are looking in and around Tavira for a property, I think it is one of the most beautiful areas and I wish you shed-loads of luck in finding the right place and a smooth and easy purchase.

All the best

Mel
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

I am really so sorry that things did not work out for you, you posted many interesting facts and helped others where you could. I kept up to date with your posts and struggle to sort out the MF mess and hoped you would be successful, it is so unfair that you weren't and that you came to a decision to shelve Esuri. If there is any justice and your solicitor can dig deep enough to find his ethics and moral code he/she should fight your cause to receive recompense. I see that you are looking in and around Tavira for a property, I think it is one of the most beautiful areas and I wish you shed-loads of luck in finding the right place and a smooth and easy purchase.

All the best

Mel
Thanks Mel for your kind thoughts - I have made several friends through CE - and I hope to keep them wherever we end up - I am looking from CE to Olhao now. If Portugal my two years of Spanish lessons will be of less use. We are effectively starting again - difficult when we still have a contract on CE and no guidance about what that really means. I am disappointed that we never managed to secure an exchange in spite of all the vacant houses and apartments but I really could not justify spending more than the price of a resale - the downside of that being I still have not resolved the contract issue. Weaker pound and less cash now will certainly leave us with less choice but it is now 3 and a half years since we made the decision to buy on CE. If we had pressed for somewhere on the first phase we would have been in our home for over two years. We were lied to even then - told there was nothing left to buy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.