Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:27 pm
  #526  
MEL & JOHN
 
MEL & JOHN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 720
MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Is this a joint Residents/Owners then ? Or just Residents...or just Owners ?
STILL confused. We are on Arthurs list but if this is not his meeting would still like to be informed as we cannot be there for the 25th March.

Anybody know ? Will Steve Tipper be there I wonder ?

People have talked about minutes from the EUC Feb meeting but we've not seen any yet.

Mel
MEL & JOHN is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:20 pm
  #527  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by MikeJ
If you go to the Owners Group thread [ http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...19&postcount=1 ]
and send an email to the address at the bottom of post #1 (leave out the spaces) then Arthur will add you to his list and send you the necessary in due course. The snag is that Arthur and Steve Tipper do not use the Ayamonte Club forum so there is a gap in the communication link. But Arthur is building a contact list of interested owners - which is probably the most useful asset that any group can have.
Hi Mike.. just to be clear....

The meeting that Carol+John refer to is the RESIDENTS Association (RA) on 25 March and the people that alerted us are in my last post. C+J should contact them, I believe, to find out more to get the answer to her question.

The link you attach is for the OWNERS Association (OA), that have not publicised any meeting on 25 March.

Ive not heard that details for the RA meeting are available through the OA. It would be nice that there is this level of collusion, but I doubt it.

For the moment these are 2 separate organisations... as discussed at length on this thread. With I am sure, and I repeat, a LOT of common objectives.

However no harm in joining the OA, of course, the more people involved and active the more chance we can improve our development. That's in either organisation (or both - why not, for now?) Its just that they, the OA, are unlikely to have an agenda for the RA.

Even though Mr Tipper doesn't use the forum, I hope that he at least knows about this initiative... and I hope that there is no bad feeling between a board member of the EUC and a group who is set up as a result of dissatisfaction with them. I would suspect that there is. If not, his input - if he can keep a calm, open and clear mind - would be valuable to the Assocs.

Regards
Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:51 pm
  #528  
BE Forum Addict
 
MikeJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,675
MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mike.. just to be clear....

The meeting that Carol+John refer to is the RESIDENTS Association (RA) on 25 March and the people that alerted us are in my last post. C+J should contact them, I believe, to find out more to get the answer to her question.

The link you attach is for the OWNERS Association (OA), that have not publicised any meeting on 25 March.

Ive not heard that details for the RA meeting are available through the OA. It would be nice that there is this level of collusion, but I doubt it.

For the moment these are 2 separate organisations... as discussed at length on this thread. With I am sure, and I repeat, a LOT of common objectives.

However no harm in joining the OA, of course, the more people involved and active the more chance we can improve our development. That's in either organisation (or both - why not, for now?) Its just that they, the OA, are unlikely to have an agenda for the RA.

Even though Mr Tipper doesn't use the forum, I hope that he at least knows about this initiative... and I hope that there is no bad feeling between a board member of the EUC and a group who is set up as a result of dissatisfaction with them. I would suspect that there is. If not, his input - if he can keep a calm, open and clear mind - would be valuable to the Assocs.

Regards
Jon
Jon, you're right of course. I'm just confused - I'm a non-resident owner who happens to be in residence on 25th march and was planning to attend this meeting - presumably I'm not eligible as I'm not a resident
Unlike others who have suggested that the more pressure groups the better I believe that a single association which represents the interests of owners whether they are resident or not would be more powerful and more effective.
MikeJ is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:27 pm
  #529  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Jon, you're right of course. I'm just confused - I'm a non-resident owner who happens to be in residence on 25th march and was planning to attend this meeting - presumably I'm not eligible as I'm not a resident
Unlike others who have suggested that the more pressure groups the better I believe that a single association which represents the interests of owners whether they are resident or not would be more powerful and more effective.
Just give yourself a proxy vote, then they can`t moan. lol
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:21 pm
  #530  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Jon, you're right of course. I'm just confused - I'm a non-resident owner who happens to be in residence on 25th march and was planning to attend this meeting - presumably I'm not eligible as I'm not a resident
Unlike others who have suggested that the more pressure groups the better I believe that a single association which represents the interests of owners whether they are resident or not would be more powerful and more effective.
Hi Mike
Theres a lot of non resident owners - so I hope the OA is open to all. So the name itself may not be that important.

I got the feeling from the posts any owner could attend their meeting. So I hope that this is the case.

I agree with you that 1 group is better, but I think under the circumstances in CE - we have the 2. They will have much in common... and Arthur of the OA has mentioned that there is no friction between the two and encouraged people to get involved, whatever the group they join

Im hoping that after their meeting they will send out details of how they will formalise the association, as they are looking to make it official.

Have fun when you are in residence - I know you will

Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:51 pm
  #531  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 245
spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mike
Theres a lot of non resident owners - so I hope the OA is open to all. So the name itself may not be that important.

I got the feeling from the posts any owner could attend their meeting. So I hope that this is the case.

I agree with you that 1 group is better, but I think under the circumstances in CE - we have the 2. They will have much in common... and Arthur of the OA has mentioned that there is no friction between the two and encouraged people to get involved, whatever the group they join

Im hoping that after their meeting they will send out details of how they will formalise the association, as they are looking to make it official.

Have fun when you are in residence - I know you will

Jon
Maybe it's because I always think "legally". . The name of the Residents Association (RA), as MikeJ says, is misleading.

Legally, residents are those who stay in Spanish territory for more than 183 days in the year. It can also understand those who inhabit a particular place (CE, in this case).

In the Residents Association could only be persons who meet the two requirements above. This will mean that very few can enroll in the association. That is, neither plot owners or developers may be included in the Residents Association.

However, the Owners Association (OA) refers to all those who have a property in CE, residing on it or not. OA members are the same as the members of the EUC.

In my opinion, it is a better idea of OA than RA.
spanish_lawyer is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:25 pm
  #532  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
Maybe it's because I always think "legally". . The name of the Residents Association (RA), as MikeJ says, is misleading.

Legally, residents are those who stay in Spanish territory for more than 183 days in the year. It can also understand those who inhabit a particular place (CE, in this case).

In the Residents Association could only be persons who meet the two requirements above. This will mean that very few can enroll in the association. That is, neither plot owners or developers may be included in the Residents Association.

However, the Owners Association (OA) refers to all those who have a property in CE, residing on it or not. OA members are the same as the members of the EUC.

In my opinion, it is a better idea of OA than RA.
That 183 is for tax residency, foreigners in Spain for 90 days have to apply at the police station for a residency certificate.
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:17 pm
  #533  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
Maybe it's because I always think "legally". . The name of the Residents Association (RA), as MikeJ says, is misleading.

Legally, residents are those who stay in Spanish territory for more than 183 days in the year. It can also understand those who inhabit a particular place (CE, in this case).

In the Residents Association could only be persons who meet the two requirements above. This will mean that very few can enroll in the association. That is, neither plot owners or developers may be included in the Residents Association.

However, the Owners Association (OA) refers to all those who have a property in CE, residing on it or not. OA members are the same as the members of the EUC.

In my opinion, it is a better idea of OA than RA.
Thanks SL

Im sure they can change the name if there is a problem, after all this is the first meeting to determine the policy going forward - in order to set themselves up legally. So this can be addressed then. I have no involvement with this group, or the meeting but I do hope people wont get worried about a name at this stage. Lets see what comes out of this meeting.

That raises a point, we can register to vote at the town hall to vote, but do we have to be residents - as opposed to non-resident owners?

Thanks
Jon
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:51 pm
  #534  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 53
David and Margaret is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Jon, you're right of course. I'm just confused - I'm a non-resident owner who happens to be in residence on 25th march and was planning to attend this meeting - presumably I'm not eligible as I'm not a resident
Unlike others who have suggested that the more pressure groups the better I believe that a single association which represents the interests of owners whether they are resident or not would be more powerful and more effective.
Although there are various opinions on the merits of two pressure groups ,for
me it does not pass the common sense issue. Surely one , united, association
with people sharing resources, with objectives agreed , they cannot be that different, must be the most effective way forward.
The aim is to make everybody's situation better, a combined group, forget the name, properly organised , to make a difference, and get results.
Spanish lawyer could , i am sorry to ask, be the catylist .
David and Margaret is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:00 pm
  #535  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
Although there are various opinions on the merits of two pressure groups ,for
me it does not pass the common sense issue. Surely one , united, association
with people sharing resources, with objectives agreed , they cannot be that different, must be the most effective way forward.
The aim is to make everybody's situation better, a combined group, forget the name, properly organised , to make a difference, and get results.
Spanish lawyer could , i am sorry to ask, be the catylist .
Of course its ideal to have 1 group as mentioned several times in the thread. But as we all know ideals dont always happen. It is unlikely to happen in reality here - certainly at the beginning. (My humble opinion) So we need to hope and ensure that they will work together. This seems very likely as the objectives are bound to be the same and there are already positive moves like Arthurs comment I mention above. Eventually it could morph into 1 group... and lets make sure we are talking beforehand...
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:44 pm
  #536  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 53
David and Margaret is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Would it not be sensible to,discuss agree formats and ojectives before forming
any protest groups , if not why not ?
David and Margaret is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:24 am
  #537  
BE Positive
 
Jon-Bxl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,977
Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
Would it not be sensible to,discuss agree formats and ojectives before forming
any protest groups , if not why not ?
Ok now we are moving on from the original subject. Yes if there are 2 groups it would be sensible to discuss. Im sure they will, before or after. The RA want to meet and determine their plans, each group knows of the other (and supportive) - and so this may well be discussed (or already under discussion)

Note I am not involved with, or speaking for either group as I am currently not signed up with either - just reading the tea leaves - based on my knowledge of CE affairs. So I probably cant add more detail. I will get involved when I know what the outcome is. E.g signing petitions, forwarding emails, sending letters etc etc. I hope you do too, and share your input.
Jon-Bxl is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:01 pm
  #538  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Ruislip Middlesex
Posts: 57
CAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really nice
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mike.. just to be clear....

The meeting that Carol+John refer to is the RESIDENTS Association (RA) on 25 March and the people that alerted us are in my last post. C+J should contact them, I believe, to find out more to get the answer to her question.

The link you attach is for the OWNERS Association (OA), that have not publicised any meeting on 25 March.

Ive not heard that details for the RA meeting are available through the OA. It would be nice that there is this level of collusion, but I doubt it.

For the moment these are 2 separate organisations... as discussed at length on this thread. With I am sure, and I repeat, a LOT of common objectives.

However no harm in joining the OA, of course, the more people involved and active the more chance we can improve our development. That's in either organisation (or both - why not, for now?) Its just that they, the OA, are unlikely to have an agenda for the RA.

Even though Mr Tipper doesn't use the forum, I hope that he at least knows about this initiative... and I hope that there is no bad feeling between a board member of the EUC and a group who is set up as a result of dissatisfaction with them. I would suspect that there is. If not, his input - if he can keep a calm, open and clear mind - would be valuable to the Assocs.

Regards
Jon
John and Kath's intention in calling it the Residents Association was to allow inclusion of long term renters as well as all owners irrespective of whether or not they are classed as resident in Spain for tax purposes. We need as many owners as possible in the association and if than means changing its name then so be it.

We also need unification of the RA and OA. To this end, we need Arthur to attend the meeting on 25 March. I ask anybody who knows Arthur to try and persuade him to do so.

Steven Tipper does know about the meeting as it was from him that I first heard about if. I feel very confident that he will be there. Furthermore, I'm sure that he holds no bad feelings at all towards the RA and is very much on our side. We need him, if only for the block votes he has in his pocket as the Vista Esuri President.

Taff
CAROL TAFF is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:46 pm
  #539  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by CAROL TAFF
John and Kath's intention in calling it the Residents Association was to allow inclusion of long term renters as well as all owners irrespective of whether or not they are classed as resident in Spain for tax purposes. We need as many owners as possible in the association and if than means changing its name then so be it.

We also need unification of the RA and OA. To this end, we need Arthur to attend the meeting on 25 March. I ask anybody who knows Arthur to try and persuade him to do so.

Steven Tipper does know about the meeting as it was from him that I first heard about if. I feel very confident that he will be there. Furthermore, I'm sure that he holds no bad feelings at all towards the RA and is very much on our side. We need him, if only for the block votes he has in his pocket as the Vista Esuri President.

Taff
You could have a block vote too if you collected proxy votes off the people unable to attend.
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:21 pm
  #540  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 245
spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION:

In this post I am discussing the difficulty in forming an association and requirements (most basic) required to create it.
Creating Association offers a lot of work. Once it is created, it needs economic and personal resources to manage it.

The partners´ agreement must be collected in the ACTA FUNDACIONAL.

This ACTA FUNDACIONAL must collect, among others, the following information:
• Data from the promoters of the association, including address and nationality. These promoters of the association must sign the minutes.
• The willingness of promoters to form an association, the covenants, if any, had established and the name of it.
• The approved statutes governing the operation of the association. These statutes should have a minimum required by law, for example:
- Name of association.
- The registered office (headquarters).
- The duration, when the association will not be established for an indefinite period.
- The aims and activities of the association, described accurately.
- The requirements and arrangements for admission and low for a partner.
- The organs of government and representation.
An association should be provided with some financial resources to enable it to function properly. Therefore, partners need to contribute financially to pay the expenses it incurs the Association. This point raises two issues. First, as I said in this forum, recently feasible that one person is in two associations at the same time. Secondly, I do not know if members of the association are willing to pay: IBI, Community, Intercom, EUC and Association.

The best for a successful association work is that it has personnel working for the benefit of the interest that has been created.

With this post (as I said at the beginning of it) I want to show it's not so easy to have an association. It takes resources: financial and human.

I'm not saying do not do it. Just want everyone to know the work that is necessary.
spanish_lawyer is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.