Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

An informal group of long term residents were discussing the problems still current on CE and what the Ayuntamiento and/or the EUC should be doing about them.

The conclusion was that the residents should form a properly constituted Residents Association with the rules and constitution agreed at a first meeting open to all those owning or living long term on Costa Esuri. That a Board and officers should be elected and would then be able to represent the views of those present to the EUC and Ayauntamiento.
It was also recognised that many owners would not be able to attend either the first meeting or worse other meetings that may result from the formation. To counter this and for the best communication for long distance owners it was agreed that to be viable this association should embrace IT from the outset with email, web and blog communication to the fore. To that end the assistance of any resident who is skilled in setting up such comms would be welcomed.

In order to get things going asap the first meeting has been called for: -

Thursday 25th March at 18.30 in the golf clubhouse

Everyone will be most welcome, best regards
John.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

I am somewhat confused as to the difference between the Owners Group
which has been set up by Arthur and the proposed Residents Association
which has a meeting planned for march. Are they two bodies with the same
objectives , manzana budgets, community non-payers, concerted plans to minimise costs to existing owners , inter-community issues, fadesa payments , Euc legality and issues with mayor, the upgrade, maintenence and ongoing completion of Esuri etc. etc ?
If this is the case then is it not more productive to maximise resources ,
efforts and hopefully results.

david
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
An informal group of long term residents were discussing the problems still current on CE and what the Ayuntamiento and/or the EUC should be doing about them.

The conclusion was that the residents should form a properly constituted Residents Association with the rules and constitution agreed at a first meeting open to all those owning or living long term on Costa Esuri. That a Board and officers should be elected and would then be able to represent the views of those present to the EUC and Ayauntamiento.
It was also recognised that many owners would not be able to attend either the first meeting or worse other meetings that may result from the formation. To counter this and for the best communication for long distance owners it was agreed that to be viable this association should embrace IT from the outset with email, web and blog communication to the fore. To that end the assistance of any resident who is skilled in setting up such comms would be welcomed.

John.
Hi John & Kath

Do not understand what is happening that just now that Arthur started a Owners/Residents Association you are talking about a new Association rather than join the existing one. I hope that does not begin to separate ourselves before we start.
The union is strength and without union not get anything!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Originally Posted by John & Kath

The conclusion was that the residents should form a properly constituted Residents Association with the rules and constitution agreed at a first meeting open to all those owning or living long term on Costa Esuri. That a Board and officers should be elected and would then be able to represent the views of those present to the EUC and Ayauntamiento.It was also recognised that many owners would not be able to attend either the first meeting or worse other meetings that may result from the formation. To counter this and for the best communication for long distance owners it was agreed that to be viable this association should embrace IT from the outset with email, web and blog communication to the fore. To that end the assistance of any resident who is skilled in setting up such comms would be welcomed.

John.
What's happening?.

I thought A.B.C. was who was organizing the formation of an association.

Are there forming two different Associations?. I do not understand anything...

"The residents should form a properly constituted Residents Association with the rules and constitution agreed at a first meeting open to all those owning or living long term on Costa Esuri. That a Board and officers should be elected and would then be able to represent the views of those present to the EUC and Ayauntamiento.". To constitute an association is necessary to follow legal requirements. I have doubts about a Meeting be agreed all these legal requirements. Not so simple!!.

Last edited by spanish_lawyer; Feb 22nd 2010 at 8:54 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

I have just received an E-Mail from one of the presidents on Lomas re. the minutes of the EUC meeting, & a meeting to be held at the Club House on the 25th March. Anyone who wants a copy please Mail me.

Pete
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
I have just received an E-Mail from one of the presidents on Lomas re. the minutes of the EUC meeting, & a meeting to be held at the Club House on the 25th March. Anyone who wants a copy please Mail me.

Pete
I'm lost... Can anyone tell me how many associations are being created at a time????.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Bennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to all

This is Sammy here posting under Bennys name

Someone has told me about this thread so after quite a while of not bothering looking on here I decided to take a look and all I can say is with 2 residents associations the community is now gonna split and WW3 will probably break out!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys don't shoot the messenger! We have had a horrendous day here our departing guests cannot get home to Luton today snowed in but we have had two trips to Faro and Thursday we head for Lisbon to finally rid ourselves of them. I will post at length later on how I see things evolving but hungry 5 year olds need to have their Pizza now so will post more later. John.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

OK John, you're off the hook!
Sammy, nice to hear from you, & hope you are well.

Is this confirmation that there exists 2 residents' associations (or the beginnings of two separate ones)? Are they competing against one another for percentages of the coefficient?
Perhaps they are trying to help one another to collect/distribute as much information to communities on CE in as short a time frame as possible?

I believe - and I'm willing to take advice on this - that one residents' association is needed to equal or surpass the coefficient of MF on the EUC board.

Have MF paid up?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
If MF does not pay, they is not detract from its place in the Board. The Law does not require that Board´s members are current on their payments.

If someone wants that MF is not on the Board should take the following steps: 1) to get 20% of shares to request the President to call a Extraordinary Meeting, 2) at that Meeting, to get the most votes for at the point on the agenda that is "replacement of Board´s members who are indebted to the EUC".

However, I would have to wait for February 20th to know if MF has paid.

The definition is correct!!!.
Hi

Well this is more than disappointing: For the Communities and intercommunities you lose your voting rights if you dont pay your bills. Our community even publishes a list of people ineligible to vote. I dont see why the EUC is different. I dont understand the discussion about them being on the board - with no voting power... if so whats the point of them being there? I have asked the Administrators to let me know - they avoided the question previously about the loss of voting rights for non-payers. Now that the deadline is passed, I think we need to know what is the action to be taken about non-payers. Especially board members IF they havent paid

I think the most important PRIORITY - overriding all the rest of the discussions is how we can find a way asap to convince the Mayor to go for the bank guarantees = 'pots'. Imagine the first payment or first pot is more than the WHOLE EUC's over inflated 2010 budget (all the charges, administrators, expenses, new offices etc etc). Although this pot money isnt for the EUC, I am just pointing out the relative size of the pot and that this pot of money is about to be lost to all of us at CE. Theres a lot more than that too... in the subsequest pots/bank guarantees.

The PartidoP party, represented by Alberto Fernández - had good intentions to push for this money to be chased from the banks. Its just not understandable how the Mayor vetoed this money... UNLESS if was political. He may have voted this out simply as his opposition wanted it and he couldnt be seen to be letting the opposition 'win'. It also shows (to me) that the opposition have no power to make change in this environment.

Therefore if this is true, we are about to lose a LOT of money - due to political wranglings, and with the benefit of hindsight - this may have been the wrong approach. Looks like the foot is shot off and bleeding away!

It boils down to having a voice. This forum doesnt have the 'clout' to get a sufficient group of people together to make change. Especially for something as important as this... so lets see if the new owners association 'OA' can do something... whichever one....

For me I will want to see this as a stated priority of the OA - otherwise we cant win against the power and control of this board... and we are just creating another discussion forum to have a good moan. I think one is enough!

Lets see if we are going to get finacnially shafted as well....

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 22nd 2010 at 8:45 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yes we can
Hi John & Kath

Do not understand what is happening that just now that Arthur started a Owners/Residents Association you are talking about a new Association rather than join the existing one. I hope that does not begin to separate ourselves before we start.
The union is strength and without union not get anything!
The difference is Arthur has started his owners association,''?? And the new association has been started by a group of owners, decent people together making sure esurie moves forward,The committee when formed will have NO financial gain whatsoever..I would just like to add the NEW ASSOCIATION had its first informal meeting in May 2009..The meeting on the 25th is a public meeting open to all..The outcome ""The formation of Costa Esurie residents association""
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
The difference is Arthur has started his owners association,''?? And the new association has been started by a group of owners, decent people together making sure esurie moves forward,The committee when formed will have NO financial gain whatsoever..I would just like to add the NEW ASSOCIATION had its first informal meeting in May 2009..The meeting on the 25th is a public meeting open to all..The outcome ""The formation of Costa Esurie residents association""
Hi Bill and Claire

Can you please explain better what you mean with " And the new association has been started by a group of owners, decent people together making sure esurie moves forward".
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:48 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yes we can
Hi Bill and Claire

Can you please explain better what you mean with " And the new association has been started by a group of owners, decent people together making sure esurie moves forward".
Ideally we should have one association to represent the residents ... however its not surprising that perhaps there are 2 - its a huge development and people are so spread out as well over Europe, trying to get one organisation is surely difficult.

Also anyone stepping up and organising an association, and the people that join are undoubtedly good, decent people - and concerned enough to get involved. Coming off the sidelines. There is no WW3 or in-fighting as far as I am concerned... as in military terms we know who the 'enemy' is .... and 'we wont let them divide and conquer'

I also believe that there are a set of problems that have priority and importance and both associations will have a huge overlapping agreement. Certainly for the forseeable future... I am sure all will agree on what needs to happen, and coming at the same objectives from 2 directions is not totally a bad thing. Great victories have been achieved by allies - with the same principles - 'joining forces'

We dont need to feel obliged to support one and not the other and actually I see no reason why we cant be involved with both... until it gets 'legal'. Even in that case I would need to see a legal statement forbidding me to belong to both. Lets face it we have seen enough rule-bending coming from others.

So I personally wont let this worry me - and I certainly wont feel any negatvity to ANY group of concerned residents and I certainly dont feel any compulsion to 'nail my colours to one (sole) mast'

Feeling military today ......... (and blowing my horn, as usual )

Its important that we join up and get involved. In my case I'll consider both and if I can see that there is enough interest and enough people willing to get involved - I will as well. I just dont want another discussion forum... when there is so much money e.g >1.7m sitting there - about to be wasted.... lets not lose sight of that overriding priority!

So thanks Bill and Claire and if you would like more members - please can you send the details.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 23rd 2010 at 7:53 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Again,

Some background, Article 21 of the Land Law Regulations governing urban administration sets out 3 stages thro which affected parties may participate in urban administration.

1. Compensation Boards (this has already been accomplished by the Ayuntamiento and Fadesa many years ago)

2. Administration Associations (RA) of owners in the co-operation system (this stage can be and was missed out and CE moved to stage 3)

3. Entities of Conservation (this is the EUC)

In some urbanisations the law requires them to form a conservation entity and I believe Costa Esuri (CE) is one of those “but” there exists a special registry for these entities and they cannot act with legal force to compel payment of debts until the entity is properly registered.

It is the question of proper registration that is being challenged by others and for that reason I believe it is useful to form a Residents Association even at this stage. If/when the EUC is properly registered the association can then provide a conduit for the wider CE residents outside the inter-communities to put their concerns to the EUC board.

To this end one member of the EUC Board has agreed to act as liaison between the RA and the EUC.

To be recognised as a representative body the RA will need to have proper “Statutes” and elected officers at least as far as the President and Secretary are concerned it is for these purposes that the meeting has been called.

It is not the intention to have two competing bodies but one properly formulated (in accordance with the Land Law Regulations III of the Law of Horizontal Property) body to represent particularly Parcela owners but also anyone with a legitimate interest in moving forward and improving CE. The meeting will be open to all and will be conducted as an inaugural meeting of the RA.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 23rd 2010 at 8:04 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Since my first post in this forum, I have always tried to let everyone know how the situation in CE. My efforts have always been directed toward the collective interest. I honestly do not understand anything. Two associations assume that no single voice in the collective interest.

I live far from CE, although it is true that I can be there very easily. My impression is that within the English community there are two distinct groups and almost "rivals." I do not know the reason for the differences. All I know is that these differences have gotten there divisions.

If we fail to unite in one association all our energy and effort, I think we can hardly move. As I will not be a member of two different associations, and do not understand why there has to be 2 groups, announced that I will not be a member of any association. Still, I wish good luck to all the associations that are formed in the future.

I personally believe that we are choosing a wrong path. I only ask that if someone has a problem with someone else, please leave that aside. Do not forget that we must all have the same objective: to improve the current state of CE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.