Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Costa Esuri - Ayamonte - EUC

Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMPORTANT

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
How?. If you believe that my information IS NOT CORRECT, you must correct me. I do not express an opinion, I do not advise either, I report. There are a difference among the verbs.

I believe that I am not even neither his lawyer or that of any member of this forum.
It maybe correct, but as a professional you need to tell people it is your opinion and not legal advice, in case other people follow your leads and end up in trouble with the council and the Mayor who you say is also a Spanish Lawyer.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
It maybe correct, but as a professional you need to tell people it is your opinion and not legal advice, in case other people follow your leads and end up in trouble with the council and the Mayor who you say is also a Spanish Lawyer.
I repeat you: I DO NOT ADVISE, I DO NOT OPINION, I REPORT.

My information is absolutely true. If your you believe that it is not, you must correct me.

Please, do not say to me how I have to do my work. In any case, I do not write as lawyer. I return to say that I am not lawyer of anybody of the forum.

I do not know a lawyer of Ayamonte, or Huelva that: 1) has had a judgment with the Mayor; 2) has seen the Mayor in a Court.

If it is true that he studied Law, which does not mean to be a lawyer. At least in Spain, this is very different.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

My information is absolutely true. If your you believe that it is not, you must correct me.

Please, do not say to me how I have to do my work. In any case, I do not write as lawyer. I return to say that I am not lawyer of anybody of the forum.

I do not know a lawyer of Ayamonte, or Huelva that: 1) has had a judgment with the Mayor; 2) has seen the Mayor in a Court.

If it is true that he studied Law, which does not mean to be a lawyer. At least in Spain, this is very different.
Spanish Lawyer
Please do not take any offence as I am sure that JDR means no offence. It's just that in the UK if someone states that they are an expert (eg a lawyer) and offers advice or opinion which another person acts upon which later turns out badly then the relying party can often have a case against the expert. (possibly it is the same in Spanish law?)
I think what JDR suggests is that in order to protect yourself - and any others who might act following your comments and opinions - you should add a disclaimer (possibly in your signature) which states that the information that you provide is just for information and that you cannot be held responsible for any consequent actions.
Hope this helps
Mike J
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Thank you SL for your reporting. I'm finding it all very interesting. Kim
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Spanish Lawyer
Please do not take any offence as I am sure that JDR means no offence. It's just that in the UK if someone states that they are an expert (eg a lawyer) and offers advice or opinion which another person acts upon which later turns out badly then the relying party can often have a case against the expert. (possibly it is the same in Spanish law?)
I think what JDR suggests is that in order to protect yourself - and any others who might act following your comments and opinions - you should add a disclaimer (possibly in your signature) which states that the information that you provide is just for information and that you cannot be held responsible for any consequent actions.
Hope this helps
Mike J
Hi Mike J!!!

I do not take offence!!!. I want to do several explanations for all those persons to whom I am grateful for his spirits:

- I am lawyer, but I do not act as lawyer in this forum. Nobody has contracted my services (that I know!). Mike, in Spain "every person is responsible for his acts. Lawyers, or others proffesionals, are not responsibles about since other persons can act". If I say to you: Mike steals a bank, and you steal it. The guilty are you, not me. I do not know Uk's Law, but here (though there are other figure different of the author of the acts) the one who does a criminal act, assumes the consequences. It seems that in UK is different.

- To calm to the whole world: I AM NOT GOING TO STOP COMMENTING ON THIS FORUM. Lament that my commentaries are not agreeable to the whole world.

- All commentaries of this forum, and the received ones in my mail, make me have more force in my fight in favour of the legality. Thank you very much!!!!!!!.

- Next Wednesday (I hope) I will be in Ayamonte. I have called Alberto Fernández, the candidate for the Mayor by the Partido Popular, and have asked for him to speak with him about Costa Esuri. I promise to report on the conversation. Advance: he has said to me (by phone) that there are many irregularities on Costa Esuri that he is going to chase.

I hope to help.

SL
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Thank you Kim. I am going to continue informing what I know on CE. I hope that, besides interesting, it is useful for all!!!.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:43 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hear hear, I am glad that there is someone like you who takes the time and effort in informing us, and in taking up the fight!
Old Dec 19th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Lush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Hear hear, I am glad that there is someone like you who takes the time and effort in informing us, and in taking up the fight!
I second that.

Spanish Lawyer is providing us with invaluable information that we would otherwise not know about as the lack of communication is dire. I am glad that SL will not stop posting and the English used is far better than most peoples Spanish, mine included. So lets stop the silly comments about how the writing is and asking for disclaimers as we have a choice either take the advice given or don't and remember we are dealing with Spanish Law and not English.

Lets show appreciation and support to someone who is giving their time and information with passion as without it we would not know what is going on.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lush
I second that.

Spanish Lawyer is providing us with invaluable information that we would otherwise not know about as the lack of communication is dire. I am glad that SL will not stop posting and the English used is far better than most peoples Spanish, mine included. So lets stop the silly comments about how the writing is and asking for disclaimers as we have a choice either take the advice given or don't and remember we are dealing with Spanish Law and not English.

Lets show appreciation and support to someone who is giving their time and information with passion as without it we would not know what is going on.
Glad at least you know you have a choice, others may take it as kosher.
When you have been here long enough you will realize Spanish law comes in a brown envelope and the biggest one is the decider. ;-) ;-)
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Glad at least you know you have a choice, others may take it as kosher.
When you have been here long enough you will realize Spanish law comes in a brown envelope and the biggest one is the decider. ;-) ;-)
They whole world revolves around brown envelopes, upfront rebates whatever you want to call them but the information that SL is providing is necessary especially when you have a holiday home on CE and information from the EUC is limited.

You are right that everyone should always be cautious but so far SL has provided information and not 'touted' for business. Even the Presidents on CE are frustrated with lack of information as they want to provide facts to the owners and keep them up to date.

People will either choose to read this thread or not and then make a decision based on a lot of shared opinions. Without this Forum owners would be non the wiser about CE.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 1:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Lush
They whole world revolves around brown envelopes, upfront rebates whatever you want to call them but the information that SL is providing is necessary especially when you have a holiday home on CE and information from the EUC is limited.

You are right that everyone should always be cautious but so far SL has provided information and not 'touted' for business. Even the Presidents on CE are frustrated with lack of information as they want to provide facts to the owners and keep them up to date.

People will either choose to read this thread or not and then make a decision based on a lot of shared opinions. Without this Forum owners would be non the wiser about CE.
How many of these owners turn up at the meetings ?
This is where everything should start from, questions asked, proposals put forward and voted on.
The presidents are the only ones with legal clout to achieve anything, if they are not supported then it is hard work for them.
In the end it is the owners that should vote the president in, tell him what they need and who to employ to do these services, as agreed in a democratic vote at the meetings.
I am sorry but if you think moaning on a forum is going to help in any way then you are very mistaken.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
This is where everything should start from, questions asked, proposals put forward and voted on.
The presidents are the only ones with legal clout to achieve anything, if they are not supported then it is hard work for them.
In the end it is the owners that should vote the president in, tell him what they need and who to employ to do these services, as agreed in a democratic vote at the meetings.
I am sorry but if you think moaning on a forum is going to help in any way then you are very mistaken.
Well said JDR - if it's down to brown envelopes then we owners don't stand a chance - we couldn't even organise a post card

The only way to get things changed is through the process. The EUC board will have to stand for re-election soon - it's up to us owners to mandate the presidents and get them to vote in a more representative board and working committees.
And pay the dues and taxes!! - most of this problem has been caused by the failure of owners to pay their community dues, IBI, local taxes etc (Of course MF is the biggest debtor but there are lierally hundreds of others - I saw the sheet at the ayuntimiento). The Mayor, quite reasonably, doesn't see why his taxpaying citizens should pay for absentee owners at CE and the EUC is one way of raking in some cash to cover the costs. Quite apart from the politics and shenanigans of the EUC creation, in principle it could be a useful orgainisation. If only it was more transparent and accountable I suspect that many people would drop their opposition.
Take a look at http://www.calahondaeuc.com/index_eng.php for an example of an EUC which is working for it's owners - this would be great in CE.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Firstly I am not moaning. I find some of the comments previously made unkind especially as someone is providing information that the 'elected committee' fall short on.

With regards to the Presidents they are provided with the same information as everyone else, zero. If they have the legal clout that you suggest then surely they would have been invited to attend the original meeting that was set up and been able to vote in a democratic way, this did not happen. Since that meeting there have not been any official correspondence sent out for them to pass on to the owners.

My previous comments have been to show support to someone who is willing to raise their head above the parapet. I know that the EUC is an important aspect of CE as it requires money to continue it's development, however, that does not mean that we should continue to hand over money without understanding what it is we are getting back.

A forum is for people to express their views and opinions not to be shot down. Yes be cautious, but lets be democratic and listen to both sides.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: IMPORTANT

Originally Posted by jdr
There are somthing like 950 individual plots and each of those is entitled to attend in their own right and would love to do so except that they usually tell us aftyer the event or cancel if they have given us advance notice and again don't tell In short their comms are CRAP.

On a separate tack I have just read the "Resident" online and they have very heartening news on the Huelva airport and more important for us progress on the Marina at Puente Esuri!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath
There are somthing like 950 individual plots and each of those is entitled to attend in their own right and would love to do so except that they usually tell us aftyer the event or cancel if they have given us advance notice and again don't tell In short their comms are CRAP.

On a separate tack I have just read the "Resident" online and they have very heartening news on the Huelva airport and more important for us progress on the Marina at Puente Esuri!
I know what you are saying John, but it cannot be sorted by individuals, it has to be done by the presidents and these have to be told by the owners.
It is up to the presidents to demand a meeting with this company that think they are running the community and put them in the picture that you owners are in charge and will work out what you need and who will do it for you.
Fadesa can`t expect the owners there now to finance their properties too, which is what it looks like they are trying to achieve at the moment, the longer you hang about the worse it is going to get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.