Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Del Crime--------

Costa Del Crime--------

Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Del Crime--------

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Was a good programme. Nostalic to see the old Spain. They had old criminals going back to their old haunts. Winns bar was featured, knew it well because I had a relative who lived down the lane from it. Had some good times there in the 80's. If it got full people would pop home and bring some chairs. There would be a mix of people in, I remember the chairman of Findus frozen foods used to go in. Great British food and puddings too. Not the same now though
You can say that again.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:57 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the recent successful campaign has netted another big fish.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.a...ntid=157569306

An inteesting view of another plank on the same page also.
Old May 18th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

DaveyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JulianWard
I get really annoyed when the UK media keep on referring to the Costs Del Crime. On an every day basis reported crime is very low, much lower than comparable areas in UK.

The term, started to be used when the extradition treaty between UK and Spain lapsed, thus people wanted in UK could not be extradited and Spain was therefore a safe haven for them. The treaty was eventually signed and although those already here were still safe, new arrivals were not.
Read this Blog on Why Spain is 'rotten to the core' with British Criminals ... I tend to agree here !

http://www.tumbit.com/blogs/1223-why...criminals.html
Old May 18th 2011, 1:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveyD
Read this Blog on Why Spain is 'rotten to the core' with British Criminals ... I tend to agree here !

http://www.tumbit.com/blogs/1223-why...criminals.html
Quite humorous with an element of truth I suppose, but misleading in some respects.
Old May 18th 2011, 1:30 pm
On the road again.

Hmm,according to the news a cars just exploded in Hartlepool and there's a body inside of it.
My money's on the monkey, but you never know the canoe guy lives just around the corner.
Old May 18th 2011, 1:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Hmm,according to the news a cars just exploded in Hartlepool and there's a body inside of it.
My money's on the monkey, but you never know the canoe guy lives just around the corner.
Roll me one of what you`re smokin.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:13 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jdr
Roll me one of what you`re smokin.
The reporter initially gave the impression it was probably not a genuine story and rather some sort of dubious Hartlepool wind-up, however it now appears to have been correct, probably caused by the victim himself and said by the police not to be terrorist related.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:23 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
The reporter initially gave the impression it was probably not a genuine story and rather some sort of dubious Hartlepool wind-up, however it now appears to have been correct, probably caused by the victim himself and said by the police not to be terrorist related.
... but some of the police needed to be decontaminated
Old May 18th 2011, 6:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jimenato
... but some of the police needed to be decontaminated
Police canteen sarnies ?