Costa De Luz

Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costa De Luz

Is there anyone out there who lives in this area?
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Hello Glynis - have a look at my www.spaincostaluz.com and let me know if you want any help. Unfortunately I do not live permanently but travel as often as I can. In fact just returned.
Nige
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

kiwita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa De Luz

Originally Posted by Nige
Hello Glynis - have a look at my www.spaincostaluz.com and let me know if you want any help. Unfortunately I do not live permanently but travel as often as I can. In fact just returned.
Nige

Hi!!!

I have just had a quick look and the page looks fine to me... Just one thing missing.....Jobs!!!! I am from Jerez but living in London. After 13 or 14 years (I've lost count!!!!) I am considering coming back. Maybe you should add a link for Jobs in La Costa de la Luz??

Saluditos,

Kiwita
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiwita
Hi!!!

I have just had a quick look and the page looks fine to me... Just one thing missing.....Jobs!!!! I am from Jerez but living in London. After 13 or 14 years (I've lost count!!!!) I am considering coming back. Maybe you should add a link for Jobs in La Costa de la Luz??

Saluditos,

Kiwita
Hello Kiwita ! My web site is not a 'professional' one so I have only put things on it which may be of interest for people wanting a bit more information about the Costa de la Luz. As you are from Jerez and living in London, you will know how easy, and sometimes very cheap, it is to fly from Stansted to Jerez by Ryanair. I think you will know about the many new developments in Jerez and elsewhere, which means that there is a lot more money in the region and it is looking more prosperous than 13 years ago ! Also the region is attracting more visitors and settlors from other places especially from Britain.
The road that connects Jerez with La Linea next to Gibraltar is virtually completed and it is all dual carriageway so no more dangerous mountain corners to negotiate. In fact it is a beautiful road and toll free ! So it is easy to drive from Jerez down to the Costa del Sol. I am sure that with all the economic activity going on and the prospects for the future, it would not be too difficult to find work for someone with a good understanding of the cultures of the Cadiz province area and UK. Depends upon your own strengths and weaknesses ! Buena suerte.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Costa De Luz

Hello Kiwita ! My web site is not a 'professional' one so I have only put things on it which may be of interest for people wanting a bit more information about the Costa de la Luz. As you are from Jerez and living in London, you will know how easy, and sometimes very cheap, it is to fly from Stansted to Jerez by Ryanair. I think you will know about the many new developments in Jerez and elsewhere, which means that there is a lot more money in the region and it is looking more prosperous than 13 years ago ! Also the region is attracting more visitors and settlors from other places especially from Britain.
The road that connects Jerez with La Linea next to Gibraltar is virtually completed and it is all dual carriageway so no more dangerous mountain corners to negotiate. In fact it is a beautiful road and toll free ! So it is easy to drive from Jerez down to the Costa del Sol. I am sure that with all the economic activity going on and the prospects for the future, it would not be too difficult to find work for someone with a good understanding of the cultures of the Cadiz province area and UK. Depends upon your own strengths and weaknesses ! Buena suerte.

Hi Nige! That was quick!

Yeah, yeah, I was looking for more information on Costa de la Luz, eg, finding a job working for an UK Company down there.... ;-)

I have never flown with Ryanair to Jerez yet, this coming Xmas will be my first time!(I have used Ryanair before and have no complains!!!). As for the roads, I believe you, any time I go there I find it completely different!And I haven't been exploring much, just go ocassionally for a week, and that is a short period!

By the way... what weaknesses are you talking about??

'Been nice reading you!

Carmen.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:15 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi Nige! That was quick!

Yeah, yeah, I was looking for more information on Costa de la Luz, eg, finding a job working for an UK Company down there.... ;-)

I have never flown with Ryanair to Jerez yet, this coming Xmas will be my first time!(I have used Ryanair before and have no complains!!!). As for the roads, I believe you, any time I go there I find it completely different!And I haven't been exploring much, just go ocassionally for a week, and that is a short period!

By the way... what weaknesses are you talking about??

'Been nice reading you!

Carmen.
Hi All

Have just accidently stumbled upon this thread - there is also another forum currently running for the Costa de la Luz - more specifically Costa Esuri - which we subscribe to. It might be worth a read ... it might hold some interesting facts for you.

Sharon
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi All

Have just accidently stumbled upon this thread - there is also another forum currently running for the Costa de la Luz - more specifically Costa Esuri - which we subscribe to. It might be worth a read ... it might hold some interesting facts for you.

Sharon
And how do you subscribe to the Costa Esuri ?
Give us a few interesting facts could you?
We are really keen to learn .....
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:37 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

And how do you subscribe to the Costa Esuri ?
Give us a few interesting facts could you?
We are really keen to learn .....
This is probably not the most accurate way but ... if you go to the top of this page and click on search and key in costa esuri it should bring up the thread for you to read through - hope you've got a lot of time on your hands cos it's up to about 22 pages now!!! If you subscribe to this thread, then you may be able to post a reply on the costa esuri thread too.

Happy reading!
Sharon
Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tednsharon
This is probably not the most accurate way but ... if you go to the top of this page and click on search and key in costa esuri it should bring up the thread for you to read through - hope you've got a lot of time on your hands cos it's up to about 22 pages now!!! If you subscribe to this thread, then you may be able to post a reply on the costa esuri thread too.

Happy reading!
Sharon
OOOOHHHH Thanks for that tip Sharon. And for all the useful information you have given us. You are a star.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOHHHH Thanks for that tip Sharon. And for all the useful information you have given us. You are a star.
I am in Chiclana and absolutely love it, 15 mins from the beach and 20 mins from Jerez. I too would love a job, but, Spanish is poor although trying very hard. I hope to try and get something sales orientated in the summer months as that has been my field for the last 13 years. I have looked at the Costa Esuri site but understand that its on a golf complex which would not have been my seen for permanent living. We are in a rural area with the chickens and allotments which is great except that the chickens don't have alarm clocks!
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glynis
I am in Chiclana and absolutely love it, 15 mins from the beach and 20 mins from Jerez. I too would love a job, but, Spanish is poor although trying very hard. I hope to try and get something sales orientated in the summer months as that has been my field for the last 13 years. I have looked at the Costa Esuri site but understand that its on a golf complex which would not have been my scene for permanent living. We are in a rural area with the chickens and allotments which is great except that the chickens don't have alarm clocks!
I quite agree with you Glynis about the difference. I am sure that there will be people more inclined to invest their money in a new complex designed to appeal to holiday makers who really want to have the golf course on the doorstep. There will be many visitors to that complex who you may only see a few times a year and many 'floating' visitors. To live permanently, you are correct about having a 'home' that can be modified to however you wish and you get to know your neighbours easier. I would personally hate to live on a newly built 'golf course' development - much prefer to have the pick of a golf course nearby and my own patch of Spanish heaven. Also, living on the Costa Esuri type of complex is not conducive to knowing more about the local language and culture. I would much prefer the sounds of the countryside to the wack wack of the gold balls ! But it's all personal taste.
Have you walked along the cliffs from Barossa/Roche to Conil yet Glynis ? Lovely part of the coast with sheltered coves.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:05 am
Just Joined

I quite agree with you Glynis about the difference. I am sure that there will be people more inclined to invest their money in a new complex designed to appeal to holiday makers who really want to have the golf course on the doorstep. There will be many visitors to that complex who you may only see a few times a year and many 'floating' visitors. To live permanently, you are correct about having a 'home' that can be modified to however you wish and you get to know your neighbours easier. I would personally hate to live on a newly built 'golf course' development - much prefer to have the pick of a golf course nearby and my own patch of Spanish heaven. Also, living on the Costa Esuri type of complex is not conducive to knowing more about the local language and culture. I would much prefer the sounds of the countryside to the wack wack of the gold balls ! But it's all personal taste.
Have you walked along the cliffs from Barossa/Roche to Conil yet Glynis ? Lovely part of the coast with sheltered coves.

Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't say it too aloud!!! I do agree with you guys, but as Nige said, different people, different tastes!!!!.

I 've been to la playa de Roche, which unfortunately has changed a lot.....I meant, it was like an unspoilt one, always empty and clean.

Have you guys been to the gorge in Zahara de la Sierra? I think now you need to buy a permit or something but worthing going....

Gotta go now! 3 more weeks and I will go to Spain to sing in the "Zambombas"!!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you guys been to the gorge in Zahara de la Sierra? I think now you need to buy a permit or something but worth going....

Gotta go now! 3 more weeks and I will go to Spain to sing in the "Zambombas"!!
That gorge at Zahara de la Sierra looks GREAT ! But think you need to be fit to be able to follow the entire route. And possibly best to go with an organised group who can organise permit. Think I will stick to the gentle walk along the river from Benamahoma to El Bosque in the Sierra. (Senda de los Pescadores) http://www.upbustleandout.co.uk/zaha...ng/walking.htm
Thanks for the advice !
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

That gorge at Zahara de la Sierra looks GREAT ! But think you need to be fit to be able to follow the entire route. And possibly best to go with an organised group who can organise permit. Think I will stick to the gentle walk along the river from Benamahoma to El Bosque in the Sierra. (Senda de los Pescadores) http://www.upbustleandout.co.uk/zaha...ng/walking.htm
Thanks for the advice !
Thanks for this info, haven't tried walking from Barossa to Conil, didn't even realise you could do it. Will definitely put on my list for after Christmas as well as the Zahara de la Sierra - got to find it on the map first. I must say I have fallen in love with my adopted bit of Spain and am sure the love affair will grow as I discover more and more about it. I couldn't get over walking on the beach in the sunshine on my birthday in October, it was fantastic, normally back home once October came the depression set in with the bad weather and I found that all I was doing was living for the Spring, and as you get older there are less and less of those! We have super neighbours English and Spanish and shortly an Irish and Scots couple. I have also found the Spanish dental system brilliant. Booked an appointment on Monday, saw the Dentist on Tuesday and had extensive work by a very gentle dentish and it cost me 70 euros nearly the same as a clean and brush up by the Hygenist at home.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good on you Glynis !
That walk along the cliffs. You can get to the lighthouse at Cabo Roche by car although it is a bit tricky to find from the Roche side. Then you can see Conil to the East and towards Cadiz is unspoilt walking along the cliffs. Some of the coves are accessible. You can walk all along and get down to the beach at Barossa. On a clear day you can see Cabo Trafalgar in the distance and imagine those warships in October 1805. :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.