Costa Brava ?

Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Costa Brava ?

I am interested in moving to northern Costa Brava , soonest poss. this year !
a ) Are there many British people there , or predominantly Germans/Dutch/Belgians/Skandies ?
b ) Where would it be good and convenient ( roads , shopping , airport , safety , older expats , medical services ) to buy a house , considering that , preferably , we'd like to stay east of Barcelona ?
Thankful in advance , for any comments / suggestions !
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Costa Brava ?

So , 19 days and 55 viewings after my original posting ,
not a single reply !!!???
Now I am really intrigued !
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Brava ?

Originally Posted by Ray51
So , 19 days and 55 viewings after my original posting ,
not a single reply !!!???
Now I am really intrigued !
Never seen the thread before.
I dont know the area myself, but if I was going to live there I would rent an apartment first and check out the area and queries I had.
Everyone has different ideas on what is good and bad, and if the area didn`t suite you can easily move on.
Good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:45 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray51
I am interested in moving to northern Costa Brava , soonest poss. this year !
a ) Are there many British people there , or predominantly Germans/Dutch/Belgians/Skandies ?
b ) Where would it be good and convenient ( roads , shopping , airport , safety , older expats , medical services ) to buy a house , considering that , preferably , we'd like to stay east of Barcelona ?
Thankful in advance , for any comments / suggestions !
Other than to agree that you have to visit to find answers to your questions, I would suggest that to live East of Barcelona may require a boat !!!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevray
Other than to agree that you have to visit to find answers to your questions, I would suggest that to live East of Barcelona may require a boat !!!
Yep i agree, somewhere in the med, seriously the costa brava was our first choice, way too expensive with cold wet winters though. Gerona airport serve it well plenty of cheap flights, look around pallafrugel, lefrank, and tamariu for the best unspoit bits.

Paul
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevray
Just what I was thinking

Let's face it though, if you're after sun, sun and more sun, then Alicante, Murcia and Almeria seem to have an uncanny knack for it when all other parts of Spain are clouded over in showers.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Sun , sun & more sun ?

No , that's definitively one thing I am NOT after ;otherwise , I'd be in Dubai already !
Truly hate the overbuilt show-off Costa del Sol , it's heat & that way of life !
Need a bit of other interests , like in : art , good shopping ( this already says France , rather than Spain ) , occassional travel by my car or a quality-fast-train into a different language-zone , never to see the insides of yet another damn airport again ...
So , that's why Brava looked appetising - i.e. before I looked up villas for sale & silly-to-mad prices , being asked...