Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Blanca Mountain Walking

Costa Blanca Mountain Walking

Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Costa Blanca Mountain Walking

Hi, I know there are the CB Mountain Walkers but they go on wednesdays & saturdays until June. Looking at their schedule they have done some fabulous walks which I would like to do (Benidorm to Albir over the mountain return by bus, Barranc del Inferno, Gandia disused railway line).

Anyone out there interested in joining up for a moderate walk (say c 4 hours to get started, build up from there), days flexible to suit. I have the walks book & could struggle through the map reading!!! famous last words.

I've done the Montgo many times - it's fabulous & gets easier.

Anyone know of any other groups doing a simlilar thing. Just want to get fit & see some scenery.

Cheers,
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:14 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Blanca Mountain Walking

There used to be a Benidorm group, but I’m going back too many years.

I’ve done the Benidorm one many times, and once found another man at the top early one morning. He was sitting right on the far edge looking out to sea, smoking away happily. I lit my own cigarette as quietly as I could in case I startled him and he fell off.

When he turned round, I recognised him. He was the then middle-weight boxing champion of Great Britain. His next fight was a week away and he won it.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Hi good story. I planned to leave the car in Albir, get bus to Beni & walk back over the top. However, I only have running shoes at the moment, boots are coming in March. Do you think it is doable on a fine day in trainers? Also, any estimate of time appreciated.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:46 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I haven’t done it going right along the top, which I think is impossible unless you travel along the cliffs and you would need ropes for that. It’s not even feasible by going up and down each peak, in one go.

I’ve done each range of peaks separately, taking a day for each, in trainers. There’s some formidable stuff in the middle, much harder than Montgo.

The one at Albir is deceptive if you go right to the top, I had to climb down in darkness once when I misjudged it. I blame the cigarette breaks. The views are incredible.