Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of living - why so difficult?

Cost of living - why so difficult?

Old Aug 30th 2015, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living - why so difficult?

@ MartinAnt Have you ever spent time in Spain? Maybe a month renting also shopping and cooking, look around the shops, compare prices of major goods?
Old Aug 30th 2015, 2:18 am
Banned

MartinAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pica
@ MartinAnt Have you ever spent time in Spain? Maybe a month renting also shopping and cooking, look around the shops, compare prices of major goods?
Thanks, Pica, but was hoping just for a rough guide. It's a bit like buying a car - you could spend £10k or £50k. I could not tell you exactly what you'd get, nobs, whistles bells and all, but I could roughly tell you what you'd get for your budget; Jalopy, no frills, family, RR etc.

Last edited by MartinAnt; Aug 30th 2015 at 2:25 am.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 2:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinAnt
I forgot to add patronising on my other thread to my list of issues some contributors suffer.
LOL I guess that's straight out of the book you're currently reading 'how to win friends and influence people''

You keep on reproaching people for not telling you the cost of living over here so I thought I'd be patronising and let you know exactly the cost of living

for a family of three 30K Euros will be sufficient

C'est tout point final

HTH

Last edited by scrubbedexpat095; Aug 30th 2015 at 3:01 am. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mfh
LOL I guess that's straight out of the book you're currently reading 'how to win friends and influence people''

You keep on reproaching people for not telling you the cost of living over here so I thought I'd be patronising and let you know exactly the cost of living

for a family of four 30K Euros will be sufficient

C'est tout point final

HTH
Thanks. I know I am not going to win the award for the most popular of people, but this site can be soooo frustrating. If one is going to join in and offer advice in good faith, then it should be worthwhile for those asking the questions. Too often responders pick holes, patronise and fail to get to the nub of what is being asked which begs the question, what's the point of getting involved? Perhaps to satisfy their egos? Of course, it's rare that anyone would challenge their motives or the quality of their contribution simply because they don't want to be outraised.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:17 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinAnt
why is it difficult to give broad averages when I can do it for the UK?
It's not difficult at all.

Here's my broad average - anything between €10k and €60k per annum will give you what you want, depending on how you spend it.

That was easy, wasn't it?

Of course, if you don't find that the advice we have given you is what you want to hear - please feel free to look elsewhere - I'm sure you will find a forum that suits you. Clearly this one does not.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 30th 2015 at 3:32 am.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's not difficult at all.

Here's my broad average - anything between €10k and €60k per annum will give you what you want, depending on how you spend it.

That was easy, wasn't it?

Of course, if you don't find that the advice we have given you is what you want to hear - please feel free to look elsewhere - I'm sure you will find a forum that suits you.
What's this, an embargo on controversy? Let's all agree to agree.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jimenato
Twat.
Free thinking at it's best!
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:57 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Troll alert :-)
Old Aug 30th 2015, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

His other thread is more troll like and interesting to watch IMO
Old Aug 30th 2015, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone needs to calm the hell down & have a drink for €1… and perhaps a full English £1.99.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 4:13 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I see no point in continuing this thread and I am closing it.