Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Estepona/San Pedro C.D Sol

Cost of living in Estepona/San Pedro C.D Sol

Old Dec 31st 2012, 11:57 am
Just Joined

lizzieadams2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of living in Estepona/San Pedro C.D Sol

Hi we are looking at relocating to San Pedro Estepona in Costa Del Sol and want to know what cost of living is roughly for a family of 2 adults with a 3 year old and a baby.

We need to weigh up all the outgoing costs first before we take the plunge so any advice anyone can offer on living there inc schools etc I'd be most greatful!

Many Thanks,
Lizzie
Old Dec 31st 2012, 12:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in Estepona/San Pedro C.D Sol

Originally Posted by lizzieadams2014
Hi we are looking at relocating to San Pedro Estepona in Costa Del Sol and want to know what cost of living is roughly for a family of 2 adults with a 3 year old and a baby.

We need to weigh up all the outgoing costs first before we take the plunge so any advice anyone can offer on living there inc schools etc I'd be most greatful!

Many Thanks,
Lizzie

It's very difficult to estimate cost of living without knowing what sort of lifestyle you are looking at. Will either of you have a job with a contract, unless that is happening you have to factor in healthcare costs as you would need to get private cover, do you like to eat out a lot, how big a property are you looking at?
Electricity is more expensive than the UK, telephone and internet as well, also internet speeds are considerably slower that the UK. The Spanish 'council tax' is lower that the UK as is road tax for a vehicle, however due to Spain's ecconomic crisis, taxes have gone up a lot recently, especially IVA (VAT)
Old Dec 31st 2012, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs

It's very difficult to estimate cost of living without knowing what sort of lifestyle you are looking at. Will either of you have a job with a contract, unless that is happening you have to factor in healthcare costs as you would need to get private cover, do you like to eat out a lot, how big a property are you looking at?
Electricity is more expensive than the UK, telephone and internet as well, also internet speeds are considerably slower that the UK. The Spanish 'council tax' is lower that the UK as is road tax for a vehicle, however due to Spain's ecconomic crisis, taxes have gone up a lot recently, especially IVA (VAT)
would just be electricity, water and food prices etc really. I've found out info about other things.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

would just be electricity, water and food prices etc really. I've found out info about other things.
They also vary hugely depending on your lifestyle e.g. will you be living in a huge villa with a heated pool with air con in every room or a small flat without aircon and heating? Eating at Lidl and the local markets or at the gourmet shops and eating out lots?

Electric could be either 50 euros or 500 euros per month
Food between 50 euros and 150 euros per week, depending on your choices
Water I'm not sure about
Old Dec 31st 2012, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I'll find stuff out thankS!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Best stay put if your not on a good private income or have a good paying job to support yourselves as there is very little work around.
People are donating food to be distributed by food banks in some areas for the unemployed and poor. Things are not marvellous here whereas u will get more help in the UK,
If your self supporting good luck I love Spain.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I'll find stuff out thankS!
tbh you won't go too far wrong if you reckon on costs being more or less what you spend in the UK

some things will be cheaper, some more expensive - especially if you have kids
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks,
Lizzie
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Best stay put if your not on a good private income or have a good paying job to support yourselves as there is very little work around.
People are donating food to be distributed by food banks in some areas for the unemployed and poor. Things are not marvellous here whereas u will get more help in the UK,
If your self supporting good luck I love Spain.
I was assuming that they already had the income sorted out otherwise they wouldn't even be considering moving..
Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Yes that what i meant, if you have an income its a lovely place to be
But if you havent, not very good and moving at this time is not, recommended.

Last edited by DENISE WALTERS; Jan 1st 2013 at 12:04 pm. Reason: add