Cost of Living

Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:51 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. From your list, and allowing £1=€1.20:.
I was factoring the cost of converting to pounds LOL :-)
Old Apr 20th 2022, 10:00 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
and I am not good at maths :-)
Old Apr 20th 2022, 11:05 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

and I am not good at maths :-)

Old Apr 22nd 2022, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

I could not believe how expensive food is when I arrived in Spain. It’s a lot more expensive than the UK where I live. Only cigarettes abs alcohol are cheaper. Also there is an article today about the ECB not buying up any more Spanish debt anymore so expect things to get a lot lot worse. With Spains lefty government which are hell bent on destroying business with covid restrictions id start to worry if you have a limited income.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen the size of the product here go down and the price stay the same. Smoke and mirrors like Poundland in the UK.

my favourite wine has gone up today 3.69 to 4.29. No doubt transport costs haven’t helped.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
I have seen the size of the product here go down and the price stay the same. Smoke and mirrors like Poundland in the UK.

my favourite wine has gone up today 3.69 to 4.29. No doubt transport costs haven’t helped.
Weighting down is done to prevent having to raise prices when costs go up - and is not unique to any country.

Transport costs have hit prices here too.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Alsa bus fares have gone up recently, but not by very much. A half price ticket with an over 65 card from where I live to Málaga was €1.71 and is now €1.76. Our local bus fares have not gone up (yet). Two municipalities bordering mine (Rincon de la Victoria and Torrox) have made local public transport free for residents, mine announced last year that they would be doing the same for young people and the over 65s but there is no sign of it happening yet.

I saw that Renfe were advertising AVE tickets for €15 on sale yesterday, today and tomorrow for travel between June and September. Thought I'd have a look for September, went to the website yesterday and got a message saying the waiting time was over an hour and there were 145,000 people ahead of me in the queue! So I gave up on that one.

Old Apr 23rd 2022, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Alsa bus fares have gone up recently, but not by very much. A half price ticket with an over 65 card from where I live to Málaga was €1.71 and is now €1.76. Our local bus fares have not gone up (yet). Two municipalities bordering mine (Rincon de la Victoria and Torrox) have made local public transport free for residents, mine announced last year that they would be doing the same for young people and the over 65s but there is no sign of it happening yet.

I saw that Renfe were advertising AVE tickets for €15 on sale yesterday, today and tomorrow for travel between June and September. Thought I'd have a look for September, went to the website yesterday and got a message saying the waiting time was over an hour and there were 145,000 people ahead of me in the queue! So I gave up on that one.
Take a look on Trainline, there’s no wait and they have the same offers
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at UK rail fares thd other day in relation to an upcoming trip. They seemed very expensive no low cost ones that I used to find. I also think the way Spain has acted with its subsidising petrol and diesel is better as its subsidy is given direct at the pump. So pump price displays actual cost but when paying you get refund or if as I did the other day you put x amount in and pay at the pump you get extra fuel to equivalent of the rebate. I put 25 euros of petrol in but got just over 28 Euros of petrol. Many in the UK seem to think the reduction Sunak announced seems to have just been absorbed and disappeared at the pumps. Cheap alcohol may change in Spain I have read duty on alcohol and cigarettes is under review as its the lowest in the EU.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, 0,22 cents for a beer (Consum) with no "extracts" but all natural ingrediants is pretty cheap...
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I was in UK last week. The local Tesco was definitely cheaper than my Consum and basically for me I felt overall things were about equal. The only thing that makes Spain feel cheaper is the housing side of things. Plus most Brits get income / pensions from uk so there is a slight advantage with exchange rate. 20 odd years ago when I first live in Spain the rate was around £1 to 1,50 € so it was very cheap and people just kept on saying that for years and it just became a constant belief. Nowadays I would say it's about the same but I no longer think of Spain as cheap. However on a different note- got a flight to Edinburgh in 2 weeks for 7,00€!!!!! That is staggering- the bus to the airport is more!!!
Old Apr 26th 2022, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see if these measures achieve the desired effect of reducing the cost of electricity by 40% for consumers on the regulated tariff. It won't affect those of us on free market tariffs.

https://elpais.com/economia/2022-04-...de-la-luz.html
Old Apr 26th 2022, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
It will be interesting to see if these measures achieve the desired effect of reducing the cost of electricity by 40% for consumers on the regulated tariff. It won't affect those of us on free market tariffs.

https://elpais.com/economia/2022-04-...de-la-luz.html
Incidentally I have just received a text from Iberdrola saying that you can arrange for someone to come to your home and assess your circumstances and discuss which of their plans is best for you and the service is free for all customers. They even say they will phone to see if you want to arrange this.
Old Apr 26th 2022, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know this is not about something as essential as food or energy prices, so forgive me if it appears rather frivolous. But I was just reading this article about the threat of public swimming pools in the UK having to close because of the rise in energy prices.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ministers-told

In the comments was one from a person who said that their local pool (now run by a private company as a great many are in the UK) had increased their prices for a one hour session, when they were allowed to reopen after lockdown, to eight pounds and they could no longer afford to use it. I pay €30 for a pass for 20 sessions at my local municipal pool (an annual pass for use during restricted (less popular) hours is available to over 65s which costs €25) and so far I have seen no indications that our public pools may have to close or the temperature of the water be reduced because of energy prices.
Old Apr 26th 2022, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Incidentally I have just received a text from Iberdrola saying that you can arrange for someone to come to your home and assess your circumstances and discuss which of their plans is best for you and the service is free for all customers. They even say they will phone to see if you want to arrange this.
I haven't received one yet but I am a very new customer so maybe they are still finalising getting things set up. Will you take them up on the offer, do you think? I am always instinctively wary of companies wanting to come to my home, or even phone me, wanting to talk me into something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.