cost of living

Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:19 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of living

Originally Posted by cricketman
OK that's gone too far. I've reported you now. You can't go around accusing people's faimilies of being liars.

You show a complete lack of class
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:21 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I agree with him, I have said before you'd be better off telling us of things that you have personal experience of. Don't believe everything that everyone tells you and everything you read on the internet. It's not always true.

That I think is your main problem, you somehow think you are superior to everyone on this forum. You seem quite happy to refer to someone as "You are a bit stupid", and similar comments, if they don't agree with you.
Totally agree.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
OK that's gone too far. I've reported you now. You can't go around accusing people's faimilies of being liars.

You show a complete lack of class
I have only just seen this "lack of Class" comment.

In my numbskull and stupid way I will tell you what I think is LACK OF CLASS.

It is a group of people, be it family or friends sitting around and discussing how much they earn, how much they spend on holidays, cars etc.

I have lived all my life so far without knowing the salaries and financial affairs of my nearest and dearest, and I am sure that goes for most of the posters on here.

And what shows NO CLASS AT ALL is for someone to post their salaries on a forum.

I bet your 60k lawyer friend would not be very pleased that you are disclosing his/her salary on expats forum, just to impress us poor "peasant" and make yourself sound interesting.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:57 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I have only just seen this "lack of Class" comment.

In my numbskull and stupid way I will tell you what I think is LACK OF CLASS.

It is a group of people, be it family or friends sitting around and discussing how much they earn, how much they spend on holidays, cars etc.

I have lived all my life so far without knowing the salaries and financial affairs of my nearest and dearest, and I am sure that goes for most of the posters on here.

And what shows NO CLASS AT ALL is for someone to post their salaries on a forum.

I bet your 60k lawyer friend would not be very pleased that you are disclosing his/her salary on expats forum, just to impress us poor "peasant" and make yourself sound interesting.
I am with him on this one.

Nice one,

Love you, me me.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

siesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nice

I will tell you what I think is LACK OF CLASS.

It is a group of people, be it family or friends sitting around and discussing how much they earn
In my opinion and experience, I don't think it's lack of class (or anything negative) to know what your family members earn. Maybe it's a cultural shock of some kind because I'm Spanish and the relationship with family is completely different here. I don't post on forums about the finances of my family or friends or I don't go asking friends or acquantainces about this but it can be discussed at some point if the situation comes up...but saying that discussing money matters with family in private is lack of class is just ridiculous from my point of view.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

just to impress us poor "peasant"
Ahem speak for yourself.......... I'm no poor peasant

p.s. just kidding folks
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:05 am
Just Joined

oskarkeeley is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, this was my first visit to an expats forum and it has been an experience.
Thanks to the couple that have actually provided feedback to me, the originator of the thread.
To the rest of you that seem to have nothing better to do than argue in a chatroom - get a life!
I'm off
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:16 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oskarkeeley
Well, this was my first visit to an expats forum and it has been an experience.
Thanks to the couple that have actually provided feedback to me, the originator of the thread.
To the rest of you that seem to have nothing better to do than argue in a chatroom - get a life!
I'm off
Well there you go - another satisfied customer - NOT!

Another perfectly good thread ruined by constant bickering and off topic and personal comments.

Thread closed.