Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of last year of school

Cost of last year of school

Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:35 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cost of last year of school

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Middle daughter will stay here but just incase was wanting to know cost so thanks for that.
We're in the same position as you, our eldest will be doing last year of A levels and has decided to stay here for last year, staying with his dad at weekends and girlfriends parent during week, he will then take a year out before uni to spend traveling, and stay i Spain for a while.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
We're in the same position as you, our eldest will be doing last year of A levels and has decided to stay here for last year, staying with his dad at weekends and girlfriends parent during week, he will then take a year out before uni to spend traveling, and stay i Spain for a while.
It will be hard being parted however she will work hard and do well, I am looking at all options though as i know what she is like the day before she will want to come.

Having said that i dont think i will allow her as she needs these gcse's in this country to be able to go on to do A levels.

Thing is i have not told her dad yet ha ha ha, we are waiting until we are 100% sure we are going to spain next month to have a look around at some properties.

If that goes well and financially it is worth while then the family will be told.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

Something you may not have considered................a student has to be resident in the UK for the 3 years prior to starting university, in order to be eligible for a student loan. They are entitled to apply for a loan to cover tuition fees, but not the loan for living expenses.

If they apply for uni in England they are considered to be european students and therefore not eligible and if they apply for uni in Scotland they are considered to be UK students and not eligible. (Eurpoean students in Scotland are eligible for loans.)

This is something we slipped up on when we moved here with our 3 teenagers.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kayley
Something you may not have considered................a student has to be resident in the UK for the 3 years prior to starting university, in order to be eligible for a student loan. They are entitled to apply for a loan to cover tuition fees, but not the loan for living expenses.

If they apply for uni in England they are considered to be european students and therefore not eligible and if they apply for uni in Scotland they are considered to be UK students and not eligible. (Eurpoean students in Scotland are eligible for loans.)

This is something we slipped up on when we moved here with our 3 teenagers.
Dont think mine will make uni

Ive just had the oldest predicted grades for gcse's
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

I know what you mean. We may be saving some cash with my youngest!