Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of electricityIt has been announced that in July the cost will rise by 10%. That

Cost of electricityIt has been announced that in July the cost will rise by 10%. That

Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:34 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cost of electricityIt has been announced that in July the cost will rise by 10%.

Originally Posted by cricketman
Erm right, someone bring the straitjacket!

Electricity prices are high in Spain because a very high proportion comes from renewable sources, wind farms, solar farms and hydroelectricity
I would encourage everyone to have a look at peak oil. Google it and see what you find. I am not an alarmist but have been studying the subject for many years. I also believe that this recession will not be recoverable. Things are steadily going to get worse. Don't take my word for it. Do your own research. Unless governments act now we are all in deep doo doo.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:09 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of electricityIt has been announced that in July the cost will rise by 10%.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Water is going up about 2-4 euro per month in málaga too.

I really don't know how some of the people say in the cost of living threads that they only pay about 40 euro pm for electric, unless they are all gas except for a few lights.
Well I suppose they keep warm by sucking a fishermans friend , and have a log burning computer, TV etc.

Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Well I suppose they keep warm by sucking a fishermans friend , and have a log burning computer, TV etc.

I got one today for 41.99€`s
They are usually in the low 70's though.

PS, I pay 15€`s a qtr for water, our urb has a good buyer.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:28 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
When the climate change argument has been proved to be based on false and or inaccurate scientific evidence how can this reason be used to justify such huge rises in cost of electricity in Spain?
Ah yes, because human made CO2 is different to that made by nature, so it doesn't warm does it?

And pumping greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere doesn't do anything at all, does it?

No. The world isn't warming. Much. Yet. Ever tried thinking about how much heat it takes to melt all that ice? Ever wondered what's going to happen when the lst ice goes? Ever thought about sunspots? I bet you don't even know the connection, but I bet you can parrot every dumbass climate denying crap available.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:33 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
Ah yes, because human made CO2 is different to that made by nature, so it doesn't warm does it?

And pumping greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere doesn't do anything at all, does it?

No. The world isn't warming. Much. Yet. Ever tried thinking about how much heat it takes to melt all that ice? Ever wondered what's going to happen when the lst ice goes? Ever thought about sunspots? I bet you don't even know the connection, but I bet you can parrot every dumbass climate denying crap available.
Has anyone else looked into peak oil?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:00 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Has anyone else looked into peak oil?
I know the concept, but hasn't there been some new discoveries since then?

Plus, doesn't the high costs now mean that tar sands and the like now become worth extracting, and on top of that what about the methane clathrates? I seem to remember that there is a HUGE amount of energy in that stuff.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:33 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by bil
I know the concept, but hasn't there been some new discoveries since then?

Plus, doesn't the high costs now mean that tar sands and the like now become worth extracting, and on top of that what about the methane clathrates? I seem to remember that there is a HUGE amount of energy in that stuff.
The new discoveries made dont even put a dent in the decline in world oil production. If a discovery is made of 1 billion barrels of oil, for example, it sounds a lot. But the world currently consumes 85 million barrels of oil per DAY!!!

Tar sands uses a huge amount of energy and fresh water to extract. When it reaches 1 barrel of oil to extract 1 barrel from the earth it is no longer an energy source. That is why we are seeing lots more deep water exploration as there is no more easily extracted oil on land.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:09 pm
bil
Banned

The new discoveries made dont even put a dent in the decline in world oil production. If a discovery is made of 1 billion barrels of oil, for example, it sounds a lot. But the world currently consumes 85 million barrels of oil per DAY!!!

Tar sands uses a huge amount of energy and fresh water to extract. When it reaches 1 barrel of oil to extract 1 barrel from the earth it is no longer an energy source. That is why we are seeing lots more deep water exploration as there is no more easily extracted oil on land.
What's the sum of the clathrates?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:56 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by bil
What's the sum of the clathrates?
I would need to look into that but I do know that it is 62 times more poluting to the atmosphere than co2.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS View Post
Originally Posted by jdr
I got one today for 41.99€`s
They are usually in the low 70's though.

PS, I pay 15€`s a qtr for water, our urb has a good buyer.
You bought a log burning computer for 41.99€ ?
Any pics?
I want one of those!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
You bought a log burning computer for 41.99€ ?
Any pics?
I want one of those!
no an estimacated lectrickery bill.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 4:43 pm
bil
Banned

I would need to look into that but I do know that it is 62 times more poluting to the atmosphere than co2.
Comparisons are very difficult. Mind you we already use natural gas all over.

Burning it isn't more polluting, it's when it is released into the atmosphere unburnt that it creates problems.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:36 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

New price rises for electric and bottled gas have been announced in the past few days.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
New price rises for electric and bottled gas have been announced in the past few days.

Reading back it seems that not many people are concerned at all....... preferring to waffle on about climate change etc etc.

This does nothing to ease the burden for the here and now.

Ive never met anyone who pays 40 euros every 2 months for their electricity.

I dont use bottled gas.

Last edited by whitelinen; Oct 2nd 2010 at 10:57 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:02 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Reading back it seems that not many people are concerned at all....... preferring to waffle on about climate change etc etc.

This does nothing to ease the burden for the here and now.

Ive never met anyone who pays 40 euros every 2 months for their electricity.

I dont use bottled gas.
Bottled gas is great for cooking as you aren't fazed by power cuts, and I prefer cooking on gas anyway.

Hell, I'd be delighted with an electricity bill that was just 40 euros a month. This summer ours has hit 100 in a single month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.