COST OF DRUGS

Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

beverleyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COST OF DRUGS

Hi

I am a Diabetic and would like to know the cost of the following medication please if anyone uses them:

Simvastatin
Ramipril
Felopodene
Metformin
Aspirin

Thanks for any help with this.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COST OF DRUGS

Originally Posted by beverleyp
Hi

I am a Diabetic and would like to know the cost of the following medication please if anyone uses them:

Simvastatin
Ramipril
Felopodene
Metformin
Aspirin

Statins are cheap here, around €2 for a months supply.
Dont know what most the others are, but Asprin is cheap, as is Paracetemol.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:59 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

I buy Ramipril 2.5mg (for my dog!) over the counter at the farmacía and it's 4€ for a packet of 28.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for replies. Aaah! your poor dog. What's he worried about??!!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 12:44 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replies. Aaah! your poor dog. What's he worried about??!!
Beverleyp, What were your symptons so that you have been prescribed a doggy medication??

Did you have a nasty habit of greeting people by sniffing their crotch???

or something worse?........................
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:32 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

It's prescribed for congestive heart failure in dogs...but she ain't worried about it!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:33 pm
Banned

naughty boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Some years ago I used to get a private prescription in UK. I discovered by chance that one major high street chemist were twice the price of Lloyd's. I had thought prescription medicines would have a controlled price in UK
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:51 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naughty boy
Some years ago I used to get a private prescription in UK. I discovered by chance that one major high street chemist were twice the price of Lloyd's. I had thought prescription medicines would have a controlled price in UK

They do!! If you go privately tho you pay the full price of the drug - altho most drugs are actually cheaper than the price of the script

Jo xx
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
They do!! If you go privately tho you pay the full price of the drug - altho most drugs are actually cheaper than the price of the script

Jo xx
They are all free here anyway! But even before that I think you could pay about £80 ??? a year, and that covered everything.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Do the cost of drugs vary in Spain then??
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Very good thread I was actually wondering the same for asthma inhalers.

Would I get them over the counter in Spain or from the doctor?.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JLFS
Beverleyp, What were your symptons so that you have been prescribed a doggy medication??

Did you have a nasty habit of greeting people by sniffing their crotch???

or something worse?........................
I've pawsed for thought to answer this one but in desperation have decided to call off the dogs. Help anyone?!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Simvastatin
Ramipril
Felopodene
Metformin
Aspirin

Do you not receive those free as you are a diabetic?
Or are you not on the health service?

I know that insulin is very expensive over the counter in Spain (€ 48 for a box of 5)
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:38 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
Do you not receive those free as you are a diabetic?
Or are you not on the health service?

I know that insulin is very expensive over the counter in Spain (€ 48 for a box of 5)

We've always had to pay for our medication in Spain. The doctors visits are free, but the prescriptions have to be paid for. The pharmacist told me that only under 1 years get it free???????

Out of interest I used to have to take metformin for my type 2 diabetes and when I went on the Atkins diet it went and hasnt returned and that was 7 years ago!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
We've always had to pay for our medication in Spain. The doctors visits are free, but the prescriptions have to be paid for. The pharmacist told me that only under 1 years get it free???????

Out of interest I used to have to take metformin for my type 2 diabetes and when I went on the Atkins diet it went and hasnt returned and that was 7 years ago!

Jo xxx
And old farts like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.