Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cost of ADSL Broadband (Telefonica)

Cost of ADSL Broadband (Telefonica)

Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of ADSL Broadband (Telefonica)

I would like to hear from people who use Telefonica ADSL Broadband
I am paying 39.95 for 6mg at the moment .
I have been with them since 2004
From what I hear I am paying far too much.
I would love to hear other peoples views , and how they managed to get it cheaper ?
Any advice please !
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of ADSL Broadband (Telefonica)

it is 17.95 for new customers, so cancel yours and start in wifes name ?

I am annoyed as the offer came in about 3 weeks after I had it installed, but I believe I am tied for a year ?
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The current ADSL prices are as follows, all plus IVA, plus the cost of the landline which is €14.38 :-

ADSL 10mb, free calls to fixed landlines €17.92

ADSL 10mb, free calls to fixed landlines plus 550 mins to mobiles €19.90

ADSL Fibre 30mb, free calls to landlines plus 550 mins to mobiles €29.90

The Fusion contracts include ADSL, landline and a mobile contract.

Fusion Mini 4G is €34.90 and includes 10mb ADSL, landline with free national calls and 100 minutes free mobile calls to fixed or mobiles and 100mb of data.

Fusion 4G is €49.90 with unlimited national call and unlimited mobile calls, free texts and 1gb of data.

From the above, you can see that Fusion Mini is pretty much the same price as ADSL and you get a mobile data contract included.

As for changing over, Movistar will allow existing customers to change over and most likely also do so even if you have only just signed up for the normal ADSL service.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

it says under your post the ad's by google

Movistar ADSL 17,62€/mes
ADSL 10 MB + Llamadas por 17,62€ al mes. Alta e Instalación Gratis.
promocionmovistar. es/ ADSL

I cant see them changing it over, but it is worth a try, maybe ill go in a shop its easier to express your discontentment than on the phone.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
I would like to hear from people who use Telefonica ADSL Broadband
I am paying 39.95 for 6mg at the moment .
I have been with them since 2004
From what I hear I am paying far too much.
I would love to hear other peoples views , and how they managed to get it cheaper ?
Any advice please !
Is this your total cost - including landline and IVA? If so it looks as if you are not far away from the current costs. If it doesn't then you should change.

PS: I am a past expert at stating the bleeding obvious - forgive
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

On the fusion deal they might say that you get 10mb but I am lucky if I get 2.56mb and they have no intention of doing anything about it, when you phone them they say - oh you can only get 1 mb in the campo. When the years contract expires at the end of April I am going to be looking elsewhere as that speed is no good for watching internet tv
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
it says under your post the ad's by google

Movistar ADSL 17,62€/mes .
Sorry, my typo.

I think they will change you over, they are trying to get everyone onto Fusion and it also ties you in for 12 months whereas your current landline contract is 6 months.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Is this your total cost - including landline and IVA? If so it looks as if you are not far away from the current costs. If it doesn't then you should change.

PS: I am a past expert at stating the bleeding obvious - forgive
If you read his similar post on the other thread he specifically says broadband only. I was paying that a few years ago just for ADSL and eventually they agreed to let me move to the new price after about 2 years of trying!

I then moved to Fusion as soon as it became available.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by jo-ann
On the fusion deal they might say that you get 10mb but I am lucky if I get 2.56mb and they have no intention of doing anything about it, when you phone them they say - oh you can only get 1 mb in the campo. When the years contract expires at the end of April I am going to be looking elsewhere as that speed is no good for watching internet tv
That's the case whether you have Fusion or not. 10mb means "up to" 10mb.

I only get 2.6mb as we live 1.5km from the exchange. Changing to another ISP won't make any difference as they use the existing Movistar line. The only way to get a higher speed is WiFi or satellite.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fred James

I only get 2.6mb as we live 1.5km from the exchange. Changing to another ISP won't make any difference as they use the existing Movistar line. The only way to get a higher speed is WiFi or satellite.
That is what I am going to be looking at, fed up with Telefonica. The last time the engineer was at our house, he said the exchange was so old it was going to keep giving problems, but despite Telefonica's profits they do not want to invest in the campo
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:49 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

Interestingly, when I asked for the 10Mb deal, they said that as I lived in the campo I could only get 1Mb and that this contract (for 1Mb) was MORE expensive. I asked for the bigger one and they said - NO