Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Corrupt Spanish Legal System

Corrupt Spanish Legal System

Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Burnt in Baza is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Corrupt Spanish Legal System

I am currently being dealt with by the corrupt Spanish Courts of Granada after being set-up by my ex partner, and feel that other male Brits need to warned about the system that has been put into place by the Expat women of Baza.

As soon as you start to mix with the women who run the English bars in the Baza area your female partner will be taken to one side and taught how to use the legal system to her advantage. I know, I sat and listened many months before this happened to me. This is far more serious and sinister than it first sounds. You see, the Spanish legal system is supposedly set up to protect women from violence, instead the people in power (and the women in Baza) use the law to ensure that women are able to make false accusations and walk away with everything that you own. You need to make sure that your money and your property is in your name only if you are to stand any chance of hanging on to it. You may think this is an exaggeration and an over reaction, but believe me, it is not.

I was far too trusting and fair to believe that anyone would ever set me up just to take the material things I had. I did nothing, not even defend myself, only to realize too late that I was being beaten and shouted at in an effort to make me fight back, so that I could then be proved to have been violent. I refused to retaliate and thought that would be enough. Not even close. Without any proof at all my ex has done exactly what she was instructed to do by the women of Baza, and has walked with everything. She is now doing all she can to get me imprisoned, so she can dispose of the property while I am out of the way, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I went to the High Court in Granada last Thursday (10/12/09) and was refused permission to have the Police in Court. I wrongly believed that the Police – being neutral, would relate their version of events and the injuries they witnessed, which would prove the lies. Instead, I was told in no uncertain terms that this was not going to be allowed. I left the Court convinced that my defence solicitor had made a prior agreement with the Judge, as nobody could be that bad at their job and still be employed. He was nothing more than a spectator for the whole of the trial. He even came to me before the trial and told me that the Judge had already decided that I was guilty and was prepared to offer me a reduced sentence of 6 months in prison if I agreed and pleaded guilty. I was left in no doubt that any attempt at defence would leave me with a “Far More Severe Sentence”. As I refused to plead guilty to something I had not done I am now waiting to hear the severity of my sentence and my ex is happy in the knowledge that I will soon be unable to interfere with her plans.

So before you trust any women in the Baza area or the Legal system of Spain make sure that your rectum is not only covered, it is watertight.

I am interested in anyone who has had a similar experience or who can help me with addresses and the complaints procedure against the Spanish legal system and the corrupt Courts. If you can contribute, or need support please get in touch.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:06 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Corrupt Spanish Legal System

Originally Posted by Burnt in Baza

I was far too trusting and fair to believe that anyone would ever set me up just to take the material things I had..
You should always be aware if women come easy, there usually after one thing and it ain't what god blessed you with, no matter what the size.

Women and Men have been ripping into each other since Adam and Eve, nothing new and it is not unique to Spain or Baza.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chulo
You should always be aware if women come easy, there usually after one thing and it ain't what god blessed you with, no matter what the size.

Women and Men have been ripping into each other since Adam and Eve, nothing new and it is not unique to Spain or Baza.
Most helpful, I'm sure that'll keep me out of prison.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Most helpful, I'm sure that'll keep me out of prison.
I would think it's unlikely we can help that much...... however, if your story is accurate & you can come up with other ripped off men prepared to tell their tale too, I'd have thought some newspaper/radio station somewhere might be interested. Can't say what result that would have, but in the UK, publicity often has the desired effect.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Unfortunately, those are the cold hard Facts of Life.

Not sure anyone here can do much to help,...other than offer deepest sympathy for your situation.
Only thing I can suggest is that you find another lawyer who will hopefully be able to give you some honest and fully independant advice regarding your seemingly limited options.
Best of luck anyway,......No doubt once bitten,twice shy, and another lesson unfortunately learnt the hard way........
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Not that I know much about the legal system here, but are you not innocent until PROVEN guilty?

How did your ex PROVE that you were violent if there were no visible injuries? You made no confession. There were no witnesses or CCTV coverage (I assume). So on what basis were you convicted??

If it was one person's word against another that does not constitute proof of an offence, so how can the judge send you to prison for six months on that basis???
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:43 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

She is now doing all she can to get me imprisoned, so she can dispose of the property while I am out of the way, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
If your property is jointly owned she can't dispose of anything without your compliance.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently being dealt with by the corrupt Spanish Courts of Granada after being set-up by my ex partner, and feel that other male Brits need to warned about the system that has been put into place by the Expat women of Baza.

As soon as you start to mix with the women who run the English bars in the Baza area your female partner will be taken to one side and taught how to use the legal system to her advantage. I know, I sat and listened many months before this happened to me. This is far more serious and sinister than it first sounds. You see, the Spanish legal system is supposedly set up to protect women from violence, instead the people in power (and the women in Baza) use the law to ensure that women are able to make false accusations and walk away with everything that you own. You need to make sure that your money and your property is in your name only if you are to stand any chance of hanging on to it. You may think this is an exaggeration and an over reaction, but believe me, it is not.

I was far too trusting and fair to believe that anyone would ever set me up just to take the material things I had. I did nothing, not even defend myself, only to realize too late that I was being beaten and shouted at in an effort to make me fight back, so that I could then be proved to have been violent. I refused to retaliate and thought that would be enough. Not even close. Without any proof at all my ex has done exactly what she was instructed to do by the women of Baza, and has walked with everything. She is now doing all she can to get me imprisoned, so she can dispose of the property while I am out of the way, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I went to the High Court in Granada last Thursday (10/12/09) and was refused permission to have the Police in Court. I wrongly believed that the Police – being neutral, would relate their version of events and the injuries they witnessed, which would prove the lies. Instead, I was told in no uncertain terms that this was not going to be allowed. I left the Court convinced that my defence solicitor had made a prior agreement with the Judge, as nobody could be that bad at their job and still be employed. He was nothing more than a spectator for the whole of the trial. He even came to me before the trial and told me that the Judge had already decided that I was guilty and was prepared to offer me a reduced sentence of 6 months in prison if I agreed and pleaded guilty. I was left in no doubt that any attempt at defence would leave me with a “Far More Severe Sentence”. As I refused to plead guilty to something I had not done I am now waiting to hear the severity of my sentence and my ex is happy in the knowledge that I will soon be unable to interfere with her plans.

So before you trust any women in the Baza area or the Legal system of Spain make sure that your rectum is not only covered, it is watertight.

I am interested in anyone who has had a similar experience or who can help me with addresses and the complaints procedure against the Spanish legal system and the corrupt Courts. If you can contribute, or need support please get in touch.
The politics of the current government (the PSOE of Zapatero, not of Gonzalez) it is something that we had never seen in this country. I understand to you, because this is a true horror, since this government introduced his ideology in our penal code, the justice and the common sense came out for the other window. This government, has created truly anti-constitutional laws, as the " Ley de discriminación positiva " (Law of positive discrimination). Today in Spain, and with this government, the stupidity and lack of coherence and common sense has arrived at some untenable levels

Many judges have already denounced this, because what is happening in this country since Zapatero (the Illuminate) governs. I had never seen it

I advise you that you read this:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/1.../21506262.html

I will try to translate it

To revise the Law of Violence of Gender, question of justice

A JUDGE from Seville has dared to break the taboo about the gender violence when denouncing the unidirectionality of the law, only focused to pursue the bad treatments of the men over even of some of the most elementary juridical guarantees.

The magistrate Francisco Serrano has years gathering informations that demonstrate the unequal treatment to the gender violence, of luck that if a woman presents an accusation the judge almost always dictates precautionary measures in an immediate way, what never happens when the one affected is a male.

The thousands of men who have been detained in these last years by women's accusations, but there is not neither a only case in which the accusers (women) have been processed by false accusations, although, like declared the judge from Barcelona María Sanahuja, there is knowledge than many women they invent those bad treatments to improve the conditions of the divorce.

Serrano has studied the gender violence especially in Andalusia. It points out that, according to data of the Office, in this community 9.800 procedures were filed by bad treatments in 2008, of which have been filed more than 90% or have ended up in acquittal.

It is ignored, on the contrary that this year the domestic violence has caused the death of 30 men, but this last datum is not registered in the official statistics, like the judge Serrano affirms in a report that today publishes our supplement Crónica.

The casuistry not already only puts in evidence the existence of a double face. The Law of Violence of Gender, approved in December of 2004, is an example of inequality. If somebody took the nuisance of dedicating ten minutes to see the article of the norm, could see that the gender violence is only bounded to the wrong treatment of the men against the women.

So says the preamble and numerous articles of the law. When speaks of preventive measures, of support and of social reintegration it is only considered possible beneficiaries to the women. According to the legislator, or there are not men that suffer aggressions or they don't deserve those help.

As it is known, this norm also establishes a series of penal punishments that are much more serious if the abusers are men that if they are women, in clear violation of the principle of equality before the law.

Suffice, like we said, an accusation of a woman so that the Justice acts, many times under the presumption that the man is guilty. There are hardly cases, counted with the fingers of the hand, of women that have been condemned to attack their husbands.

It is certain that the women are victims of bad treatments with more frequency that the men, but it is also it that there men wrongly convicted that have had to suffer a personal calvary. There the case of Miguel Ángel Torres that he has suffered a hell of six years until it has been demonstrated that it was falsely accused by their wife of abusing of a daughter. Torres it lost his work, it suffers a chronic depression and it is being treated today of a cancer.

Many men have suffered the stigma be accused of abusers and then they have been acquitted, after suffering an irreparable moral damage. It is a silenced reality, but not for it less serious.

To the margin that some things that this judge says are exaggerated or be influenced by his feelings, the rationality indicates that it is necessary to revise the Law of Violence of Gender. First, establishing the equality of the hardships, with independence of the aggressor's sex. In second place, avoiding the man's discrimination when obtaining protection of the authorities. It is of strict justice, no matter how much the official propaganda determines to criminalize the men without recognizing that the women can also be abusers.

That the PSOE voted in favor of this law it is not strange, keeping in mind Zapatero's superficial feminism, but what we doesn't understand is that the PP seconded this at what price of its most elementary principles.

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 15th 2009 at 2:16 am.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:07 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting post Relampago.
I think another factor, that only recently is starting to be increasingly recognised is that only a small percentage of female violence against males ever comes to light, as is the case with female sexual abuse against children.
The reason given, as might be expected is that husbands find it extemely embarrassing to complain or admit that these situations even exist, let alone know how to handle them.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Interesting post Relampago.
I think another factor, that only recently is starting to be increasingly recognised is that only a small percentage of female violence against males ever comes to light, as is the case with female sexual abuse against children.
The reason given, as might be expected is that husbands find it extemely embarrassing to complain or admit that these situations even exist, let alone know how to handle them.
While agreeing wholeheartedly, I would caution against what appears these days to be a tendency to over compensate - positive discrimination instead of no discrimination at all. Neither gender should abuse the other (nor its own, for that matter!). Neither abuse is 'better' nor worse than the other.

As for what the op said seemed to happen in his case, well
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:29 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

There are always two sides and both parties in most disagreements deny responsibility or guilt, they would not be an issue if one admitted fault, no would there.

I`d like to hear how all the women of Baza have suddenly turned into vampires preying on the innocents and removing them of there wealth.

Then again its a recession and prey is probably very easy to find.

Last edited by chulo; Dec 15th 2009 at 2:35 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

so sorry for you predicament and hope it all works out in the end for you. but you have put the wind up my and no doubt about that. i live not so far from baza and do a lot of my shopping there. i am going in again soon and now i will be looking at whatever english women i meet with suspicious eyes and a hand on my particulars.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

I have noticed in recent years plenty of news coverage and interest in Spain regarding the 'violence against women'. Certainly the rulings of President Zapatero has helped the influence of public opinion. Only now do I search on line and immediately find the usual thing in Baza. Gatherings to support the International Day for the Elimination of Violence towards Women.
"Internacional de la Eliminación de la Violencia contra las Mujeres" - clearly a big event in Baza and elsewhere.

http://www.ayuntamientodebaza.es/pre...=1484&Itemid=2

What was of interest, as my Spanish is poor, is the photograph showing the men with the banner EL MACHISMO MATA
So this repeated publicity for the better treatment of women in Spain as well as President Zapatero's clear high respect for women (I think he has more women in his cabinet then men?) as demonstrated by his Defence Minister not to speak about all the other women in high positions in Spanish politics, leads me to think that the nation is going through a 'who now is wearing the trousers' sort of transmogrification. The woman must be right as she has been under the cosh for too many years. The pendulum has swung too far the other way.
Every time I see de la Vega on the telly I think, is she after me too ? How can I ever satisfy her ?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nige
I have noticed in recent years plenty of news coverage and interest in Spain regarding the 'violence against women'. Certainly the rulings of President Zapatero has helped the influence of public opinion. Only now do I search on line and immediately find the usual thing in Baza. Gatherings to support the International Day for the Elimination of Violence towards Women.
"Internacional de la Eliminación de la Violencia contra las Mujeres" - clearly a big event in Baza and elsewhere.

http://www.ayuntamientodebaza.es/pre...=1484&Itemid=2

What was of interest, as my Spanish is poor, is the photograph showing the men with the banner EL MACHISMO MATA
So this repeated publicity for the better treatment of women in Spain as well as President Zapatero's clear high respect for women (I think he has more women in his cabinet then men?) as demonstrated by his Defence Minister not to speak about all the other women in high positions in Spanish politics, leads me to think that the nation is going through a 'who now is wearing the trousers' sort of transmogrification. The woman must be right as she has been under the cosh for too many years. The pendulum has swung too far the other way.
Every time I see de la Vega on the telly I think, is she after me too ? How can I ever satisfy her ?
I'm afraid you lost me with de la Vega, but I think common sense, or is that popular opinion, will take over when enough men have suffered. Though nothing drastic will happen until Zapatero has gone.

I have been very surprised at how many Spanish women are against this law, as they feel they are tarred with the same brush. The Guardia also complain that too many women harm themselves in a bid to take the property and money.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:19 pm
Banned

So what is the alternative, return to women being beating an the authorities ignoring it.

Sorry but your story is not exactly ringing true to me, women don't just get into relationships and then accuse there partners in the manor you suggest without some form of incentive.

Even in Spain to make allegations of mistreatment and abuse there has to be evidence, you cannot blame all the involved parties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.