Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Correos hours over Xmas

Correos hours over Xmas

Old Dec 24th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Correos hours over Xmas

Does anybody know the hours for small town subs?My postman gave me an aviso to collect a xmas present, I dutifully queued up with a few locals at the Simat office for 12.30 opening,at 12.45 someone noticed a small sign in the inner door saying they are closed 24th and 31st.I asked the local policeman if they would be open on the 26th got the latin shrug and even though he is working and the Ajuntament is open Correos is a mystery.And before anyone suggests checking the Correos website it believes no office exists in Simat
Old Dec 24th 2013, 12:18 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Correos hours over Xmas

26th is not a public holiday in Spain...they will be open.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Today wasn't either........but this is Valencia
Old Dec 24th 2013, 7:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Today wasn't either........but this is Valencia
That's Spain for you
The local Spanish will know, but it is in their blood, they don't need a notice or anything
same as they know when all the holidays, feria days etc etc, no need to advertise to us guiri's who know nothing

just follow the queue on the 26th, otherwise it will be the 27th.

my local post lady used to deliver packages to the landlord's house in the next street, leaving a note to say so - although we never told her who our landlord was - but she is married to one of the Policia Local.....
now she has retired the guy that comes on his motorbike takes it all back to the correos office at the top of the hill above the church, sometimes leaving a note.
so you need to know if you are getting mail

but that's Spain for you
Old Dec 24th 2013, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

What made me smile was that the village bobby, who I know has lived in Simat all his life didn't know when it would be open,still it's only a 17k round trip
Old Dec 25th 2013, 8:18 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Correos hours over Xmas

Originally Posted by Domino
That's Spain for you
The local Spanish will know, but it is in their blood, they don't need a notice or anything
same as they know when all the holidays, feria days etc etc, no need to advertise to us guiri's who know nothing

just follow the queue on the 26th, otherwise it will be the 27th.

my local post lady used to deliver packages to the landlord's house in the next street, leaving a note to say so - although we never told her who our landlord was - but she is married to one of the Policia Local.....
now she has retired the guy that comes on his motorbike takes it all back to the correos office at the top of the hill above the church, sometimes leaving a note.
so you need to know if you are getting mail

but that's Spain for you

What has always amused me is that we rarely receive post when it is raining and then have a load!!!!!

Rosemary
Old Dec 25th 2013, 9:23 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
What has always amused me is that we rarely receive post when it is raining and then have a load!!!!!

Rosemary
the Christmas before I left the UK as usual Royal Mail employed a huge number of temporary postmen. I came home from work to see a guy standing in our street with envelopes in his hand, holding them up to match the number on the house. Those who didn't have their house numbers showing didn't get any mail that day, but when I looked at my door mat there was far more than i could imagine. Turned out he had matched my house number to those for 4 streets so i had to take them all back to the post box and let them start again.

its not just Spain
Old Dec 25th 2013, 4:53 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
the Christmas before I left the UK as usual Royal Mail employed a huge number of temporary postmen. I came home from work to see a guy standing in our street with envelopes in his hand, holding them up to match the number on the house. Those who didn't have their house numbers showing didn't get any mail that day, but when I looked at my door mat there was far more than i could imagine. Turned out he had matched my house number to those for 4 streets so i had to take them all back to the post box and let them start again.

its not just Spain
Our postmen wear shorts, irrespective of the weather, it's obviously a macho thing.