Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Copying video camera movies

Copying video camera movies

Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:16 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Copying video camera movies

Hi

I am looking for a simple 'step-by-step guide' to share videos, eg of trips to Spain.

My friends have videos on this camera that I would like copies of.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Sony-Handy...ver-/100026635

I am not very technical, but if they send me the disc, how could I make a copy onto DVD please? (Or even onto my PC - though I prefer to have the DVD that I can play on any DVD player) ...... and then return it to them, please.

The comments on the link talk about playing the disc, but I am looking to copy this for myself and they can have the original back.

If someone could explain how I can do that and what stuff/software I need, then please let me know.... hopefully there is a simple and inexpensive way to do this...

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copying video camera movies

Put the disc into your PC and copy to your Hard Drive.

Then put a blank DVD disc normal size into your PC and copy from PC to the disc.

If for any reason you do not have a program to let you copy then download Nero or similar

http://www.nero.com/eng/
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Can't they copy it for you and send you a copy? If they send it to you without making a copy, and it goes astray in the post (not unheard of) you're both snookered.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:37 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Can't they copy it for you and send you a copy? If they send it to you without making a copy, and it goes astray in the post (not unheard of) you're both snookered.
Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Put the disc into your PC and copy to your Hard Drive.

Then put a blank DVD disc normal size into your PC and copy from PC to the disc.

If for any reason you do not have a program to let you copy then download Nero or similar

http://www.nero.com/eng/

Thanks Fred - it really is that simple - great. I've never done it before, I thought there was some problem copying DVD's. (Piracy etc)

Yes agoreira good point - you're right its too valuable to get lost, I'll pay for them to send it by registered post.

Thanks for such a prompt reply/help. Always a pleasure being a forum member...

Jon
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Positive

PS Will NERO be able to copy segments of the disk - as opposed to the whole disk? There will be mixed stuff on the mini disk that is not applicable to me....

Thanks
Jon
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
PS Will NERO be able to copy segments of the disk - as opposed to the whole disk? There will be mixed stuff on the mini disk that is not applicable to me....

Thanks
Jon
I'm not that clever
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:19 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jon
It would be best to copy the disk to a folder on the PC. You can then select which files you want to copy to your blank DVD.

That also gives you a backup should the disk become unreadable or lost. It also means you can play the videos on your PC should you wish to.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Jon
I think it would, it's years since I've used Nero, but certainly any video editor, like Videopad (free) would. Just chop out the bits you don't want, but if you aren't computer savvy, it might be a step too far!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Fred James
It would be best to copy the disk to a folder on the PC. You can then select which files you want to copy to your blank DVD.

That also gives you a backup should the disk become unreadable or lost. It also means you can play the videos on your PC should you wish to.
Aaah I get it. Thanks Fred. Each time you switch on and start a new recording it becomes a new folder - then all you have to do is select the appropriate folders.

Ill try Nero and agoreira if that doesn't work I'll use videopad

Thanks again to you both

Jon