British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Copy Nota Simple (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/copy-nota-simple-723596/)

Ambre Solaire Jul 4th 2011 8:08 pm

Copy Nota Simple

I am trying to obtain a copy of a Nota Simple on line. All the instructions are in English, when I try to fill in my details as soon as I put in UK, it won't let me go any further.

I may be losing the plot, what am I doing wrong ?

Many thanks

twistedmelon Jul 4th 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Copy Nota Simple

Originally Posted by Ambre Solaire (Post 9474956)
I am trying to obtain a copy of a Nota Simple on line. All the instructions are in English, when I try to fill in my details as soon as I put in UK, it won't let me go any further.

I may be losing the plot, what am I doing wrong ?

Many thanks

I seem to remember that some spanish sites have a problem with the browser you use or something PC related.
Maybe a PC guru may know more than me.

Domino Jul 4th 2011 11:08 pm

have you tried leaving out the UK and proceeding further down the form ??
if it lets you that is.

Ambre Solaire Jul 5th 2011 3:41 pm

Can any PC expert advise me, as suggested ?

Thanks

twistedmelon Jul 5th 2011 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ambre Solaire (Post 9476669)
Can any PC expert advise me, as suggested ?

Thanks

Me again, still PC klutz.
I have a feeling that it is Spanish government/official sites that this is more of a problem with than others.
I have seen it mentioned on here before,a while ago though.
Looks like there's no guru's in town at the mo.
Do you have any one here who can try the site from their PC?

avocados Jul 5th 2011 5:30 pm

Ambre Solaire,

If u enter "UK", the system does not require an address, certainly at that stage.

I've just gone through the first couple of pages without issue.

I presume that u have selected the "card payment " option ?

Also, not sure if non Spanish credit cards accepted, as obviously I haven't proceeded to that part.

I also presume that u have the property register number - catastro information is of no relevance at the registry and your query will be rejected (no charge).

Finally, the nota simple will be sent via email (not postal address).

Ambre Solaire Jul 7th 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions and advice to all

Unfortunately, I only have the catastro information. How can I obtain the property register number ?

The property is not up for sale through an agent

snikpoh Jul 7th 2011 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ambre Solaire (Post 9481254)

Unfortunately, I only have the catastro information. How can I obtain the property register number ?

Are the registration details not in the escritura? or is it not your property?

twistedmelon Jul 8th 2011 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Ambre Solaire (Post 9481254)

I think it would help if you explained what it is you are trying to do as clearly this is not just a simple case of non compatible browsers.
When you say "no agent" does that mean it is being sold without agent or that you are trying to sell it without agent?
Are you trying to sort all this out from the UK?
NO property can be bought or sold without the property having an escritura and being registered at the land office.

Ambre Solaire Jul 8th 2011 9:02 am

The property is for sale but the owners are not using an agent. I have asked to see copies of the Escritura and Nota Simple, which have not materialised as yet. I thought I would try and obtain this info myself so I do not waste time and money

snikpoh Jul 8th 2011 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by twistedmelon (Post 9482697)
I think it would help if you explained what it is you are trying to do as clearly this is not just a simple case of non compatible browsers.
When you say "no agent" does that mean it is being sold without agent or that you are trying to sell it without agent?
Are you trying to sort all this out from the UK?
NO property can be bought or sold without the property having an escritura and being registered at the land office.

... just a small correction - the property does not NEED to be registered for it to be bought or sold. Yes it SHOULD be, but there is no NEED.

twistedmelon Jul 8th 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 9483018)
... just a small correction - the property does not NEED to be registered for it to be bought or sold. Yes it SHOULD be, but there is no NEED.

I can't speak for the Valencia region but where we are it is not possible by law.

The law changed some years ago and I had personal experience of this.
My neighbour is trying to sell his fathers property and is having a nightmare trying to get the documentation together to get the escritura sorted.

A S
I would not touch this property with a barge pole.
This sounds a classic case of the owners trying to do this through the back door, as was the norm years ago, but it is my understanding that the govt has clamped down severely on this practice.
You are buying this on trust of the owners and you own limited knowledge,no solicitors, sorry but that sounds a recipe for disaster especially here in Spain.

snikpoh Jul 8th 2011 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by twistedmelon (Post 9483082)
I can't speak for the Valencia region but where we are it is not possible by law.

The law changed some years ago and I had personal experience of this.
My neighbour is trying to sell his fathers property and is having a nightmare trying to get the documentation together to get the escritura sorted.

A S
I would not touch this property with a barge pole.
This sounds a classic case of the owners trying to do this through the back door, as was the norm years ago, but it is my understanding that the govt has clamped down severely on this practice.
You are buying this on trust of the owners and you own limited knowledge,no solicitors, sorry but that sounds a recipe for disaster especially here in Spain.

I guess it might vary by region but we certainly purchased a property which had not been registered with the 'land registry'. Every thing else was fine, and once we had purchased it, the registration was a formality.